Tag Archives: Blackberry Messenger
11:00 am on Jul 28, 2011 |
Now that RIM has (finally) Officially released BBM 6.0 to the general public many are asking what games are equipped with the new BBM Social tech. Well not to worry BlackBerry addicts that’s why we’re here. Follow me past the break for a current list of BBM Social equipped Apps in App World.
Yesterday we had a few people thinking that they had received an updated for BBM, but it turned out that it was that they had the beta version installed.
Well it looks like RIM is now ready to release BlackBerry messenger 6.0 to the masses. BBM 6 brings a few cosmetic changes and the also brings the BBM Social platform. The download should be making its way into app world over the next few hrs, so make sure you check and get the next generation of BBM. Check out the full press release after the break.
1:37 pm on Jun 29, 2011 |
Today seems like a good day for BBM. First, we had RIM release the BBM Social SDK so that developers can begin integrating that new platform into their apps. Now, we have the Beta Zone release of BBM version 126.96.36.199. RIM has specifically stated that there are only bug fixes and one addition in this release. That single addition is BBM Social support. This Beta Zone update of BBM is setup for developers to use in conjunction with the BBM Social SDK to test their apps for mainstream release. Even if you’re not a developer you can still grab this update from the Beta Zone to enjoy the bug fixes RIM has provided. You can download the update or join the BlackBerry Beta Zone at the link below.
12:09 pm on Jun 29, 2011 |
RIM has just announced that the BBM Social SDK version 1.0 has been officially released around the world. BBM Social is a huge piece of the puzzle that RIM is constructing to bring us the next generation of BlackBerry. With BBM Social, users will be able to interact with other BlackBerry users in more ways than the current text, picture, and video features of BBM. BBM Social integrates with the core of the OS and into various applications including games, multimedia, and even location-based services.
BBM Social is set to bring BlackBerry users an even more interactive BlackBerry experience, and with the SDK being released today, those awesome new features shouldn’t be too far off. RIM has released the SDK for both native Java developers and for WebWorks developers as well. You can hit the link below to download the BBM Social SDK or you can continue past the break to get more information on what BBM Social is and how you can use the SDK to make your app into “super apps.”
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 gets fully reviewed online
- Best Buy BlackBerry PlayBook Advetisement
- Twitter for BlackBerry updated to v188.8.131.52 in BlackBerry Beta Zone
- Foursquare for BlackBerry updated with AmEx deals support
- BlackBerry smartphone hardware versus the competition
- RIM introduces BlackBerry WebWorks Tablet OS SDK v2.1
- Calling all developers – Please check your PlayBook apps against Flash 10.3 and Air 2.7
- BlackBerry PlayBook debuts in India
- OS 184.108.40.206 Leaked for the BlackBerry Bold 9900
- OS 220.127.116.110 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 leaked
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 18.104.22.1680 update now available
- RIM releases screen resolution chart for unreleased and unannounced 2011 BlackBerry devices
- BlackBerry 7 device simulators now available for the 9810, 9360 and 9850
- RIM to transition WebWorks development from Visual Studio and Eclipse to Ripple Emulator
- PlayBook Game Review: Kick It Up!
- BBM Avatar Builder updated to v1.0.1
Fixmo Web Messenger(FWM) has been in beta for a little while now and the official launch version, v1.0, has just launched in both App World and ShopTheBerryFix.com. FWM is an app that mirrors your BBM to your desktop so you can chat and work all from the same screen. The beta version of FWM had tons of great features and version 1.0 has even more. Some of the new features include:
- Improved responsiveness through new “local Wi-fi” feature
- Pop-out the Fixmo Web Messenger application into it’s own browser window
- New BBM message notifications through the web browser tabs
- Enhanced application security
- Support for international characters
- Minor bug fixes
You can get a free trial Fixmo Web Messenger from the trial link below and you can purchase the app for the introductory price of $2.99 from either App World or ShopTheBerryFix.com. If you’ve been looking for BBM on your desktop and are tired of waiting for a solution from RIM, give Fixmo Web Messenger a try today.
- RIM ships 500,000 PlayBook units for Q1 2012
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launching in the UK in August
- RIM Releases BBM Avatar Builder into App World
- BlackBerry PlayBook Released Early in UK
- Pimp out your JAWBONE JAMBOX with a Jamchain
- Bold 9900 coming to Virgin Mobile Canada “Super Soon”
- BlackBerry PlayBook updated to version 22.214.171.1242
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 coming to Sprint August 21st along with the Bold 9930
- BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5 for Avaya Phone Systems Now Available
- CMO Says Verizon is launching three new BlackBerry devices this year
- T-Mobile to classify the BlackBerry Bold 9900 as a 4G device…..Consumer confusion begins here
Just a few days ago me and a few other bloggers were talking about how RIM should really release a desktop client for BBM, letting us chat it up through our desktops or laptops. We already know that RIM uses it internally but what about us?
Well Fixmo has designed a web application in conjunction with an on device app that does exactly that, gives us BBM on our computers. The system works by making a bridge between your BlackBerry and your computer letting you see whats happening on the big screen. The app is currently in beta but can be downloaded for free from fixmo.com/fwm.
9:46 am on May 2, 2011 |
May 2, 2011
RIM Announces New Video Chat Application for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
Allows BlackBerry PlayBook users to easily share special moments with friends and family
Waterloo, ON – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the availability of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ Video Chat application – an easy and fun way for friends and family to place and receive video calls between BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets over an internet connected Wi-Fi® network.
“BlackBerry is a renowned mobile communication solution for connecting users to the people and information that matter most throughout their day,” said Tom Goguen, VP, Collaboration and Social Networking at Research In Motion (RIM). “With the BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat application we are excited to be enabling our customers to share important moments and events with family and friends via video calls. With the BlackBerry PlayBook’s high-resolution video cameras and stunning display, a Video Chat call is the next best thing to being there.” (more…)
8:45 pm on Apr 26, 2011 |
BlackBerry Messenger v126.96.36.199 is now available for select users to download in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. BBM 6.0 build .73 brings some new features and support for both OS 5.0 and 6.0 devices. The redesigned user interface that we have seen previewed is not present in this build but is rumored to be coming soon. The changes included with this beta release are:
- Updated BBM branding
- More “snappy” and responsive feel
- Visual distinction of message drafts vs. sent messages
- Any alerts set for SMS contacts are now preserved in BBM once an SMS contact is integrated with BBM
- Invite a Text Messaging Contact — it’s now easier to search contacts
- Location Search — you can now search for a location before sending, similar to the Location Search experience via SMS
- Location Sending — you can now detect your location with cell tower triangulation or GPS
- Appointment Sending — sending appointment or calendar events is now a similar experience to that of sending an appointment via SMS
If you’re a Beta Zone member you can head on over to enroll in this BBM 6.0 program. If not, hit the link below to sign up for the BlackBerry Beta Zone and get access to the newest beta’s before the general public.
Today we get to check out some of the first available screenshots from BlackBerry Messenger 6.0. This new version of BBM is said to debut with BlackBerry OS 6.1 and will bring a whole new look to BBM. The new version of BBM will feature a redesigned UI that has the new OS 6.1 icons with a wide array of color choices. There’s no word if BBM 6.0 will feature the BBM Social features that everyone is desperately waiting for. You can check out the rest of the screenshots from BBM 6.0 after the break.
BlackBerry Messenger has gotten a long awaited update today. The new version, 188.8.131.52, doesn’t include a changelog of any sort so we can’t know for sure what has changed with this update. When you try out the updated BBM and find a change be sure to let us know in the comments. You can get the update directly from App World on your BlackBerry.
11:07 am on Mar 3, 2011 |
BGR just posted what could be the biggest BlackBerry rumor of 2011. They report that multiple sources are confirming RIM’s plans to bring BlackBerry Messenger to both Android and iOS. Android will be the first to see the cross-platform BBM app which could possibly be launching later this year. There is no date or pricing information available on this yet. The current rumor on pricing is that RIM may either make the app available for a one-time fee or monthly service charge. There’s always the possibility that it could be free but i’m just not so sure that would happen with all the money RIM would need to invest to get this cross-platform BBM service up and running.
This could be an interesting move for RIM and it makes you wonder what this move would signal. Would it be an admitted defeat in the smartphone war (not in this lifetime) or could RIM just be trying to gain market share in the emerging cross-platform messenger service? The rumors also say that the BBM on other platforms would only be for text-based messages. If this is the case, RIM could use this to win over potential customers who want the full functionality of BBM, which would only be available on a BlackBerry. This is surely big news and it could mean big things for the smartphone market. We’ll keep you up to date as soon as we hear more on RIM’s BBM plans.
BBM version 184.108.40.206 has been leaked. We don’t know what changes come with this build but we do know that it will only run on devices running BlackBerry 6. If you want to stay on the cutting edge of BBM and have the latest leak, hit the link below for the download. Remember to backup your contacts just in case.
*Warning: This is leaked/beta software. TheBerryFix.com can not be held responsible for any issues or damages that your device may incur by running or installing this leak. Install at your own risk.
8:38 pm on Feb 16, 2011 |
As thousands of BlackBerry users download the newest beta for BBM from the BlackBerry Beta Zone many are finding that their existing beta keycode is not working, thus locking them out of BBM. If you’re one of these people, you have the choice to leave it and wait for a new key from RIM or revert back to the official version from BlackBerry App World. Just make sure you have all your data backed up before you attempt going to the official release, but you did that before you updated…didn’t you?
If you’re a Beta Zone user that hasn’t had the chance to download the new beta I suggest you hold out until the beta team gets things fixed. I’ve reached out to RIM to see what’s happening and when to expect a fix. Chime in below and let us know if you’ve been affected.