Tag Archives: BlackBerry Apps
10:26 am on May 1, 2013 |
It’s Wednesday again and that means it’s time for another round of BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections. With the Q10 now being officially available in Canada, even more users can benefit from the BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections this time! This week’s list features some great, new apps to check out, plus a new feature called BlackBerry Developer Picks of the Week. Each week, Developers at BlackBerry will pick out their top 5 must-have apps for the week and then pass those recommendations on to you. BlackBerry also wanted us to let you know that Real Soccer 2013 is coming soon to BlackBerry 10. Check out this week’s selections past the break!
8:49 am on Mar 21, 2013 |
BlackBerry knew they had a problem even bigger than hardware or Operating System software prior to the launch of BlackBerry 10. That problem was apps, and the fact that no one wanted to develop for the platform. With BlackBerry 10, that has all changed. BlackBerry World now boasts over 100,000 apps that work on the BlackBerry 10 platform. That’s more than any other platform had at this point in their existence and it shows the true commitment that BlackBerry has made to bring their customers the apps they want to use. Check out the full Press Release from BlackBerry, with more information on some of these apps, past the break.
4:32 pm on Feb 27, 2013 |
BlackBerry has started a new informative app initiative that they will be participating in with various BlackBerry blogs. This new program is called “App Wednesday” and will be providing BlackBerry fans with a look at some of the latest and greatest app offerings for BlackBerry 10. There are literally thousands upon thousands of apps available in BlackBerry World, along with music, movies, and other videos. Follow on past the break for this week’s selections for App Wednesday.
The PGA has announced that their official application will be gaining support for BlackBerry 10 in the coming months. The app will be available for download in BlackBerry World sometime later this golfing season. The full Press Release starts below and continues past the break.
PGA TOUR Will Introduce App for BlackBerry 10 in 2013
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The PGA TOUR announced today that it is developing a new PGA TOUR app for the BlackBerry® 10 platform. The PGA TOUR app will be available for free on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront for all BlackBerry 10 customers later this season.
1:12 pm on Sep 11, 2012 |
BlackBerry is an official sponsor of this year’s TIFF, the Toronto International Film Festival for those that don’t know. Not only is BlackBerry sponsoring TIFF, but the BlackBerry app is the official TIFF app, as well. In celebration of TIFF, and great entertainment in general, RIM has released a list of some of the best entertainment apps for your BlackBerry. Follow us past the break as we take a look at some of the best entertainment apps to try today on your BlackBerry.
RIM has just pushed to an updated version of BlackBerry App World. This new version, 18.104.22.168, doesn’t really bring a lot of new features, but instead makes the features of version 3.1 better. There are many bug fixes in this version, as well as the following changes:
- “Upgrade All” allows you to upgrade all apps at once
- Share your list of installed apps via NFC
- View friends’ installed apps via NFC
- App World is now BBM-Connected
These are all great features and the bug fixes are sure to make using App World a more pleasant experience. You can grab the update from the BlackBerry App World Site or refresh your existing copy of App World to get the download.
Source : CrackBerry
4:35 pm on Apr 18, 2012 |
Research In Motion has announced plans to change the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This portal into the world of BlackBerry has been wildly successful and now RIM hopes to expand on that success by splitting the Beta Zone into two sections, Business and Consumer. This split will allow businesses to Beta test new business specific apps and features, an improvement to mobile browsing, and some update community feedback features.
The split should be happening sometime in the coming weeks and existing users will use their current Beta Zone credentials to log into both sites. New users will also get one set of login credentials for use on both parts of the Beta Zone. The Business portion of the site is not live yet, but when it is, hitting the link below will take you to the sign in page. Right now, it just links to the regular Beta Zone, where you can sign up if you haven’t already.
Source : BerryReview
10:56 pm on Apr 4, 2012 |
RIM has been offering over $77 in free apps to BlackBerry 7 users in the US for nearly a month. Canadian users have been unhappy that this is a US only offer, so RIM has taken action. The free apps are now available to Canadian BlackBerry 7 users, as well as those in the US. This list includes 19 of the best BlackBerry apps and games available. The total value of this package is over $77 and has something for everyone. You can get these free “Compliments of BlackBerry” games by clicking the icon in App World on your BlackBerry or following me past the break where we have the full list with all the App World links.
Source : CrackBerry
12:13 pm on Dec 1, 2011 |
If you love the holidays and making everything all christmas like, then make sure you check out the newest BBM connected application from Smarter-Apps. The premiss of Santa Dash is to get good old Saint Nick to as many houses as possible, but watch out because there are a few obstacles in the way. Other than being a addicting game, the best part is it is ZERO dollars…..zip, ziltch nadda. So head on over to BlackBerry App World and get into the holiday sprit.
RIM promised us some free applications as a “Thank You Gift” for sticking with BlackBerry through the outages and now some of those applications are live in App World and available for download. The first app available is DriveSafe.ly Pro, a $19.99 app, and the second is Bubble Bash 2, an app the retails for $4.99. These, and all the free Thank You Apps, will be found in the new “A Thank You Gift” category in App World. Check back often as RIM will be adding new free apps every few days. Now that the gifting has started, do you feel RIM is doing a good job at making reparations for the outage?
4:05 pm on Sep 7, 2011 |
If you’re a regular visiter to this site you’ll remember us talking about SOTI controller for BlackBerry, an application that lets you BBM from your desktop, among many other things. One downside is if you have a new BlackBerry 7 device you’ll already know that it doesn’t work, just yet. Today the team from SOTI has updated their application and brought along support for the newest line of BlackBerry devices.
- Support for BlackBerry OS 7.0 In our commitment to the BlackBerry platform, SOTI is proud to support all of RIM’s latest smartphones. Native 7.0 support means better application performance on BlackBerry’s latest devices.
- Pocket Controller-Pro now supports gestures! You can now perform gestures using your mouse or touch screen monitor! Swipe, scroll, and navigate your BlackBerry exactly the same way as you do with your touch-screen BlackBerry smartphones. SOTI Pocket Controller Pro for BlackBerry now gives you 100% of your device’s touch screen experience on your desktop!
- Cut, Copy and Paste using Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V! Additional keyboard shortcuts have been added to save you time. You can now use your keyboard to Cut, Copy and Paste on the BlackBerry using the normal shortcut keys that you’re familiar with on your desktop.
- Automatic Zoom! SOTI has added the ability to see the entire BlackBerry when you first connect to your device.
- Pocket Controller-Pro now has an Exit option! By popular demand, you can now easily exit the BlackBerry application when you’re not using Pocket Controller-Pro and also prevent it from starting up at boot time so it doesn’t use any system resources improving your BlackBerry’s performance and boot time.
So along with support for your new precious BlackBerry 7 phones they’ve also added a bunch of new features. You can pick up SOTI controller from App World for free and the desktop version will set you back $35.95, a small fee for a lot of added features to your BlackBerry, and of course BBM on the desktop.
Applications are all the rage with smartphone users these days, and rightfully so. With BlackBerry’s rapidly expanding application space, App World, users have access to a vast library of high quality apps. To get everyone in the Back to School spirit, RIM has put together the following list of BlackBerry apps that can help make class a little easier to handle.
Down to Business
Access and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments through your BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry PlayBook. Bring computer documents with you when you’re on the go with Dropbox, and take notes and stay organized with the Notes for the BlackBerry PlayBook. The BlackBerry News Feeds app and BlackBerry News App for PlayBook keep you up to speed with current events, and the Kobo e-reader lightens the load, so those heavy text books won’t weigh you down.
Make quick plans with friends and keep in touch with parents on the go, for free with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). Looking to get everyone together for dinner on campus or planning a team meeting? BlackBerry Messenger groups let everyone contribute to the same conversation so that organizing the group is fast and easy. With BBM 6, BBM is integrated with your favorite apps, like Poynt, foursquare, ScoreMobile and Huffington Post, so that you can share restaurant information, sports scores, games and interesting articles with BBM friends. Stay on top of club meetings, courses, lectures and homework assignments with Student Buddy, while Facebook and Twitter make sure you never miss a beat with your high school friends back home.
Keep entertained during study breaks with applications like Slacker, Tetris and Need for Speed. Got some down time between classes? Bring the BlackBerry PlayBook from room-to-room to share the latest YouTube sensation with your floor mates. Easily hook up the PlayBook to a TV monitor using an HDMI cable to bring all your videos, games, and music to the big screen. Going out to the movies this weekend? Use Flixster to buy movie tickets and share reviews, trailers and ratings with friends.
9:25 am on Aug 5, 2011 |
Just Weeks ago RIM updated the web-based version App World and today they have loaded the Smartphone version into Beta Zone so the BlackBerry community can give it a test.
The new version includes:
- Sleek New Design – The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help users discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating spotlight banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- New Channels – Apps, Games, and Themes now have their own channels so users can get to what they want even faster.
- Introduction of My Account – My Account makes managing BBID and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- New My World Features – My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps and status, and now at a glance, in addition to seeing which apps are installed and uninstalled, users can manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users will be notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing – When a user finds an app they can’t live without, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM, Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
- Evolved App Details Screen – At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more
- More Search Options – Quickly find apps with a Search Bar now appearing on the storefront home screen and search results are presented across Channels as well as My World. Search Bars are also within each Channel and users have the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular
Finally things are coming together and brining the best of BlackBerry 7 into RIM’s native apps. So head over to Beta Zone and download the new version, let us know what you think.
6:15 pm on Jul 20, 2011 |
Instaphoto for the BlackBerry PlayBook has been out for a few weeks now and we even did a feature post about it. Smarter Apps, the makers of Instaphoto for the PlayBook, have just let us know that you can now get this awesome app on your BlackBerry SmartPhone too! Instaphoto for BlackBerry SmartPhones includes the following great features, plus many more:
- Full Camera integration
- Images are saved to a custom gallery folder
- Large image previews
- Simple controls with tons of effects
- Quick photo and effect rendering
You can grab Instaphoto for BlackBerry SmartPhones from BlackBerry App World for just $2.99. It works with all available BlackBerry device models and all versions of the BlackBerry Operating System. You can view a few more screenshots from Instaphoto after the break.
3:12 pm on Jul 8, 2011 |
There’s not much to say here besides “enjoy the photo!” We know that App World 3.0 for developers has rolled out and that the Webstore has received it’s 3.0 makeover as well. App World 3.0 for BlackBerry Smartphones shouldn’t be too far behind. The above image is a sneak peek at what the App World 3.0 storefront will look like on the BlackBerry. I can’t confirm this, but it looks like the App World symbol in the top left will take you to the “My World” section and will also notify you when there are updates available. We’ll let you know as soon as we get more information on the new functionality or hear more about the launch date.