Tag Archives: Beta Zone
11:43 am on May 14, 2013 |
You’ve seen that BlackBerry has introduced a huge, new feature for BBM today at BlackBerry Live 2013, BBM Channels. Now you’re wondering how you can sign up for this new service. Well, all you have to do to get BBM Channels is sign up for it in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. BBM Channels works on both legacy BlackBerry OS devices and BlackBerry 10 devices. Signing up will give you access to the Beta version of BBM Channels through the Beta Zone, then you can upgrade to the full version when it officially launches later this year. Hit the link below to head over to the BlackBerry Beta Zone and get in on the BBM Channel action.
2:30 pm on Oct 5, 2012 |
RIM has issued another small update to Twitter for BlackBerry in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This update brings the latest Beta version to 126.96.36.199 and fixes a few bugs that were present in the previous release. the fixed bugs include:
- Following list is not showing following state correctly. The follow button is appearing for many users even though you already follow them.
- Timeline takes up to 10 seconds to appear when switching users
- Twitter Search shows duplicate tweets
- Reply All does not reply to all, only replies to the original sender
If you’re a Beta Zone member you can login in using the link below and download the Twitter for BlackBerry update. If you’re not yet a member, hit the link to join and then grab the latest Twitter Beta.
5:04 pm on Sep 25, 2012 |
There is a ton of BlackBerry 10 action going on at BlackBerry Jam Americas right now, but what about current BlackBerry devices? Well, RIM has just released a huge update into the BlackBerry Beta Zone for current BlackBerry owners. BlackBerry App World 4.0 is now available for testing in the Beta Zone. App World 4.0 is the latest iteration of the store for all current BlackBerry devices. Some of the new features in this Beta release include:
- Integration with BlackBerry Commerce Payment Services for Credit Card and PayPal Purchases – BlackBerry Commerce is a payment service which manages all credit card and PayPal purchases and transactions made on BlackBerry App World 4.0
- NFC Tag Integration – NFC tag integration will allow users to swap applicatons lists
- Ability to Permanently Delete Apps from My World – Users are able to permanently delete apps from My World
- Ability to Re-Install All Apps From My World – Users will have the ability to re-install all apps from My World
- Automatic Find in My World – Automatic Find will allow users to search and find apps more easily in My World
- SMS Authentication – Will allow carrier billing to function for certain carriers who switch from WAP to SMS
- Removal of Gifting/Begging and Ringtones – Ability to remove ringtones when user receives a gift/beg
You can grab the update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone or click the link below to head over and get the download.
Source : CrackBerry
Last week, Twitter for BlackBerry was updated in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Today, the Facebook for BlackBerry Beta is getting the same update treatment in the Beta Zone. Facebook for BlackBerry version 188.8.131.52 is now available for users to test out in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update brings lots of helpful changes and fixes, so you’ll defenitely want to grab it if you’re a Beta user. Here’s what’s changed:
- Updated help URLs for Facebook 3.2
- Auto-linking to Facebook friends in address book did not occur
- Menu items missing for 5.0 devices
- Scrolling Issues on the BlackBerry Curve 9360
- Sharing a friend’s photo creates a comment on wall instead of posting photo
- Long user name is cutoff in profile header on profile screen
- Null shows in location field of an event in calendar
- Some friends are not displayed in friends list with large user account
- Can’t Scroll in the Menu “Notifications” with Touch Screen
- Unable to comment on my own photo (won’t send) (Error 2121)
- Facebook message always stays in sending status
- Title on Group Wall publisher changes: initially using full name, then switching to first name
- A blank event screen displays after event is canceled while you trying to refresh screen
- Initial scroll up will not take user to the top of the Event Wall – Event Photo, Title and Type are not visible
- When the user opens the photo comment notification and commends after friend, only “comment” is displayed in the outgoing notifications list
Grab the update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone using the link below.
4:47 pm on Aug 20, 2012 |
RIM has released another update for Twitter for BlackBerry into the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update is version 184.108.40.206, just a wee jump from the previous version of 220.127.116.11. Even though it’s just a small jump in version number, the updated Twitter for BlackBerry has lots of changes, including:
- Trends list is incorrect, and not for the proper region
- Follow button on users list do not appear in correct state
- The follow button is cut off when using a larger font size on the search page
- Misaligned lock image on user lists
- Details missing on error dialogs when clicking link for show details – exception in log
- The verified logo is cut-off on the following list screen
- Text isn’t vertically in the centre of focus on location selection drop down of trends
- Email popup field opens when you check or uncheck the show password option
- Truncated link causes it not to work/open to intended article
If you’re already a Beta Zone member and registered for the Twitter for BlackBerry Beta, you should be able to download the update now. If not, hit the link below to sign up to Beta test all of RIM’s future BlackBerry Beta apps.
10:17 am on Jul 4, 2012 |
Today, RIM has released another Twitter for BlackBerry update into the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This latest update is said to be the final update to v3.1 until its public release. If you’re a Beta Zone member, you can grab all the updates and bug fixes of Twitter v3.1, including:
- The updated Twitter Bird
- Sharing Tweets over email fails to keep links shortened
- Reply Hotkey not working and menu item missing on the Tweet Details screen if the Tweet is Retweeted by you
- When replying to a Tweet with a location, location call out pops up over top of the text in the Tweet
- Main account was deleted/logged out from app after experiencing network issues
- Spell check dialog appears as well as the suggested usernames in Sign Up screen
You can get this update with these new features and fixes right in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. If you’re not yet a member, clicking the link below will let you sign up and start checking out the latest BlackBerry Betas today.
Last week we told you about the plan for RIM to split the Beta Zone into consumer and business portions. While the split hasn’t officially happened yet, the Beta Zone has gotten a full redesign with some new features to entice users to sign up. The Beta Zone redesign brings some of the following new features:
- Faster downloads
- New layout
- More programs
- More features
- An improved mobile experience
In addition to these changes, the new BlackBerry Beta Zone offers a member count, some ideas from Beta Zone members that have been implemented, and some comments from Beta Zone members. Whether you’re already a member or it’ll be your first time, hit the link below to check out the fully redesigned Beta Zone.
4:35 pm on Apr 18, 2012 |
Research In Motion has announced plans to change the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This portal into the world of BlackBerry has been wildly successful and now RIM hopes to expand on that success by splitting the Beta Zone into two sections, Business and Consumer. This split will allow businesses to Beta test new business specific apps and features, an improvement to mobile browsing, and some update community feedback features.
The split should be happening sometime in the coming weeks and existing users will use their current Beta Zone credentials to log into both sites. New users will also get one set of login credentials for use on both parts of the Beta Zone. The Business portion of the site is not live yet, but when it is, hitting the link below will take you to the sign in page. Right now, it just links to the regular Beta Zone, where you can sign up if you haven’t already.
Source : BerryReview
3:18 pm on Apr 12, 2012 |
RIM has just updated another one of their flagship applications, BBM Music, in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This update brings the Beta Zone build to v18.104.22.168 and it doesn’t include a change log. It’s safe to assume that since there’s no log, this update is mostly bug fixes and minor tweaks to make BBM Music the best experience for you. One other small stipulation with this update, it’s only available to users in the US, Canada, and the UK. If you’re a BBM Music user, hit the link below to log into the Beta Zone and grab the update.
4:10 pm on Apr 10, 2012 |
Today, RIM has updated the version of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The update brings the Beta version to 22.214.171.124. There’s only one change noted on this release and there’s also a note about a future fix, but there are sure to be various big fixes included as well. The change that is noted is:
- Clicking the trackpad in the inline display name or personal message field opens the “My Profile” screen for right-to-left languages.
- Please note that issues with broadcast messages appearing in black, or links in broadcast messages appearing in purple, will be fixed in a future OS upgrade.
You can grab this latest update by clicking the link below and logging into the BlackBerry Beta Zone.
1:11 pm on Apr 2, 2012 |
RIM has just dropped another Beta app into the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This time it’s an update for Facebook for BlackBerry and it brings the Beta version to 3.0.014. This latest update brings the following fixes:
- When Facebook is installed on a device running a language that is not officially supported by Facebook for BlackBerry, but is supported by BB, the app is supposed to default to English.
- Facebook application uses HTTP links in browser
- The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request. (1500)
- WiLAN event is not being processed correctly when radio is low or changed
- Unable to close Facebook using back key on 6.0
If you’re a member of the BlackBerry Beta Zone you can login and grab the download from the link below. If you’re not a member, what are you waiting for? It’s free, and you get to try all the latest RIM BlackBerry apps before they hit App World!
2:22 pm on Mar 30, 2012 |
RIM has published another update into the BlackBerry Beta Zone and this time it’s for BBM. The latest update brings the Beta version of BBM to 126.96.36.199 and has a lot of bug fixes and improvements included. These fixes include:
- Missing BBM icon on OS 5.0
- Issues scrolling up through older messages on OS 6.0
- Issue selecting all the text by scrolling up/down in the inline display name and personal message fields
- Scrolling quickly in the inline edit view allowed the focus to move out onto your avatar
- Pressing the Enter key while the focus is on your avatar initiated the inline edit view
- In the inline display name or personal message field, smileys were highlighted when added via the “Add Smiley” menu option
- Unable to scroll in certain directions within the inline display name and personal message field
- No “Save” menu option or prompt dialog when the inline display name or personal message field only contains smileys
- No red splat on the BBM icon after deleting a group icon from the Home Screen and receiving a group notification
- Notification view/today view does not show BBM Messages
You can grab the update by signing into your Beta Zone profile and clicking on the BBM Beta Program. Hit the link below to head on over to the Beta Zone.
4:20 pm on Mar 29, 2012 |
RIM has updated Twitter for BlackBerry in the Beta Zone. The update brings the version number to 188.8.131.52 and there’s only one change noted with the update. The change fixes a bug where the app would stick on loading when you enter the app and scroll to the bottom. If you’ve been experiencing this issue then you’ll want to download this update ASAP. If not, it’s always good to stay up to date with the latest apps.
Source : N4BB
11:06 am on Mar 23, 2012 |
RIM has really been busy these past few weeks with Beta Zone application updates. The latest one they have pushed out is an update to BlackBerry Messenger, v184.108.40.206. There are lots of changes in this version; however, it still has quite a few issues too. Be sure to check out the change log and known issue list past the break before you download.
2:24 pm on Mar 22, 2012 |
RIM has updated BlackBerry App World in the Beta Zone. This new build brings along a bunch of new features and the most notable of the bunch is NFC Sharing. This new feature will allow you to share apps with friends just by tapping your BlackBerry to theirs. It’s another awesome way that RIM is implementing NFC into BlackBerry Devices. The full list of improvements in this build, 220.127.116.11, include:
- Find an app in “My World” by typing a keyword term
- “Other Devices” filter view in “My World” allows you to filter out apps not available for your device e.g. PlayBook Apps
- Announce downloads to BBM Status
- NFC is now an additional method to share a single app
- A new “Share” channel in the App World Home page allows you to share your app list via NFC
- Various Bug Fixes
You can grab the update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone by clicking the link below. Let us know what you think of the new NFC features!