Tag Archives: TBF
- Win a Trip to BlackBerry World 2012 Courtesy of TheBerryFix and Research in Motion
- We’re Giving Away 25 Half-Price Codes for BlackBerry World 2012 Conference Passes!
- Developers attending the BlackBerry 10 Jam in Orlando will receive “BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha” Prototype Device
- RIM brings out the Mini Keyboard to play (in a Demo Video)
- RIM confirms that hired iOS Developers are for BlackBerry Mobile Fusion
- BlackBerry Torch 9860 and Curve 9380 are set to go End-of-Life on TELUS
- RIM outlines their Official Policies on Jailbreaking (Hint: It voids your Warranty)
- RIM set to announce Fiscal Q4 2012 Earnings on March 29th
Apps & Games…
- Zinio Magazine Reader now Available for BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Wallet is now available for Devices running OS 7
- RIM updates BlackBerry Messenger to v188.8.131.52 in the Beta Zone
- Run In Crowd is my new favorite obsession on the BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry App World Updated with NFC Sharing in the Beta Zone
- BeWeather HD now Available for the BlackBerry PlayBook
After the wild week of PlayBook OS 2.0 and application updates that we had last week, this one was bound to be a little slower. Even though it was a slower week, we still got some good information, like the developments roadmaps to BlackBerry 10, which RIM outlined at Mobile World Congress. Read on for the top stories from this past week.
- RIM details the BlackBerry Platform Roadmap leading to BlackBerry 10
- Check out the future of Wireless Document Sharing – Designed by TAT for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- Sign this Petition to bring Netflix Support to BlackBerry
- Check out the BlackBerry-Powered Porsche 911 at MWC 2012
- RIM details the response to the Free PlayBook offer for app developers
- RIM continues the “Be Bold” Campaign with a new commercial
- Park Manor School is testing BlackBerry PlayBooks in the Classroom
- Hands-on Photo Shoot with the unreleased BlackBerry Curve 9320
- BlackBerry PlayBook tops the sales charts at Future Shop and Best Buy Canada
- Press Release: RIM details App World Carrier Billing’s rapid momentum gains
- Sling Golf for BlackBerry PlayBook is on sale, get it for only $1.99
- Zinio Magazine Reader is hitting the PlayBook in Mid-March
- BlackBerry App World version 184.108.40.206 Now Available
Hey everyone! It’s been a huge week for both The BerryFix and the BlackBerry World. First, we had PlayBook OS 2.0 drop on Tuesday, starting the week off with a bang. We have had tons of features on the new OS already and there are more on the way. Then we had updated galore, for both the PlayBook and BlackBerry Smartphones. TheBerryFix.com also broke our existing daily and weekly site traffic records this week. And all of this happened as my first full week as Editor-in-Chief! It’s looking like a great time to be a reader of TheBerryFix and a BlackBerry user, as well. Listed below are all the top stories from this week, in case you missed any or want to re-read some of the big news.
PlayBook OS 2.0 News
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 is Now Available!!!
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Video Walkthrough
- Interview with Michael Clewley, Senior Product Manager at RIM, about PlayBook OS 2.0
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 brings Easy-Reader function to the Browser
- Taking at look at the new BlackBerry Video Store on PlayBook OS 2.0
- PlayBook OS 2.0 brings a new look to App World
- RIM debuts BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 with some new commercials
Apps (New & Updated)
- Blaq Twitter Client for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v1.7 with new features
- Google+ for BlackBerry released by Smarter Apps
- MyWorld from Wikitude lets you create your own Augmented Reality World
- Foodspotting for BlackBerry is available now in App World
- BlackBerry Messenger updated to v220.127.116.11 in App World
- WordPress for BlackBerry PlayBook is now available in App World
- Canabalt for BlackBerry PlayBook is a fun side-scroller, and it’s free
- Profile Scheduler now available for BlackBerry Devices running OS 7.1
BlackBerry School Lessons
- Theme Studio for BlackBerry 7 devices coming mid-2012
- Twitter for BlackBerry updated to version 18.104.22.168 in Beta Zone
- BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB now only $299 at Bell and SaskTel
- BlackBerry Curve Touch 9380 coming to Telus this Holiday Season?
- T-Mobile announces the BlackBerry Torch 9810
- BBM Music now available to the masses
- BlackBerry Curve 9370 set to launch on Verizon this month?
- TheBerryFix.com Review of the Torch 9810 w/ BlackBerry 7
- More photos of the Bold 9790 emerge, RIM, Just announce it already!
- Shape Services IM+ makes its way onto the BlackBerry PlayBook
- AT&T Officially announces the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Torch 9860
- RIM’s Patrick Spence talks BlackBerry Server redesign and RIM’s BBX future
- International Medical Corps to recognize RIM on how BlackBerry smartphones have assisted with disaster recovery efforts
- Research in Motion acquires NewBay, a Digital Content company, for $100 Million
- Help Telus fight Breast Cancer with the Pink BlackBerry Curve 9360 and Accessories
- Rumor: RIM to rebrand QNX OS as BBX for new BlackBerry SmartPhones?
- T-Mobile road map leak shows the BlackBerry Torch 9810 coming Novemeber
- OS 22.214.171.1240 leaked for the BlackBerry Torch 9860 and Bold 9900
- GameLoft releases “Let’s Golf 2 HD” for BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry PlayBook Update: Security Fix for Flash
- Free PlayBook for BlackBerry DevCon attendees
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 Review
- R.I.P Steve Jobs: 1955-2011
Happy Saturday everyone! It has been an amazing week for news for all the BlackBerry fans out there. RIM made some huge releases with Facebook v2.0 for both the PlayBook and Smartphones, BBM Social, and BBM 6. We have seen glimpses of BlackBerry 7 and the new devices emerging from official sources and we hope to have some official announcements this week. With BlackBerry 7 Fan Night coming up on the 3rd in Toronto, we are sure to get some sort of news this coming week. We can’t say if it’ll be BlackBerry 7 OS or device related, but we’re kinda hoping for both.
- TheBerryFix.com LIVE: Episode 23 #BB7FanNight & BBM Social [Previously Recorded]
- Make VOIP calls right from your BlackBerry PlayBook with Comwave ePhone
- BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 pass through the FCC
- Connect with BBM Social enabled Apps for BlackBerry
- BBM 6 Launches in BlackBerry App World today
- RIM walks us through FaceBook 2.0 on the unreleased Bold 9900
- BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 officially heading to Rogers
- BlackBerry Desktop manager for Mac updated to v126.96.36.199
- FaceBook v2.0 makes it’s way onto the BlackBerry PlayBook
- RIM unleashes FaceBook v2.0 to the masses – Now you can “like” and “poke” all you want
- Sprint’s BlackBerry collection goes EOL to make room for new devices
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 and Torch 9850/9860 show up early on BlackBerry.com
- Verizon publishes the tutorial video for the Bold 9930 to their website
- RIM cuts nearly 2,000 jobs, begins restructuring, and loses COO
- RIM ships 500,000 PlayBook units for Q1 2012
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launching in the UK in August
- RIM Releases BBM Avatar Builder into App World
- BlackBerry PlayBook Released Early in UK
- Pimp out your JAWBONE JAMBOX with a Jamchain
- Bold 9900 coming to Virgin Mobile Canada “Super Soon”
- BlackBerry PlayBook updated to version 188.8.131.522
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 coming to Sprint August 21st along with the Bold 9930
- BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5 for Avaya Phone Systems Now Available
- CMO Says Verizon is launching three new BlackBerry devices this year
- T-Mobile to classify the BlackBerry Bold 9900 as a 4G device…..Consumer confusion begins here
Well, after a long break I’m back. I traveled for over two weeks, and really got to learn a lot about different cultures. I got the opportunity to walk into different phone companies around the coast, and explore new devices not yet released in Canada or the US. I spoke to a few different people on what device they prefer, sell, and use, but was not surprised with the result. Seemed to be a pretty even split between iPhone users and Blackberry users.
Out of the BB users I spoke to, they all focused on a particular favourite over the iPhone – personalization. Like me, and most users reading this, they enjoy adding themes and applications, and having fun with their device. It’s what really stood out to me the most. I’ve been using the same theme for a while now, and really loved it. Now it’s time for a change. This week I’m going to bring you some themes I think everyone will enjoy. Some are for the fun/childish side of life, but some are for the ones with business phones, who want to keep it professional.
Check them out under the cut!
It has been a slow week in the world of BlackBerry, but we all know what that can mean. The calm always comes before the storm and the storm that’s brewing here could be filled with BlackBerry goodness. This week we have seen App Updates, some new carriers for App World carrier billing, and even a couple pictures of the Torch 2. Hit the links below to get caught up with the news from the past week and get ready for another great week in BlackBerry here at TheBerryFix.com.
- Research In Motion being investigated by Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC for Potential Federal Securities Law Violations
- RIM officially responds to lawsuit and its claims
- App World carrier billing now available for T-Mobile, A1 Telekom, and Vodafone UK
- Curve 9350/9570 video tutorials extracted from latest BlackBerry 7 leak
- Dillo Hills, an addictive game for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- More BlackBerry Torch 2 Pictures Leaked
- Gist now works on multiple BlackBerry models
- Angry Farm updated with 50 new levels
- Kingmax debuts world’s first 64GB microSD card, Could be coming to your BlackBerry sometime soon
BlackBerry School Lessons…
- BlackBerry School: Using the on, off, and standby functions of your BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry School: Creating a website launcher for your PlayBook home screen
This has been another great week in the world of BlackBerry. The PlayBook has been fully revealed and some sites have begun to put their BlackBerry PlayBook up on the net. you can look for a full review from us very soon! Other than the PlayBook, we had some more great coverage of the next generation of BlackBerry smartphone. From the Bold Touch to the Torch 2, these new BlackBerry devices look to be the best BlackBerrys ever. You can check out some of this week’s top stores below.
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager Updated
- Promo videos for the Bold Touch 9900 and Touch 9860 leak out
- BlackBerry Touch 9860 and Torch 2 get some video time
- RIM’s Mike Lazaridis walks out of BBC interview
- RIM reveals BES policies for PlayBook
- Twitter for BlackBerry v1.1 launches
- BlackBerry Traffic updated to v2.0
- RIM to fulfill PlayBook warranty and provide support in-house
There’s very few things that I look for in an application. I just want something that works…. and maybe keeps track of my usage, and help pass the time… but who can really be picky. Today i’m bringing you a bunch of cool applications that will save you time and money. Manage your bills better, and have a game to keep you distracted in the process.
Check them out after the break!
This has been quite the week for BlackBerry fans everywhere! We got photos, specs, and even a video of the next generation of BlackBerry smartphones. The Bold Touch, Torch 2, Monaco touch, and Curve Touch were all previewed and look amazing. These are definitely the BlackBerry devices that we have all been waiting for. You can check out the top BlackBerry news of the week just below.
- Hands-On video of the Bold Touch 9930
- BlackBerry Torch 2 “Jennings” spec sheet
- BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 & Monza Touch 9860 spec sheets
- BlackBerry Curve Touch “Orlando” gets photographed
- First look at App World on the PlayBook
- BlackBerry Torch 2 first live photographs
- BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 live photographs
- Facebook 2.0 updated in the Beta Zone
March is slowly coming to an abrupt end, and for me it’s gone by faster than ever. I’ve had an awesome month and i’m kind of sad to see it go. But with the end of March comes spring, and i cannot honestly wait. I’ve picked some applications that will make using your BB a little bit easier and a little bit more fun. I hope that with these application you’ll find a new value to your phone and have a little bit more fun!
Check’em out after the cut!!
The BlackBerry PlayBook…It’s long been rumored and we may actually be able to get our hands on it very soon. This week was all about BlackBerry PlayBook launch dates. April 10, April, 17, March 31, we’ve heard them all. In addition to the PlayBook news we saw a few OS releases and app updates. We also got a first look at the Mobile Hotspot feature coming in BlackBerry OS 6.1. Check out the links below for some of this week’s top news stories.
- Storm 3 Outed Via UAProf document?
- RIM Shows off 7Digital and BlackBerry Podcasts for the PlayBook
- Targus announces BlackBerry PlayBook Case Line-up
- Staples PlayBook Employee Training Starting March 30
- Free Developer PlayBook Offer Extended To March 31
- BlackBerry PlayBook Gets FCC Certified
- Mobile Hotspot for BlackBerry OS 6.1 Gets Detailed
- More Confirmation for an April PlayBook Launch At Staples
- BlackBerry PlayBook Ships April 10 from Sears Canada?