Tag Archives: Twitter
4:55 pm on Aug 3, 2011 |
Jumping in the race officially, Bell has announced that the Bold 9900, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860 are all coming soon to their network. They highlight the new features of the Bold 9900 and are even holding a contest to win your very own Bold 9900. To enter the contest all you have to do is register for email updates about the 9900 and then Tweet that your registered for your chance to win. You can view the coming soon page plus all the contest info and rules at the link below.
When the PlayBook launched there was a strange absence of…well any social media apps, mainly twitter. Fast-forward to today and we have a small gathering of social apps, and the biggest one so far seems to be Blaq. Today Blaq has been update to version 1.1 brining a slew of new and welcomed features, check then out below.
- Scroll to top by double tapping respective icon
- Show lock when account is protected
- Maximize Web view
- Delete tweet
- Pull-down Options Menu (non-functional)
- Trending topics
- Link hashtags to search
- Better support for non-english languages when displaying tweets
- Progress bar for image upload
- New reply icon
- In-app notification system
- Link @ mentions to profile card
- New search icon to toolbar
If you haven’t picked up Blaq head over to App World and check it out today.
11:21 am on Jun 24, 2011 |
Looks like RIM has given us a nice little treat to end off the week and have provided an update to Twitter for BlackBerry in Beta Zone. The update includes:
- Color Refresh – featuring a lighter color scheme
- Compose a Tweet – the Tweet composer is “hidden” from the Home timeline but accessible from the new Compose Tweet bar located below the navigation bar
- Trending Topics with local trends support – a Trending Topics icon has been added to the nav bar and now includes local trends support
- My Profile – Now users can access their profile quickly and easily from the nav bar (or the Menu)
- Performance Enhancements to improve the overall usability of the app
So head over to BlackBerry Beta Zone and get the latest addition of Twitter for BlackBerry.
UberSocial, for those that don’t know, is one of the most popular and widely used Twitter clients for BlackBerry. The app is one of the best Twitter clients available for BlackBerry and a great alternative to the native client. The update to version 1.2 brings a few new features. These new features include:
- Inner Circle – a personalized timeline with only tweets you want to see
- DealBox – a personalized, location-based deal locator
- Twitter Photo Service support
- Enhanced image viewing
Along with these great new features comes support for Twitter’s new authentication system, various bug fixes, and speed improvements. If you’re looking for a new Twitter client or are already an UberSocial user, hit the link below to download the latest version.
1:05 pm on Jun 10, 2011 |
If you’ve been waiting for a way to spice up your photos taken from the PlayBook and maybe make some good old’n time looking photos then Smarter Apps has the solution for you. InstaPhoto is available today in BlackBerry App World on the PlayBook and gives you the ability to add a bunch of different effects to photos taken on the PlayBook and then send them off to FaceBook, Twitter or Tumbler. The app runs for $2.99 and considering it has 25 pre set effects and easy to use photo uploading to social sites that’s a steal. A full list of effects can be found after the break, and if your thinking of picking the app up grab the link below and it’ll take you right to App World and share your photos in the forums!.
2:34 pm on May 31, 2011 |
A proper Twitter client for the BlackBerry PlayBook has been at the top of the most requested list, right next to native email and calendar, since the PlayBook launched. Today, we have now met that request. Blaq is a full-featured Twitter client that is now available in App World for your PlayBook. The team from Blaq already has a quality client available for BlackBerry smartphones and now you can Blaq-out your PlayBook as well. Blaq has been in beta testing for quite some time and with the official release today we have a great Twitter client. Blaq is available for $1.99 in App World and we highly recommend it.
10:19 am on May 19, 2011 |
RIM has just let us know that Twitter for BlackBerry version 2.0 has been released into App World. This new version brings some new and redesigned features including:
- re-designed navigation bar
- compose tweets from anywhere in the app
- Improved Twitter search
- BlackBerry 6 universal search integration
This new version of Twitter for BlackBerry is sure to make your Twitter experience even better. With much of the app being re-designed and the speed and features of the app improving, we can expect to see more users switching to the official Twitter client from some of those 3rd party apps. If you’ve never tried Twitter for BlackBerry or if you’ve tried it in the past and didn’t love it, we recommend giving version 2.0 a try and seeing what you think. If you have any comments or observations about this new version, feel free to to leave them in the comments section. The update will be rolling out into App World over the next 24 hours so all users may not see it immediately. If you don’t have the update yet, just check back later.
9:53 am on May 13, 2011 |
Recently I’ve come to the conclusion that while our site is the hub for all things BlackBerry a lot of our readers maybe at a loss when it comes to following us on Twitter, FaceBook or YouTube, so I’m going to lend a helping hand and point you in the right direction.
Be a Fan of TheBerryFix.com on FaceBook
Watch all our video reviews on YouTube page
Follow TheBerryFix.com staff on Twitter
- Follow TheBerryFix.com News and BlackBerry Help @theberryfix
- Follow BerryFix Zach @theberryfixZach
- Follow Justin @jclisenby
- Follow Jake @blackberrytheme
See, Connecting with us is actually quite simple. Whether it be YouTube, FaceBook or Twitter we’re here to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smarthphone. So if you have a BlackBerry question don’t be afraid to tweet us, email, facebook or leave a comment on a blog post and we’ll do our best to find the answer for you.
1:40 pm on May 5, 2011 |
On monday we let everyone know that RIM was offering Twitter for BlackBerry v2.0 to Beta Zone users this week and they are standing by their word as Twitter for BlackBerry will enter into limited beta on BlackBerry beta zone. The new version brings an updated UI, improved speed and new features giving you more ways to get your tweet on. Make sure you head over to BlackBerry Beta Zone and download twitter for BlackBerry V2.0
3:16 pm on May 2, 2011 |
This week RIM will make available Twitter for BlackBerry version 2.0. Continuing on the momentum of Twitter for BlackBerry V1, RIM will include a few features that will make the application a true super app.
Twitter for BlackBerry V2 features:
- Re-designed UI
- Tweet location and push @mentions
- Universal search integration
Make sure you’re a Beta Zone user so you can get on the latest and greatest as soon as its made available. Im loving the news thats coming from BlackBerry World so far and we will be sure to bring you the latest news as its available.
10:52 am on Apr 12, 2011 |
Today RIM announced an update to Twitter for BlackBerry brining the current version to 1.1. The latest update brings a plethora of features that the users in BlackBerry Beta Zone have requested, also a few bug fixes and speed improvements.
Lets get down to the new features first,
- Tweet Location
- Refreshed Branding
- Retweet Updates
- New language support
- #Topic Autocomplete
The update should be pushed to your BlackBerry within the next 24 hrs via App World. If you’re on twitter make sure you follow @TheBerryFix for all things BlackBerry.
Twitter for BlackBerry (T4BB) has received an update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update brings the app to version 22.214.171.124. We don’t know what changes there are in terms of performance but there has been a change to one of the icons. The Trending Topics icon has gotten an updated look, which you can check out in the screenshot after the break. The update is available for T4BB users in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. If you’re not yet a member of the Beta Zone you can join at the link below.
5:09 pm on Mar 3, 2011 |
Hootsuite is a relative newcomer to the BlackBerry Twitter client list and it is shaping up to be quite a nice client. Today, Hootsuite for BlackBerry has been updated to bring support for Facebook, Foursquare, and LinkedIn, in addition to the Twitter functionality that it previously featured. HootSuite seems to be taking the route of being a social media client instead of just a Twitter client. The changes in this update include:
- LinkedIn: Add your account (on OS5 and OS6) or import from HootSuite web and view news updates and profiles
- Foursquare: Comments on check-ins from your friends
- Facebook: Add Pages directly from your handset, plus view events and search
- Favoriting: Add faves from the stream or by individual messages
- Friends: Choose recently-replied-to contacts in Compose screen plus see friendship status
- Posting: Reply-all for Tweets + see network icons overlaid on avatars
- Lists: Create and manage Twitter lists including following and viewing
If you’re looking for a good social media manager for BlackBerry you may want to give Hootsuite a try. The app is available for free at the link below.
1:43 pm on Feb 22, 2011 |
RIM has just let us know that version 1.1 of Twitter For BlackBerry (T4BB), the official BlackBerry Twitter client, has been launched into the BlackBErry Beta Zone. The new version includes many new features and interface tweaks that users have been asking for. Some of the new features include:
- @mention Push Notifications – Users are now alerted with push notifications to the ribbon when they have @mentions, helping users quickly reply to @mentions
- Direct Messages – Renamed “Messages,” direct messages are now threaded in the style of BBM conversations. Related messages are grouped together, making the direct message area less cluttered
- #Topic Autocomplete – When users include a hashtag in their tweet, a dropdown list of key words will be presented based on previously used #topics
- Social Feeds Integration – Deeper integration with Social Feeds allows users to perform Twitter actions right from Social Feeds, without launching the app
- Retweet Updates – Retweets now appear in the Home timeline with a tag of “retweeted by you,” quickly alerting users that a retweet has been sent
- New Gesture Support – BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device can now refresh page content by simply dragging a finger down the device screen and releasing it
- Additional language support – New languages supported include Polish and Czech
The T4BB update is available to all users in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update will work on all BlackBerry devices with OS 4.5 or higher that have a data plan. If you’re not a member of the BlackBerry Beta Zone then head on over and join up today.
8:47 pm on Jan 3, 2011 |
Last week we ended the first ever TheBerryFix.com Readers Choice App Awards, and with such a huge turnout I wanted to break it down to percentages giving the developers a chance to see were they stand in the community. As we stated before DriveSafe.ly took the cake and came in first place receiving over 28% of the votes, but take a look at the full list below to see were you rated the top BlackBerry apps of 2010.
- Xobni: 20.17%
- Poynt: 16.81%
- Qucklaunch: 10.81%
- BeeBuzz: 7.56%
- FaceBook for BlackBerry: 7.56%
- Twitter for BlackBerry: 3.36%
- Foursquare: 2.52%
- Tether: 2.52%
So there you have it, you voted and the results are in. 2011 will be an amazing year, with new apps and new BlackBerry devices for us to play with. So stay tuned and locked to TheBerryFix.com!