Tag Archives: Torch 9850
1:02 pm on Apr 2, 2012 |
Not to be left behind the Blackberry Torch 9850 new software update to OS 22.214.171.1240 has leaked online and is no doubt being downloaded as we speak. No info yet on what the new OS brings so if you have a 9850 and have tried out the new software let us know what you think in the comments below.
**WARNING: This is not an official release for BlackBerry and therefore has not been fully tested and may contain bugs. TheBerryFix.com cannot be held responsible for any issues that may arise ether during or after installation. You are installing the leak by choice.
Source : N4BB
11:09 am on Aug 17, 2011 |
If you’ve picked up a new BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Torch 9810 this past week then you’ll want to update your desktop manager to version 126.96.36.199. The new update brings,
- BlackBerry® Torch™ 9810
- BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850
- BlackBerry® Torch™ 9860
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930
The download is available via the “check for updates” option in desktop manager or via the BlackBerry website.
8:09 pm on Aug 10, 2011 |
Looks like Sprint is planning to launch two of the new Blackberry 7 devices in one day, two of which are probably the most anticipated devices of the year. according to some internal training documents obtained by CrackBerry Sprint will be launching the all-new BlackBerry Torch 9850 on August 21st alongside the Bold 9930. Users on Sprint looking to get in on the latest devices will have the choice of two very soon.
9:46 pm on Aug 8, 2011 |
Listen to the live recording
Just over a week after our last episode of TheBerryFix.com LIVE™ we are back with our second episode. As normal the TheBerryFix.com LIVE™ is recorded in front of a live studio audience Bi-weekly on mondays at 5pm est. The next recording will be on August 22nd with special guest Alex Kinsella Senior Project manager on App World at RIM.
- Pre-Order your new BlackBerry 7 Smartphone from Best Buy Canada
- ‘Show what I’m listening to’ option is back in latest BBM update
- Hands on with the BlackBerry Torch 9810
- Unannounced BlackBerry Curve 9360/9370 to feature NFC
- App World 3.0 now available in BlackBerry Beta Zone
- Angry Birds for the PlayBook still on track for a summer release
- Rogers announces pricing for Bold 9900, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860
- RIMs Andrew Bocking walks us through BlackBerry 7 on the Torch 9860
- TheBerryFix.com at BlackBerry 7 Fan Night in Toronto
- Bell announces the Bold 9900, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860, Tweet to win one
- Telus set to launch the Bold 9900, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860 on August 15th
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 device features and specifications
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 device features and specifications
- BlackBerry.com website gets redesigned to showcase BlackBerry 7 devices
- AT&T announces their full BlackBerry 7 device Lineup
- RIM officially announces 5 new BlackBerry 7 smartphones
- We Need You! TheBerryFix.com is looking for writers in NYC and the San Francisco area
- RIM offers “More sessions than ever” at the 2011 BlackBerry Developers Conference
- Sling Golf for BlackBerry PlayBook update brings new characters and courses
- BlackBerry PlayBook certified in Australia for government use
- Review: Powermat for the BlackBerry Torch
Looks as though Verizon Wireless won’t be passing up on the newest lineup of BlackBerry smartphones as an internal screen show of their training system has ousted the links for BlackBerry 7 training, mainly the Bold 9930. There is nothing for the Torch 9850 so could Verizon be passing up on the next full touch BlackBerry? I guess we’ll have to wait and see as things get closer to launch. At least we now know they intend to still offer BlackBerry devices and not shift to Android or iPhone completely, we all know they love their Droid.
8:42 am on Aug 3, 2011 |
Looking to dig into those new BlackBerrys even before they come out? Well, RIM knew you would and updated BlackBerry.com to give you the chance to explore and learn about the new phones before they hit the market later this month. The new page will allow you to view photos of the new devices and see a video walk-through. I must admit I’m liking the new Torch 9850/9860, though the Bold Touch wil probably be my daily driver I’m sure.
Thanks @ErikDue for the tip!
8:24 am on Aug 3, 2011 |
The BlackBerry community is buzzing with excitement after RIM announced their BlackBerry 7 lineup this morning. Today RIM is also holding two events for the launch of BlackBerry 7, one in Toronto and another in London. Shortly after the one in London RIM posted the presentation slides online for everyone to see.
The slides outline the new devices and how the compete with the previous models. They also discuss the performance increase that is gained from attaching these devices to an HSPA+ network. hit up the link to check out the full slides.
6:23 am on Aug 3, 2011 |
Ya we’ve seen the Torch 9860 leak, and the Torch 9810, and of course we can’t forget the Bold 9900 leaks, but we’ve all been waiting patiently for RIM to officially announce these new BlackBerry 7 phones and today is that day!
Today RIM has officially announce the all new fully redesigned BlackBerry Torch 9860 and 9850 featuring a beautiful 3.7″ touch screen, the largest screen ever found on a BlackBerry smartphone. The fully redesigned BlackBerry Bold 9900, RIM’s thinnest BLackBerry smartphone to date, and the all new BlackBerry Torch 9810 which features a 1.2ghz processor and NFC technology. Hit up the break for the full press release on the new phones and BlackBerry 7 OS. We are just getting started.
Research In Motion Introduces New BlackBerry 7 Smartphones
Largest Global Launch of BlackBerry Smartphones Ever With More Than 225 Partners Around the World
Waterloo, On – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced plans to launch 5 new BlackBerry® smartphones based on the BlackBerry® 7 Operating System (OS). RIM, in conjunction with carriers and distribution partners around the world, is rolling out two new BlackBerry® Bold™ models and three new BlackBerry® Torch™ models, all running the powerful new BlackBerry® 7 OS.
The launch of this family of handsets will be RIM’s largest global launch ever and more than 225 carriers and distribution partners have already commenced or completed over 500 certification programs for these 5 new handsets.
Happy Saturday everyone! It has been an amazing week for news for all the BlackBerry fans out there. RIM made some huge releases with Facebook v2.0 for both the PlayBook and Smartphones, BBM Social, and BBM 6. We have seen glimpses of BlackBerry 7 and the new devices emerging from official sources and we hope to have some official announcements this week. With BlackBerry 7 Fan Night coming up on the 3rd in Toronto, we are sure to get some sort of news this coming week. We can’t say if it’ll be BlackBerry 7 OS or device related, but we’re kinda hoping for both.
- TheBerryFix.com LIVE: Episode 23 #BB7FanNight & BBM Social [Previously Recorded]
- Make VOIP calls right from your BlackBerry PlayBook with Comwave ePhone
- BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 pass through the FCC
- Connect with BBM Social enabled Apps for BlackBerry
- BBM 6 Launches in BlackBerry App World today
- RIM walks us through FaceBook 2.0 on the unreleased Bold 9900
- BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 officially heading to Rogers
- BlackBerry Desktop manager for Mac updated to v188.8.131.52
- FaceBook v2.0 makes it’s way onto the BlackBerry PlayBook
- RIM unleashes FaceBook v2.0 to the masses – Now you can “like” and “poke” all you want
- Sprint’s BlackBerry collection goes EOL to make room for new devices
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 and Torch 9850/9860 show up early on BlackBerry.com
- Verizon publishes the tutorial video for the Bold 9930 to their website
- RIM cuts nearly 2,000 jobs, begins restructuring, and loses COO
We weren’t quite sure on what scale RIM meant when they said that BlackBerry 7 devices would be the biggest, widest device launch of the company’s history, but it’s looking to be full-scale multi carrier launch. In previous launches the full touch BlackBerrys went to Verizon but it looks as though RIM is doing a wide scale launch on the new BlackBerry full touch Torch 9850. Images of a Sprint branded Torch have started to surface giving us the idea that Americas third largest carrier would also be receiving the device.
Hopefully we’re only weeks away from a full-scale BlackBerry 7 launch. Which device are you most excited for? Sound off in the comments below.
4:31 pm on Jul 25, 2011 |
The image above is reportedly from internal Sprint documentation detailing the release of three new BlackBerry devices on their network. The first device in the lineup is of course, the Bold 9330. This is listed as the BlackBerry Bold 3 and is slated to launch on August 21. The Torch 9850 is next on the list and is also listed for launch on August 21. The third BlackBerry device listed for release on Sprint is the Curve 4. This device is the Curve 9350 and is currently slated for a September 9th release. There is also mention of the Curve coming in purple, something that is not entirely unexpected given carrier history of releasing Curve models in multiple colors.
These dates are lining up well with most other rumors and it’s looking like we should see the Bold 9900 series and Torch 9850 launch in the US in August. A Canadian launch may come at the same time or could come in September. We’ll keep you up to date as soon as something official on these release dates comes out from either RIM or the carriers. The full image from the inventory system can be viewed past the break.
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 & 9860 show up in a photo shoot, 9850 sporting Verizon branding
- Research In Motion welcomes JayCut to the RIM family
- RIM makes official statement regarding Android App Player leak
- Tutorial videos for the BlackBerry 9790 “bellagio” leaked onto the web
- BlackBerry PlayBook becomes first FIPS certified tablet device
- Android App Player for BlackBerry PlayBook accidentally leaked by RIM
- Doodle Blast for the BlackBerry PlayBook surpasses 50,000 downloads
- BlackBerry Bold 9930 caught on camera with a Verizon splash screen
- Instaphoto now available for BlackBerry SmartPhones
- Three new levels coming to Sling Golf for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 vs. iPhone 4: Browser Fight!
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 184.108.40.20670 now available
- Ryan Bidan, Senior PlayBook project manager, leaves RIM for Samsung
- Foursquare for BlackBerry 3.0 now officially available
- BlackBerry Ticketmaster v2.0 available in Beta Zone
- Interview with iSpeech and how they used the PlayBook SDK to develop their Translator application
1:10 am on Jul 23, 2011 |
Every time I see the Torch 9850 is reminds me of the Torch 9800 leaks, the more you saw the more you liked. The Torch 9850 and 9860 seem to be on track for a launch within the coming weeks sporting a 1.2ghz CPU, 720p video recording, 8 gigs of memory and the coolest tech to hit cellphones…NFC. Check out a few more photos and videos of the all new full touch BlackBerry Torch.
- RIM ships 500,000 PlayBook units for Q1 2012
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launching in the UK in August
- RIM Releases BBM Avatar Builder into App World
- BlackBerry PlayBook Released Early in UK
- Pimp out your JAWBONE JAMBOX with a Jamchain
- Bold 9900 coming to Virgin Mobile Canada “Super Soon”
- BlackBerry PlayBook updated to version 220.127.116.112
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 coming to Sprint August 21st along with the Bold 9930
- BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5 for Avaya Phone Systems Now Available
- CMO Says Verizon is launching three new BlackBerry devices this year
- T-Mobile to classify the BlackBerry Bold 9900 as a 4G device…..Consumer confusion begins here