Tag Archives: BlackBerry
Big news for keyboard purists! BlackBerry has officially announced that the Q10 will be hitting carrier shelves in Canada beginning May 1st. Rogers, Bell, and Telus will all have the Q10 on May 1st for $199 with a 3-year contract. It will also be available on Virgin Mobile Canada, Fido, Koodo Mobile, and Sasktel, and available in select retail locations, including Best Buy, Future Shop, TBooth Wireless, The Source, Walmart Canada and WIRELESSWAVE.
Meticulous attention has been paid to every detail of the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone’s design, from its beautiful and distinctive form to its elegant and ergonomic QWERTY keyboard, which features a wider layout and larger sculpted keys. With the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone’s advanced hardware, communications and multimedia features, along with long battery life, you can confidently stay ahead and take action all day long.
Read on past the break for more information on the Q10.
4:11 pm on Apr 18, 2013 |
BlackBerry has been doing a lot to help out their partners. The latest thing they are doing is a complete revamp of their partner support services program. Here are some of the highlights of the changes happening in the program:
- New program levels with new options to enable partners to price their programs more efficiently and have more consistent margins.
- More options for accessing BlackBerry support representatives to create a more comprehensive program.
- New entrance criteria offering discounts tied to BlackBerry Certification.
If you want to know more in-depth information on the changes, check out the BlackBerry for Business Blog Here for that information. Partners can register for the updated program using the link below.
4:06 pm on Apr 18, 2013 |
We know that the BlackBerry Q10 is launching in Canada this month, with worldwide availability shortly after. There’s no word on exactly when the Q10 will hit the US, but we do have some new information that suggests whenever carriers are ready to launch it, the Q10 will be ready to rock. The FCC filing for the Q10 has passed through and is now available online for all BlackBerry fans to check out. This means that the Q10 is officially cleared for sale in the US, now we just wait on BlackBerry and the carriers to launch.
Source : Engadget
3:21 pm on Apr 17, 2013 |
BlackBerry 10 is hitting markets all around the world, and with that rollout comes more and more apps for the platform. This week’s BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday features apps from all the categories, with an emphasis on utilities and banking. The Amazing Spiderman from GameLoft has also hit BlackBerry World for BlackBerry 10. Follow on past the break for all of this week’s selections.
Now that we have the two high-end BlackBerry 10 devices, the Z10 and Q10, it’s time to start looking at the lower-tier devices. We know that they are in development and hopefully launching later this year. Today we get a look at the BlackBerry 10 R-Series. This device will basically be the Curve model for BlackBerry 10. It’ll be an awesome device for those that want the BlackBerry 10 experience but don’t want the $200 price tag that goes along with it now. It’ll also be big news for India and emerging markets, where BlackBerry really seems to be shining right now.
With the R-Series, we can expect a lower screen resolution, a mid-level processor, and reduced RAM from what we see in the Z10 and Q10. It’ll still have decent specs, but nothing like what’s available in the top-of-the-line models. It’ll probably be closer to the $50 range and will make BlackBerry 10 available to anyone who wants to give it a go.
Source : BBOS
The BlackBerry Achievement Awards, formerly the Wireless Achievement Awards, reflects the depth of mobile innovation embedded within the BlackBerry solution. This annual awards program celebrates how BlackBerry technology helps power innovation and brings ideas to life. And for the first time, voting is now open to the public! Previously, voting for these awards has been limited to developers and major players in the mobile space, but no more. Everyone has a chance to voice their opinion now.
To vote, visit the website linked below and submit your picks in each category. Voting closes April 15th at 5PM EST. This year’s winners will be announced at BlackBerry Live in Orlando, Florida. The award recipients will receive a series of incentives for their participation. Prizes for first place include: travel and accommodations to BlackBerry Live 2013, conference passes, extensive BlackBerry training, BlackBerry 10 smartphones and more. Vote below and carry on past the break for the full list of 2013′s nominees.
4:12 pm on Apr 3, 2013 |
It’s Wednesday again, so that means it’s time for another BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday. This week, BlackBerry is announcing that there are now over 100,000 apps for BlackBerry 10 available in BlackBerry World. This is huge news for a platform that’s only two months old. BlackBerry has been shelling out big bucks to get developers on board and making apps for the platform. Android apps also make up a huge percentage of these apps, showing that BlackBerry’s decision to build around Android was a great one. Follow on past the break for this week’s selection of just a few of the over 100,000 apps available for BlackBerry 10.
3:49 pm on Mar 31, 2013 |
PressReader has been available on the BlackBerry PlayBook for a while now, and you can check out our feature on that app Here. Now that BlackBerry 10 is available worldwide, PressReader has made the necessary adjustments to their app and it is now available on BlackBerry 10. All the features that you know and love in the Playbook version are now available on BlackBerry 10. You can keep up with all the latest newspapers and magazines from around the world with PressReader. Support for the Z10 is available now and the Q10 will be supported from launch. Check out Press Reader at the link below.
The MLB.com At Bat 13 app is now officially available for the BlackBerry® Z10, just in time for opening day! This must-have app for baseball aficionados brings all the regular season and postseason action straight to your mobile device. Considered one of the top-selling sports app of all time, MLB.com At Bat 13 makes its way to BlackBerry 10 with a full roster of features, including:
- Free MLB.TV Game of the Day
- MLB.TV Premium subscriber login to watch every out-of-market game live and on-demand
- Home and away radio broadcasts
- In-progress highlights
- Gameday pitch tracking with realistic ballpark renderings
- Condensed Games
- Classic games library
- League and team news
- Schedules and statistics
- Favorite team selection
Taking advantage of the BlackBerry Z10’s powerful browser, large 4.2” touchscreen and sharp display, fans will have everything they need to enjoy a ballgame on the go. MLB At Bat 13 will run you $19.99 for the entire 2013 season. Grab the download in BlackBerry World, using the link below.
BlackBerry has released major updates to both Twitter and Facebook for BlackBerry 10. these updates bring some great new features to both applications, while adding bug fixes and enhancing app performance. The changes include the following:
- Friends Nearby – Facebook 10.0.1 allows you to discover if your Facebook friends are nearby. You’ll be able to see when they’ve checked in on Facebook to a location that’s close to where you are.
- Photo Updates – There are new ways of interacting with your Facebook photos. With Facebook 10.0.1, you can now easily add photo tags to a photo you’re uploading within the Facebook application. Plus if you like that photo or funny picture your friend just shared on Facebook, you now have the ability save Facebook photos locally on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Events – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it even easier to plan and keep track of your events. You can now view and respond to events, invite your friends to attend, create and view posts on the event wall, post photos, and even tag guests.
- Sharing – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it easier than ever to share what matters to you with all of your contacts. Using the BlackBerry 10 share framework, you can now easily share links from your Facebook newsfeed to BBM™, email, SMS, Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and others.
- Your Connect Tab – Twitter 10.0.2 allows you to view all interactions in one place, including new follows, favorites and mentions.
- Enjoy More Content – Take a look at photos, article summaries and other updates within your Tweets.
- Added Perspective – The latest Twitter version allows you to see the number of times a Tweet has been favorited.
11:00 am on Mar 28, 2013 |
This morning, BlackBerry has reported their Q4 and year ending fiscal results for fiscal year 2013. They weren’t good results; however, they were certainly better than many were expecting. BlackBerry was able to turn a profit of $94 Million this quarter, much better than previous quarters but still not full recovery. BlackBerry shipped about 6 Million devices in Q4, with about 1 Million of those being BlackBerry 10 phones. The worst news of all is the subscriber base, which has fallen from 79 Million last quarter, to just 76 Million this time around. Hopefully the release and adoption of BlackBerry 10 can turn all these numbers around, especially the falling subscriber figure. Here are the highlights of the Q4 earnings report, with the full earnings release following past the break.
Other highlights from the Q4 results:
- Revenue of $2.7 billion
- GAAP income from continuing operations of $94 million, or $0.18 per share diluted
- Adjusted income from continuing operations of $114 million, or $0.22 per share diluted
- Shipments of 6 million smartphones, including approximately 1 million BlackBerry 10 units
- Subscriber base of approximately 76 million
- Cash flow from operations of $219 million, cash and investments balance of $2.9 billion
“It was a year for change and we delivered significant positive change,” said Thorsten Heins, President and CEO.
- With only a few weeks of availability, and in only a couple of countries, BlackBerry 10 made a strong entry into the high end of these markets with approximately 1 million BlackBerry 10 units.
- Today, our launch is accelerating: 223 carrier technical acceptances have been completed, and over 60 carriers are now launched across 40 countries with more than 30 countries to come.
- For the BlackBerry Q10, our first Lab Entry was achieved in late February, and Q10 is now testing with over 40 carriers in 20 countries. As mentioned at our launch in January, availability of Q10 will commence in April.
10:46 am on Mar 28, 2013 |
Verizon Wireless has released the BlackBerry Z10 today. This makes them the last and final US carrier to release BlackBerry 10. Verizon is selling both the black and white models of the Z10, making them the only US carrier offering both color choices. You can grab the Z10 from your local Verizon store, online at VerizonWireless.com, Best Buy retail locations, or BestBuy.com. It’ll run you $199.99 with a 2-year contract or $599 with no contract. If you’re a BlackBerry fan in America, now is the time to get your new Z10, with availability on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.
2:12 pm on Mar 27, 2013 |
It’s another BlackBerry App Wednesday, and this one is especially exciting for BlackBerry fans in the USA! Since BlackBerry 10 and the Z10 is now available on AT&T and T-Mobile, with Verizon availability coming tomorrow, our US readers can finally enjoy App Wednesday. This week’s selections are focused heavily on some of the new News and Lifestyle apps that have recently come to BlackBerry 10, including the Wall Street Journal and Pageonce. Check out the full list of this week’s BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections past the break.
BlackBerry fans in America have another reason to be excited today. The BlackBerry Z10 has now officially launched on T-Mobile. This means that BlackBerry fans can now get their fix on either AT&T or T-Mobile, with Verizon availability coming this Thursday, March 28th. The T-Mobile Z10 is available beginning today in stores or online at T-Mobile.com. The Z10 will run you $531.99 on a T-Mobile contract. You can choose to pay the full price at purchase, or you can pay $99 at purchase then $18 per month for 24 months. Grab yours at the link below or in your local store.
9:44 am on Mar 26, 2013 |
Big news for BlackBerry fans who also love their television entertainment. BlackBerry has just announced a major deal with multiple content partners to bring new television content into BlackBerry World. The partnership is between BlackBerry and these content distributors: PBS, Univision and Viacom. The new content will include favorites like COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV, Nickelodeon, PBS’s Masterpiece Classic Downton Abbey series and Spanish telenovelas. Follow on past the break for the full Press Release with more information on these partnerships.