Tag Archives: Curve
9:45 pm on Nov 15, 2011 |
The new full-touchscreen BlackBerry Curve 9380 was just announced by RIM this morning and carriers are already jumping at the chance to stock this new Berry. Some internal documentation from Bell is showing the device releasing to their customers on November 28th. There’s no pricing or other specifics available at the moment, but we should see Bell releasing this info sometime in the next week or so. We’ll be covering all the carrier announcements of the new BlackBerry devices as they happen right here at TheBerryFix.com.
With RIM announcing their new line of BlackBerry 7 devices today, they’ve also listed all the details of the new phones. While the Curve may seem like an entry-level device, they’ve definitely put a lot of thought into adding the features that users are asking for. Follow after the break to get the details of the new BlackBerry Curve 9380.
11:02 am on Nov 15, 2011 |
Jakarta, Indonesia and Waterloo, ON - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced two new smartphones based on the BlackBerry® 7 operating system (OS) – the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9790 and BlackBerry® Curve™ 9380.
The new smartphones offer impressively slim and stylish designs with enhanced communications, multimedia, productivity and social connectivity features. The BlackBerry Bold 9790 is both powerful and compact, offering users a fully loaded, high performance smartphone with the dual benefits of a high resolution touch display and a highly tactile keyboard. The BlackBerry Curve 9380 is the first-ever BlackBerry® Curve™ smartphone with a touch display. It continues to deliver the powerful social experiences, ease-of-use and smaller handset size that distinguish the BlackBerry Curve family, while also offering Curve users the choice of a larger display and an all-touch design.
3:57 pm on Nov 7, 2011 |
A page from the Rogers Holiday Catalog has leaked to the web and it brings some exciting news for BlackBerry fans. Rogers is gearing up to launch two of our favorite BlackBerrys in White, as well as launching another soon-to-be favorite. The Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 are both available on multiple carriers and now we will be seeing them available in White on the Rogers network. The Bold 9790 has yet to be announced but we know it’s coming. Verizon has this new device set for a November 17th launch, so we could be hearing something official from RIM any day now. There’s no pricing or launch date info for these three devices, but at least we know they are coming in time for the holidays!
1:10 pm on Nov 7, 2011 |
A Verizon launch dates roadmap has just shown up online and it pegs the Curve 9370 with a release date of November 17th. This date lines up well with the November rebate form for Verizon that was leaked last week. This date is not 100% official since Verizon hasn’t issued a formal Press Release yet, but we can expect to see the 9370 hit their shelves sometime this month.
- Theme Studio for BlackBerry 7 devices coming mid-2012
- Twitter for BlackBerry updated to version 126.96.36.199 in Beta Zone
- BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB now only $299 at Bell and SaskTel
- BlackBerry Curve Touch 9380 coming to Telus this Holiday Season?
- T-Mobile announces the BlackBerry Torch 9810
- BBM Music now available to the masses
- BlackBerry Curve 9370 set to launch on Verizon this month?
- TheBerryFix.com Review of the Torch 9810 w/ BlackBerry 7
- More photos of the Bold 9790 emerge, RIM, Just announce it already!
- Shape Services IM+ makes its way onto the BlackBerry PlayBook
- AT&T Officially announces the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Torch 9860
- RIM’s Patrick Spence talks BlackBerry Server redesign and RIM’s BBX future
- International Medical Corps to recognize RIM on how BlackBerry smartphones have assisted with disaster recovery efforts
4:45 pm on Nov 2, 2011 |
We have see mention of the Curve Touch 9380 multiple times, seen multiple photos of it, and even seen RIM leak the device number in App World. Even through all this, RIM has failed to officially acknowledge that the device is coming. That may be changing soon with a first glance at Telus’s upcoming Holiday Promotions catalog. A page in this catalog is proudly displaying the Curve 9380 as the newest BlackBerry and goes on to list a few highlights of the device. Some of those highlights include:
- A 3.2″ High-resolution Touchscreen
- Fast Browsing and Stunning Multi-media
- BBM-Connected Social Games and Apps
- Great for Youth and First-time Smartphone Users
There’s no mention of exactly when RIM may officially launch this device, but to get the Curve 9380 and Bold 9790 out to carriers in time for the holidays, RIM should be announcing them in the next week or two. We’ll let you know as soon as we get an either an official press release or an invitation to media launch party for these devices.
Source: Mobile Syrup
12:13 am on Nov 2, 2011 |
The BlackBerry Curve 9370 was announced a while back alongside the 9350 and 9360. While we have seen both of those devices already hitting carrier shelves, we haven’t seen a single carrier offer the 9370. That is, until this latest piece of news hit the internet. A Verizon rebate form, dated for the month of November, is showing the BlackBerry Curve 9370 listed with a nice little $50 rebate. We have known that 9370 would be hitting Verizon and feature NFC, an 800 MHz processor, and 1 GB of RAM, but we didn’t know exactly when we could expect to see the device hitting shelves. Check back here for more info on the Verizon 9370 launch in the next week or so.
1:01 pm on Nov 1, 2011 |
Rogers has been stocking the Curve 9360 in Black for a little while now and it looks as if they will now be getting the 9360 in white. Dummy units have started showing up at various Rogers locations across Canada and we’re hearing that it will be officially hitting shelves on November 15th. The pricing structure is said to be the same as the 9360 in black; $49.99 with a 3-year contract agreement and $349.99 outright.
- RIM adds Bejeweled to the “Thank You Gift” category in App World
- BlackBerry PlayBook is Buy 2, Get 1 Free for business customers
- BBM 6.0.1 now available for download
- BlackBerry Enterprising Minds concept video shows us where RIM wants to take BlackBerry
- Porsche Design P’9981 BlackBerry product video now available for your viewing pleasure
- RIM showcases the BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9981 smartphone
- RIM served with Class-action lawsuit over BlackBerry Service Outage
- Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 get certified by MasterCard Worldwide as PayPass-approved devices
- Official: PlayBook OS 2.0 delayed until February 2012 – No BBM Support at launch
- Former RIM VP Tyler Lessard joins Fixmo as Chief Marketing Officer
1:45 pm on Oct 4, 2011 |
Last week we told you about the Pink BlackBerry Curve 9360 from Telus and the Breast Cancer research donation they would make with each purchase. The Pink Curve has now been released and the donation drive has started. There are three ways for you to help and get some cash donated towards the cause. First, you can pick up a new Curve 9360 in Pink. For the sale of every Pink Curve, Telus is donating $25 to Breast Cancer research. Second, you can buy pink accessories and Telus will donate $5 for each accessory purchase. The third option is to create a Facebook photo gallery, which will net a $1 donation to the cause.
All three of these great options can be found by clicking the link below. Not only can you get a new Pink Curve or some pink accessories, you can help with Breast Cancer research. Head on over to Telus today to start purchasing so that you can help Telus reach their goal of $400,000 in donations.
Sprint originally planned to release the Curve 9350 back on September 9th but the launch was pushed back due to unknown reasons till October. There was no date stated for the October launch, but now we know. Sprint has officially released the Curve 9350 and you can pick one up today. This device will run you $49.99 with a 2-year contract or $349.99 outright. Hit the link below to grab yourself a new Curve 9350 from Sprint.
2:13 pm on Sep 27, 2011 |
Telus is set to begin offering the BlackBerry Curve 9360 in Pink this October. Telus is also planning to tie this launch into their observance of Breast Cancer Awareness month. For every Pink Curve 9360 that is sold, Telus plans to donate $25 to Breast Cancer Research. There’s no word on exactly what day this new Curve will be launching, nor is there any info on how long this donation period will last. If you’re looking for a Curve 9360, you want it to be Pink, and you want to help with Breast Cancer research, then you’ll want to grab this new device as soon as it hits shelves in October.
- Walmart offers 50% off the BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Payment Service SDK updated to v1.5
- Sprint to launch the BlackBerry Curve 9350 October 2nd
- RIM’s WiFi Geolocation Service is now live for Developers
- Accessory Review: Clingo Universal Podium Desk Mount
- Hands on and initial impressions of the BlackBerry Torch 9810
- T-Mobile welcomes the all new BlackBerry Curve 9360 to their lineup
- Quanta cuts PlayBook production workforce, RIM stuck with lots of unsold units
- Losing BIS connection while tethered to your BlackBerry PlayBook? You’re not alone
- BlackBerry Partners Fund announces winners of the WebWorks Developer Challenge
- Adobe Flash 11 and Air 3 coming to the BlackBerry PlayBook – brings 3D gaming and more
12:30 pm on Sep 23, 2011 |
The Bold 9790 and Curve 9380 are both devices that we have seen leaked and know quite a bit about, yet both devices remain unofficial and unannounced. The Bold 9790 will come in the familiar Bold 9700-style but will feature a touchscreen, the new 1.2GHz processor, and the updated 5MP camera. This device is set to fill the gap for users that want the power of BlackBerry 7 in a smaller, full-keyboard device. The Curve 9380 is going to be like a mini Torch 9850/9860. This will be a full-touchscreen Curve device featuring the updated, 800MHz processor.
Both of these devices are expected to be announced in the coming weeks and be available before year’s end. These two devices should round out the BlackBerry 7 device offerings and fill the gap until we see QNX devices debut in early 2012. Having these device numbers show up in the App World Dev Portal tells us that they are pretty much official and we can expect the announcement any day.