Tag Archives: Touch Screen
12:57 am on Dec 22, 2012 |
While the BlackBerry L-series has seen it’s fair share of leaks onto the World Wide Web, the QWERTY BlackBerry 10 has been quite shy. Well, that is until now. Today Nerd Berry leaked the first images of the all new QWERTY BlackBerry 10 Device that is now going by the marketing name X10. The X10 features the new BlackBerry 10 OS, a touch screen, as well as BlackBerrys traditional physical keyboard. While there’s only one image now, we’re sure more are to follow.
Source : NerdBerry
8:25 pm on Nov 1, 2011 |
Last September RIM came to the table with the all-new BlackBerry Torch 9800, a device that was greeted with less than stellar reviews from the tech community and consumers alike. Just under a year later RIM launched what they hoped to be a powerhouse upgrade, a new phone, a new beginning. The big question is, did the Torch 9810 live up to its hype, did RIM deliver with the new BlackBerry 7 OS and hardware accelerated graphics? Follow me after the break and find out.
8:46 am on Oct 27, 2011 |
Well won’t you look at this, the BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9981 smartphone is real. I’ll be damned. Maybe it was just me wanting this device to be a fake, I’m not to sure but it’s there, in the flesh. RIM and Porsche Design have officially revealed a device that was built in partnership and features a lot of customization.
The Porsche Design P’9981 features BlackBerry 7 OS with custom Porsche fonts and redesigned icons, brushed stainless steel case with a leather backing, 1.2GHz processor, 5 megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording, and NFC just like the BlackBerry Bold 9900.
“Our partnership is built on the same understanding of the unity of form and content. Porsche Design P’9981 is a luxurious modern Smartphone, combining excellent Porsche Design work and outstanding BlackBerry technology”.
- Todd Wood, SVP of Industrial Design at RIM.
The device is scheduled to go on sale in Dubai by the end of the year, and it probably won’t make its way across the ocean so you’ll have to take a little flight to get one.
While I still can’t say I’m a fan of this device, but because it’s a BlackBerry I want one….
3:08 pm on Aug 24, 2011 |
Those who are on U.S. Cellular are about to get in on the BlackBerry 7 action as the Torch 9850 has landed. The BlackBerry Torch will be available on a 2yr term on August 26th for 199.99 after a 100$ mail-in rebate. Just in case you’ve forgotten the Torch 9850 packs the highest resolution touch screen of any BlackBerry, with a 1.2 ghz cpu and 5mp camera with 720p video recoding. check out the full press release after the break and let us know if you’re picking up the new Torch touch.
U.S. CELLULAR LAUNCHES BLACKBERRY TORCH 9850 SMARTPHONE
Delivers a fast, fluid BlackBerry 7 experience in a stylish new all-touch design
CHICAGO (August 24, 2011) –U.S. Cellular (NYSE: USM) is adding yet another powerful device to its cutting-edge portfolio. The all-touch BlackBerry® TorchTM 9850 smartphone arrives in stores Aug. 26 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate along with purchase of a data plan.
“At U.S. Cellular, we continue to offer our customers devices that can keep them entertained, organized and help simplify their day,” said Edward Perez, vice president of sales and marketing operations for U.S. Cellular. “Our smartphone line-up includes something for everyone and is one of the reasons we have the happiest customers in wireless.”
BlackBerry smartphone lovers who switch to U.S. Cellular get unique benefits, like new phones faster without continuously signing contracts, Battery Swap and a rewards program where they get points for paying monthly wireless bills on time, adding a line or referring new customers. Through Sept. 8, wireless shoppers who switch to U.S. Cellular and activate any new smartphone get a $100 switcher credit per line.
6:23 am on Aug 3, 2011 |
Ya we’ve seen the Torch 9860 leak, and the Torch 9810, and of course we can’t forget the Bold 9900 leaks, but we’ve all been waiting patiently for RIM to officially announce these new BlackBerry 7 phones and today is that day!
Today RIM has officially announce the all new fully redesigned BlackBerry Torch 9860 and 9850 featuring a beautiful 3.7″ touch screen, the largest screen ever found on a BlackBerry smartphone. The fully redesigned BlackBerry Bold 9900, RIM’s thinnest BLackBerry smartphone to date, and the all new BlackBerry Torch 9810 which features a 1.2ghz processor and NFC technology. Hit up the break for the full press release on the new phones and BlackBerry 7 OS. We are just getting started.
Research In Motion Introduces New BlackBerry 7 Smartphones
Largest Global Launch of BlackBerry Smartphones Ever With More Than 225 Partners Around the World
Waterloo, On – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced plans to launch 5 new BlackBerry® smartphones based on the BlackBerry® 7 Operating System (OS). RIM, in conjunction with carriers and distribution partners around the world, is rolling out two new BlackBerry® Bold™ models and three new BlackBerry® Torch™ models, all running the powerful new BlackBerry® 7 OS.
The launch of this family of handsets will be RIM’s largest global launch ever and more than 225 carriers and distribution partners have already commenced or completed over 500 certification programs for these 5 new handsets.
9:28 am on Jun 30, 2011 |
When the BlackBerry PlayBook launched back in April it didn’t launch with any support for Mac users, but RIM went on the record and said they will have support this summer. Fast forward to today and we now have official support with Desktop Manager for mac. The new version let’s users sync their PlayBook with their iTunes media collection, helping you stay organized and help you keep your music collection up to date. The updated DM for Mac also allows you to sync you photos taken on the PlayBook with the iPhoto application found on almost all Mac computers.
The update is now available via direct download at BlackBerry.com/software, and existing Desktop Manager users should see it as an update when the open up the software.
11:31 am on Jun 28, 2011 |
Just this past week RIM updated Twitter for BlackBerry and now they’ve offered up an update to FaceBook as well. The new update brings a few bug fixes and speed improvements but it also brings some things like “Like” notifications, BBM integration and more, just check out the list below.
- Enhanced Notifications – Get Notified of ‘Likes’ We’ve made several improvements to notifications; the first is that you’ll be now be notified of polled items (that is, notifications that aren’t delivered through BlackBerry® push technology), such as ‘Likes’ and Event Wall posts. The notification will even tell you who and what was ‘Liked’, so you’ll never miss a beat in your social life. By default, polled notifications will be set to a one-hour frequency but you can check as often as you like by selecting Refresh from the Menu.
- Cross-Channel Messaging – Share Facebook Content across BlackBerry Messaging Applications
- Enhanced Integration with BlackBerry Native Apps – Building on enhanced integration with native BlackBerry smartphone apps, which was introduced with the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones v2.0 beta refresh, Facebook v2.0 now includes additional messaging options from the ‘More’ button within a Profile and from the Friends list.
- In-App Error Reporting – If you haven’t already downloaded the BlackBerry Feedback Tool from BlackBerry App World, you can install it through the Menu in the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones app. The BlackBerry Feedback Tool can be used to send feedback on BlackBerry smartphone features, functions and applications at any time and is currently available in English only.
- Touch Toolbar – BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device will now have Compose, Reply and Delete icons located along the bottom of the device screen in the Facebook Inbox for quick and easy access to these popular features.
So if an updated version of FaceBook is something you’re looking for, make sure you checkout or sign-up for BlackBerry Beta Zone.
- BlackBerry Torch 2 Pre Release Review
- Today we announce the BlackBerry forums at TheBerryFix.com – Sign up today!
- BlackBerry Curve (apollo) caught on video for the first time
- BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 simulator leaked online
- The Twitter client you’ve been waiting for, Blaq, now available for BlackBerry PlayBook
- Another hands-on with the BlackBerry Curve 9360
- Calling all developers: BlackBerry Java SDK 7.0 now in Beta
- FaceBook for BlackBerry V2 (Beta3) now available in BlackBerry Beta Zone
- GelaSkins artwork now available for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- 42% of Canadian Smartphone users pick BlackBerry as their device of choice
- Jabra Freeway Bluetooth Speakerphone Review
- Developing for the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930? Here are some things you should know
- BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Monaco 9850 coming soon to Sprint
BlackBerry School Lessons…
If you weren’t able to get down to see the Bold 9900 in person at BlackBerry World 2011 then you now have a chance to at least try out the new BlackBerry 7 OS. The guys over at N4BB have provided the Bold 9900 simulator to the masses, and remember that the OS is still in the early beta stages and should be taken as so.
It looks like the Torch 2 leaks are not finished for the week as we now have the first hands on video of the new device. Honestly I’m really not feeling the colour choice they’ve gone with on the Torch 2 and I’m hopping that RIM offers it up with various colours right off the bat. If you’ve lost the specs on the Torch2 they are as follows,
Current BlackBerry Torch 2 Specs:
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 3.17-inch TFT LCD (640 x 480)
- 768MB of RAM
- 8GB internal memory
- MicroSD HC slot up to 32GB
- 5MP rear camera with 720P HD video recording
We’ve been hearing a late summer early fall launch on the Torch 2 but I’m really hoping for an early release for the back to school season.
11:15 pm on Apr 4, 2011 |
We have seen many of these video tutorials for the upcoming 2011 BlackBerrys devices leaked out over the past few days. Today we have the full set of tutorials for the BlackBerry Touch. The BlackBerry Touch is the next generation touchscreen BlackBerry which goes by the codename Monaco and Monza. The BlackBerry Touch is set to be the replacement for the Storm series. You can check out the rest of the tutorials after the break. There’s not a lot to see in these videos but they do help to prove the existence of these devices and that they are getting closer to official announcement and release.
6:50 pm on Mar 15, 2011 |
One thing that usually happens as we get closer to a launch of a new BlackBerry is replacement parts showing up online. Truesupplier now has two PlayBook replacement parts available the one showed above (replacement screen and bezel) and a PlayBook Bezel Cover Faceplate costing $82.99 and $28.99 respectively.
We’re in the final stretch of the PlayBook launch guys and gals and I can’t wait to get our review out and really dig into the first professional grade tablet.