Tag Archives: Facebook
3:53 pm on Apr 24, 2013 |
BlackBerry has just announced an update to Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones. The new version is 4.0, and it is available for Smartphones running OS 5.0 and above. The big changes in this update include:
- Better navigation – Facebook 4.0 provides a new navigation list that allows you to quickly access messages, chat, friend requests and notifications.
- Enhanced photo experience – You now have more options with the Facebook 4.0 update giving you a richer photo experience. Enjoy full screen photo browsing, add or view tags, and instantly Comment and Like.
- Quicker access to updates – Facebook 4.0 gives you faster content updates with a “pull down to refresh” option so you can check for the latest “News Feed” posts, “Wall” posts, “Messages”, “Events” and “Nearby” pages.
This is a big update and should be available now in BlackBerry World. It’s free, as always, so hit the link below to grab the update.
BlackBerry has released major updates to both Twitter and Facebook for BlackBerry 10. these updates bring some great new features to both applications, while adding bug fixes and enhancing app performance. The changes include the following:
- Friends Nearby – Facebook 10.0.1 allows you to discover if your Facebook friends are nearby. You’ll be able to see when they’ve checked in on Facebook to a location that’s close to where you are.
- Photo Updates – There are new ways of interacting with your Facebook photos. With Facebook 10.0.1, you can now easily add photo tags to a photo you’re uploading within the Facebook application. Plus if you like that photo or funny picture your friend just shared on Facebook, you now have the ability save Facebook photos locally on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Events – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it even easier to plan and keep track of your events. You can now view and respond to events, invite your friends to attend, create and view posts on the event wall, post photos, and even tag guests.
- Sharing – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it easier than ever to share what matters to you with all of your contacts. Using the BlackBerry 10 share framework, you can now easily share links from your Facebook newsfeed to BBM™, email, SMS, Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and others.
- Your Connect Tab – Twitter 10.0.2 allows you to view all interactions in one place, including new follows, favorites and mentions.
- Enjoy More Content – Take a look at photos, article summaries and other updates within your Tweets.
- Added Perspective – The latest Twitter version allows you to see the number of times a Tweet has been favorited.
10:28 am on Jan 19, 2013 |
With only 11 days until the official unveiling of BlackBerry 10, there’s not much time to leak the surprises that RIM has planned for BlackBerry 10. The latest surprise to leak is a pretty big one, especially with Siri being such a big and helpful feature on iOS. RIM has prepared a completely new voice control feature for BlackBerry 10. To activate voice control, you just hold the play/pause button on the side, which is located between the volume up/down buttons. She will come up asking what she can do for you and then you can perform all sorts of actions just by speaking.
Voice control allows you to do things like send a text, call a phone number, or play a song, all by just pressing a button and speaking. This feature is much like Siri on iOS, with a similar voice and the familiar conversation bubbles that she uses. I’ll let you decide if copying Apple directly is a good or bad plan for RIM and BlackBerry 10. I’ll leave you with this, it certainly is an awesome feature and you should check out the video above to see for yourself. The video also features a walkthrough of some of the native apps like Twitter and Facebook, so that makes it worth a look, too.
Source : Telekom Presse
2:20 pm on Dec 17, 2012 |
While the official launch of BlackBerry 10 isn’t till January 30th, that hasn’t stopped the plethora of leaks onto the internet of RIM’s latest operating system. The new images show what seems to be the BlackBerry 10 Voice control application. Along with the official Twitter, Facebook, and foursquare applications. Over all there still is a lot that we don’t know about the new OS, but we’re learning more and more everyday. Keep it locked to TheBerryFix.com as we get closer to the launch of the all new, totally reinvented, BlackBerry 10.
Continue reading for more photos of the all new BlackBerry 10 platform.
Source : CrackBerry.com
RIM has just released Facebook for BlackBerry version 3.3 into BlackBerry World. This update adds some great new features to the platform, including:
- BBM™ Integration – Facebook 3.3 allows you to discover and add BBM friends and initiate BBM chats right from within the Facebook for BlackBerry app. You can now easily share your BlackBerry PIN with Facebook friends and discover which of your Facebook friends also have BBM. By simply clicking on the new BBM Icon within the Facebook app, you can invite a friend to become a BBM contact and then launch a BBM chat right from within the app.
- Un-Friending – In response to requests, with Facebook 3.3, you can now easily un-friend someone directly from within Facebook for BlackBerry. You no longer have to use your desktop.
- Photo Redesign – There are new ways of interacting with your Facebook photos. Facebook 3.3 gives you faster viewing of your photos and at a higher resolution. You’ll also be able to view thumbnails of all of your photos for easier browsing.
- Refreshed Look and Feel – Facebook 3.3 has an exciting new look and feel with refreshed icons for navigation and status publisher to provide easy access to all the Facebook features that keep you connected and help build your social network.
This update is available for customers with BlackBerry OS 5.0 or higher and can be downloaded free from the link below.
3:18 pm on Nov 8, 2012 |
RIM has just announced that the BlackBerry 10 Browser has achieved a new milestone on its way to release. The BlackBerry 10 Browser has passed Ring 1 on the Facebook Ringmark test for HTML5. This test assures that the browser on BlackBerry 10 will be able to perform all web app functions superbly, including 2D gaming, music playing, video playing and photography. You can learn more about the Facebook Ringmark HTML5 test Here. RIM has a write-up on the BlackBerry Developers Blog where yon can get more information on the achievement. The link to RIM’s blog is found below.
2:09 pm on Sep 25, 2012 |
Today at the keynote of BlackBerry Jam Americas, RIM announced something that BlackBerry users had been hoping for, native app inclusions at launch. It was announced that all four major social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Linked in, and Foursquare, would be available for BlackBerry 10 at launch. There will be a nativeBlackBerry 10 app available for each network, as well as OS integration for all 4 networks.
During the keynote, some of these apps were previewed on BlackBerry 10 and they look awesome. When BlackBerry 10 launches, gone will be the days of terribly designed BlackBerry apps. Each application looks identical to their iOS counterparts; however, there is one big difference. They are running on a BlackBerry 10 device and are also integrated directly into the OS. We’ll keep you up to date with all our coverage from BlackBerry Jam Americas, so stay tuned.
RIM has pushed out another new update to the Facebook for BlackBerry application today. The update brings RIM’s version of the Facebook app a step closer to the experience that can be had on iOS devices and it adds a few new features to the app, including:
- Enhanced Birthday Feature: Customize how your BlackBerry smartphone will integrate birthdays into your calendar. Receive a friendly daily reminder, with the ability to directly write on a friend’s wall to wish them Happy Birthday.
- Improved Event Management: View Facebook event information and RSVP to events, as well as post comments to an event wall, view profiles of invited guests and receive event notifications.
- Updated Navigation Grid: Quickly and easily access key features such as your News Feed and Profile with updated icons. The Profile icon is now your current profile picture for a personalized touch.
The Facebook for BlackBerry app also gets some speed improvements and performance enhancements with this release. While it’s far from perfect, this update adds some nice features and further sets the stage for the completely redesigned version that will be debuting when BlackBerry 10 devices hit store shelves sometime next year. You can grab the update for free in App World or by clicking the link below.
Last week, Twitter for BlackBerry was updated in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Today, the Facebook for BlackBerry Beta is getting the same update treatment in the Beta Zone. Facebook for BlackBerry version 220.127.116.11 is now available for users to test out in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update brings lots of helpful changes and fixes, so you’ll defenitely want to grab it if you’re a Beta user. Here’s what’s changed:
- Updated help URLs for Facebook 3.2
- Auto-linking to Facebook friends in address book did not occur
- Menu items missing for 5.0 devices
- Scrolling Issues on the BlackBerry Curve 9360
- Sharing a friend’s photo creates a comment on wall instead of posting photo
- Long user name is cutoff in profile header on profile screen
- Null shows in location field of an event in calendar
- Some friends are not displayed in friends list with large user account
- Can’t Scroll in the Menu “Notifications” with Touch Screen
- Unable to comment on my own photo (won’t send) (Error 2121)
- Facebook message always stays in sending status
- Title on Group Wall publisher changes: initially using full name, then switching to first name
- A blank event screen displays after event is canceled while you trying to refresh screen
- Initial scroll up will not take user to the top of the Event Wall – Event Photo, Title and Type are not visible
- When the user opens the photo comment notification and commends after friend, only “comment” is displayed in the outgoing notifications list
Grab the update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone using the link below.
2:26 pm on Jun 20, 2012 |
RIM has updated their native Facebook application for BlackBerry Smartphones today. This update brings the official version of Facebook for BlackBerry to v3.1. This update brings some of the features that were found in the Beta Zone update to all users, including:
- A new tab for exploring your Facebook Groups
- The ability to Like individual comments
If you already have Facebook for BlackBerry installed, and update should be available in App World, if not, hit the link below to download it now.
RIM has updated another core application, Facebook for BlackBerry, today. This update brings the official version of Facebook to 18.104.22.168 and it brings along the following improvements:
- Fixed an error preventing some users without WiFi from logging into the app
- Fixed a freezing issue that some users encountered when becoming BBM connected
So, as you can tell from the change log, it’s not a huge update but it does fix some issues that could be causing big problems. You can grab the update at the link below or directly from App World.
10:26 am on Apr 11, 2012 |
Hot on the heels of the BBM Connectivity announcement from RIM, they have released an update for Facebook for BlackBerry. The update is rolling out across the App World servers right now and should be available for all users shortly. This update brings the BBM Connectivity that RIM announced earlier along with lots of bug fixes and improvements. You can grab it at the link below.
RIM has just announced this morning that they plan to add BBM Connectivity to a bunch of their native applications. This will help bring BBM to almost all of the apps that most users access on a regular basis. The apps that are slated for the BBM treatment include:
- Facebook and Twitter: Automatically share your Facebook status or latest Tweet with your BBM friends right from within the app.
- BlackBerry Travel: Share your travel plans and flight changes directly with select BBM contacts or with your entire BBM community.
- BlackBerry App World: Easily update your BBM profile to let friends know about the great new app you’ve just downloaded on BlackBerry App World.
- BBM Music: Recommend friends right from within the BBM Music app itself, making it easier for you to connect and expand your music collection.
These applications will be rolling out over the next 10 days and you can learn all about the new features on the Inside BlackBerry Blog. Let us know what you think about all the hype over BBM Connected applications? Is it really a must-have feature or would you rather see RIM focus their time and energy somewhere else? A full Press Release on these app updates is featured past the break.
1:11 pm on Apr 2, 2012 |
RIM has just dropped another Beta app into the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This time it’s an update for Facebook for BlackBerry and it brings the Beta version to 3.0.014. This latest update brings the following fixes:
- When Facebook is installed on a device running a language that is not officially supported by Facebook for BlackBerry, but is supported by BB, the app is supposed to default to English.
- Facebook application uses HTTP links in browser
- The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request. (1500)
- WiLAN event is not being processed correctly when radio is low or changed
- Unable to close Facebook using back key on 6.0
If you’re a member of the BlackBerry Beta Zone you can login and grab the download from the link below. If you’re not a member, what are you waiting for? It’s free, and you get to try all the latest RIM BlackBerry apps before they hit App World!
4:25 pm on Mar 9, 2012 |
RIM has just let us know about a huge milestone that the company has reached. They now have over 25 Million fans on social media. This stat comes from a combination of social networks from around the globe like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Here’s a breakdown of where these followers are coming from and how RIM ranks in the social media category.
#TeamBlackBerry Social Media Fans by Geographic Property
- Europe Middle East and Africa: 2.2 million+
- Latin America: 4.4 million+
- Asia Pacific: 4.2 million+
- Corporate / North America: 16.3 million+
- Total: 27.1 million fans and followers globally
BlackBerry Social Media Rankings
- #2 in The Vitrue 100 — Top Social Brands
- #5 in World’s 50 Most Valuable Brands in Social Media (Sociagility+ Interbrand)
- #9 in Ad Age’s Top 200 Social Media Brand Rankings
- #10 in Ad Age’s The Brands with the Top Relationships on Facebook
- #15 in Mashable’s Top Brands on Twitter