Tag Archives: Twitter
4:45 pm on May 9, 2013 |
Today, BlackBerry has released updates to both the native Twitter and LinkedIn applications for BlackBerry 10. Both updates bring some new enhancements and features to the apps, plus speed and performance enhancements. Here’s what’s new in each update, click the app name for the link to download the update for free in BlackBerry World.
- Enjoy more content with Universal Search – Twitter 10.0.3/10.1.3 allows you to see more content when you’re searching. You’ll be able to view related profiles, tweets and top tweets, photos and relevant searches all on one page.
- Always Fresh Content – The latest Twitter update ensures all of your content is always fresh and up to date. Automatic caching gives you the current information at your fingertips without having to manually refresh your tabs.
- Finding Your Contacts – Quickly make connections by importing and inviting your current contacts from your personal address book through the ‘Add Connections’ wizard.
- Enhanced Inbox – On the Inbox page, you can easily view the number of unread messages and invitations waiting for you.
- Refreshed Design – Check out the updated application design for an enhanced LinkedIn experience.
- Follow and Learn About Companies – With LinkedIn 10.0.3/10.1.3 you can now view details of the companies you follow as well as details of the companies suggested for you to follow.
- Delete and Archive Messages – On the Inbox page, you can now choose to delete or archive your messages.
- Change Profile Picture – There are three new and easy ways to change your profile picture. Change it from the ‘You Page’, the ‘Full Screen View of your Photo’ or from the ‘Native Picture Viewer’.
BlackBerry has released major updates to both Twitter and Facebook for BlackBerry 10. these updates bring some great new features to both applications, while adding bug fixes and enhancing app performance. The changes include the following:
- Friends Nearby – Facebook 10.0.1 allows you to discover if your Facebook friends are nearby. You’ll be able to see when they’ve checked in on Facebook to a location that’s close to where you are.
- Photo Updates – There are new ways of interacting with your Facebook photos. With Facebook 10.0.1, you can now easily add photo tags to a photo you’re uploading within the Facebook application. Plus if you like that photo or funny picture your friend just shared on Facebook, you now have the ability save Facebook photos locally on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Events – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it even easier to plan and keep track of your events. You can now view and respond to events, invite your friends to attend, create and view posts on the event wall, post photos, and even tag guests.
- Sharing – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it easier than ever to share what matters to you with all of your contacts. Using the BlackBerry 10 share framework, you can now easily share links from your Facebook newsfeed to BBM™, email, SMS, Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and others.
- Your Connect Tab – Twitter 10.0.2 allows you to view all interactions in one place, including new follows, favorites and mentions.
- Enjoy More Content – Take a look at photos, article summaries and other updates within your Tweets.
- Added Perspective – The latest Twitter version allows you to see the number of times a Tweet has been favorited.
12:51 pm on Mar 7, 2013 |
BlackBerry has just released major updates for both Twitter and LinkedIn for BlackBerry 10. The update brings the Twitter and LinkedIn version numbers to 10.0.1. There are tons of changes to both applications, which can be seen in the change logs below. Both updates are available for free in BlackBerry World. The updates could take up to 24 hours to show up on your device. These app versions will be available for US customers immediately when BlackBerry 10 launches in the US this month.
Twitter New Features
- Doing more on the Compose Tweet Screen – With Twitter v10.0.1, an enhanced Compose Tweet Screen allows you to take a new photo or add an existing one, add your location, and offers a shortcut for “@”.
- Composing Direct Messages – Twitter v10.0.1 makes it easier for you to compose a Direct Message from the “Me” tab within the app. Viewing Direct Messages from your contacts is also available in the BlackBerry® Hub.
- Edit Profile – You can now edit your profile picture, header, and details from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Conversation view – You will see the full conversation history when clicking on a Tweet.
- Improved Image Viewing – You can now view pic.twitter.com full screen images, as well as pinch to zoom and pan images from the Tweet details. Also, you can view full screen profile pictures from other Twitter users.
- Deleting Tweets – You can now delete your own tweets from any screen where your tweet is displayed. It’s as simple as holding down on a tweet and selecting the trash icon.
- Block and Report as Spam – You can now block and report users as spam.
- Enhanced Menu – Twitter v10.0.1 allows you to do more from the timeline, with new options to “Quote Tweet” after selecting “Retweet” as well as “Open Tweet” to view the tweet details page.
LinkedIn New Features
- LinkedIn Messages – LinkedIn v10.0.1 allows you to quickly message your connections from their profile page.
- Enhanced Job Search tools – With LinkedIn v10.0.1, you now have access to view, search and save jobs that are ‘Recommended’ for you.
- LinkedIn Today – Choose the LinkedIn news that matters the most, by filtering the news by Industries you are interested in.
- Better Image Viewing – LinkedIn v10.0.1 provides full screen viewing of LinkedIn profiles for an enhanced visual experience.
Twitter has released an update to the BlackBerry 10 version of their application. There is no change log included with this update and it’s only an incremental update, so we can assume that this update is primarily bug fixes and speed improvements. If you’re one of the lucky owners of a new BlackBerry 10 device, or a developer still with the Dev Alpha, you can grab the update in BlackBerry World.
10:28 am on Jan 19, 2013 |
With only 11 days until the official unveiling of BlackBerry 10, there’s not much time to leak the surprises that RIM has planned for BlackBerry 10. The latest surprise to leak is a pretty big one, especially with Siri being such a big and helpful feature on iOS. RIM has prepared a completely new voice control feature for BlackBerry 10. To activate voice control, you just hold the play/pause button on the side, which is located between the volume up/down buttons. She will come up asking what she can do for you and then you can perform all sorts of actions just by speaking.
Voice control allows you to do things like send a text, call a phone number, or play a song, all by just pressing a button and speaking. This feature is much like Siri on iOS, with a similar voice and the familiar conversation bubbles that she uses. I’ll let you decide if copying Apple directly is a good or bad plan for RIM and BlackBerry 10. I’ll leave you with this, it certainly is an awesome feature and you should check out the video above to see for yourself. The video also features a walkthrough of some of the native apps like Twitter and Facebook, so that makes it worth a look, too.
Source : Telekom Presse
12:53 pm on Dec 18, 2012 |
RIM has just released the latest public iteration of Twitter for BlackBerry, version 4.0. This update helps to bring the BlackBerry version of Twitter up to par with the iOS and Android versions of the Twitter app. There are lots of new features in this update, including:
- Enhanced navigation bar – With Twitter v4.0, you will enjoy an enhanced navigation experience, keeping you connected to your friends and content that matter.
- New tabs with a familiar feel – Twitter v4.0 showcases the ‘Connect’ and ‘Discover’ tabs, which active Twitter users will recognize from Twitter’s website.
- Connect tab – Helping to keep those engaged conversations going, the ‘Connect’ tab shares who has retweeted, favorited and followed you, and gives you the option to filter ‘mentions’ and ‘replies’.
- Discover tab – Twitter v4.0 makes finding the latest news and trends easier and quicker. Discover new friends and favorite things to follow through ‘Who to follow’ or by browsing via ‘Categories’. Catch up on the latest buzz through viewing ‘Trends’.
- Me tab – Access messages and lists under the ‘Me’ tab.
Twitter for BlackBerry is free, as always, and can be downloaded from the link below. Remember, it can take up to 24 hours for updates to populate App World, so if it’s not showing for you now, give it a few hours and check back.
- Download Twitter for BlackBerry
2:20 pm on Dec 17, 2012 |
While the official launch of BlackBerry 10 isn’t till January 30th, that hasn’t stopped the plethora of leaks onto the internet of RIM’s latest operating system. The new images show what seems to be the BlackBerry 10 Voice control application. Along with the official Twitter, Facebook, and foursquare applications. Over all there still is a lot that we don’t know about the new OS, but we’re learning more and more everyday. Keep it locked to TheBerryFix.com as we get closer to the launch of the all new, totally reinvented, BlackBerry 10.
Continue reading for more photos of the all new BlackBerry 10 platform.
Source : CrackBerry.com
10:12 am on Oct 10, 2012 |
RIM has just released a new version of Twitter for BlackBerry into App World. The latest release is version 3.2 and it’s nearly the same version that has been in Beta Zone testing. The Twitter for BlackBerry v3.2 upgrade brings the following new features:
- Enhanced Tweet Screen – Twitter 3.2 gives you a quick preview of a tweet link or photo through an enhanced tweet details screen, helping you decide if you want to click for more detail. Previews capture content such as headlines, quick summary snippets as well as publisher and author details. It’s a convenient and easy way to get the gist before clicking for more detail.
- Finding Friends Button – Check out if any of your BlackBerry contacts have recently joined Twitter by clicking the “Find Friends” button on the Welcome Screen or Profile Page. Twitter works with your BlackBerry address book and offers suggestions on people you should follow. Discovering friends has never been easier and faster.
- Quick Follow Button – Twitter 3.2 makes it easier and faster to follow users in one click. Skip the step of clicking on profiles to follow users. Instead, simply click the Follow button and get access to more users and content. It’s that easy.
You can grab the update from BlackBerry App World by following the link below. IT may take a short while for the update to populate all areas of App World, so if you’re not seeing it now, check back later. Inside BlackBerry also has a post up on the new update, check it out HERE.
2:30 pm on Oct 5, 2012 |
RIM has issued another small update to Twitter for BlackBerry in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This update brings the latest Beta version to 126.96.36.199 and fixes a few bugs that were present in the previous release. the fixed bugs include:
- Following list is not showing following state correctly. The follow button is appearing for many users even though you already follow them.
- Timeline takes up to 10 seconds to appear when switching users
- Twitter Search shows duplicate tweets
- Reply All does not reply to all, only replies to the original sender
If you’re a Beta Zone member you can login in using the link below and download the Twitter for BlackBerry update. If you’re not yet a member, hit the link to join and then grab the latest Twitter Beta.
2:09 pm on Sep 25, 2012 |
Today at the keynote of BlackBerry Jam Americas, RIM announced something that BlackBerry users had been hoping for, native app inclusions at launch. It was announced that all four major social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Linked in, and Foursquare, would be available for BlackBerry 10 at launch. There will be a nativeBlackBerry 10 app available for each network, as well as OS integration for all 4 networks.
During the keynote, some of these apps were previewed on BlackBerry 10 and they look awesome. When BlackBerry 10 launches, gone will be the days of terribly designed BlackBerry apps. Each application looks identical to their iOS counterparts; however, there is one big difference. They are running on a BlackBerry 10 device and are also integrated directly into the OS. We’ll keep you up to date with all our coverage from BlackBerry Jam Americas, so stay tuned.
1:07 pm on Sep 6, 2012 |
Seesmic has announced today on their Company Blog that they have been officially acquired by HootSuite. Seesmic has long been a popular choice for BlackBerry users looking to manage their Twitter account on their device. HootSuite has also been a popular Tweeting choice for BlackBerry users. The two companies are merging in a effort to conform to some of Twitter’s new guidelines and to bring you the best possible social experience on your BlackBerry. Support for both platforms will continue for a short time and then the two will be combined into one large platform.
The team over at Kisai Labs has been continually hard at work on updates to the #1 Twitter client for the BlackBerry PlayBook, Blaq. The latest update brings a ton of bug fixes to the client. The version number of this update is 1.8.4 and here are the changes:
- Even smoother scrolling
- Auto-reconnect real-time streaming on dropped connections
- Performance and bug fixes
In addition to working on the Blaq Twitter app for the BlackBerry PlayBook, the Blaq team is hard at work preparing the client for the BlackBerry 10 launch. You can expect to see an even better Blaq experience when BlackBerry 10 launches. The team is also working hard to keep Blaq available with the new changes in Twitter’s rules. In the meantime, grab the update or purchase Blaq for you PlayBook at the link below.
4:47 pm on Aug 20, 2012 |
RIM has released another update for Twitter for BlackBerry into the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update is version 188.8.131.52, just a wee jump from the previous version of 184.108.40.206. Even though it’s just a small jump in version number, the updated Twitter for BlackBerry has lots of changes, including:
- Trends list is incorrect, and not for the proper region
- Follow button on users list do not appear in correct state
- The follow button is cut off when using a larger font size on the search page
- Misaligned lock image on user lists
- Details missing on error dialogs when clicking link for show details – exception in log
- The verified logo is cut-off on the following list screen
- Text isn’t vertically in the centre of focus on location selection drop down of trends
- Email popup field opens when you check or uncheck the show password option
- Truncated link causes it not to work/open to intended article
If you’re already a Beta Zone member and registered for the Twitter for BlackBerry Beta, you should be able to download the update now. If not, hit the link below to sign up to Beta test all of RIM’s future BlackBerry Beta apps.
10:00 am on Jul 31, 2012 |
UberSocial for BlackBerry connects to your Twitter and Facebook accounts and allows you to see all your social updates right in one, unified timeline. The UberSocial application has been updated today to version 1.403 and it brings along lots of cool, new features. The coolest feature of all, in my opinion, is the addition of “Photo Timeline.” This new feature takes all the tweets with photos and compiles them into a spearate photo timeline. The other updates include:
- User Interface Updates to meet Twitter’s new guidelines
- Support for Twitter’s photo uploading service
- Photo Timeline
- Removal of error notifications
- Removed old Twitter API’s
- Removed the Twitter bird from the UberSocial logo
If you haven’t tried out UberSocial, I definitely recommend it. The native Twitter for BlackBerry Client leaves a lot to be desired and UberSocial does a great job at filling those voids. It’s available for free from the link below.
RIM has pushed out another update to Twitter for BlackBerry. This update brings the current version of T4BB to v220.127.116.11 and brings many new additions and changes. The most notable change is the addition of the new Twitter logo, which all of the official Twitter clients have updated to. The additional changes include:
- Updated Twitter Bird
- Undo Retweet
- New tweet details screen
- Sharing Tweets over email fails to keep links shortened
- Reply Hotkey not working and menu item missing on the Tweet Details screen if the Tweet is Retweeted by you
- When replying to a Tweet with a location, location call out pops up over top of the text in the Tweet
- Main account was deleted/logged out from app after experiencing network issues
- Spell check dialog appears as well as the suggested usernames in Sign Up screen
If you’re a Twitter for BlackBerry users, you’re definitely going to want to grab this latest update. It’s available for free in BlackBerry App World or by clicking the link below.