Tag Archives: apps
7:15 pm on Jun 1, 2011 |
This morning we featured a line of PlayBook cases by GelaSkins and tonight we are bringing you another product from them. The Wallpapers by GelaSkins app gives you instant access to over 125 wallpapers that are designed to fit the screen size of your BlackBerry PlayBook.This app will be of interest to anyone looking for some great new PlayBook wallpapers and will be of special interest to those that purchase a GellaSkins case. Many of the wallpapers in the app’s library are available as case designs as well. Having both the case an wallpaper allows you to give your PlayBook a unified look. The app is free and i’m sure they will be expanding the wallpaper library with future updates.
11:01 am on Jun 1, 2011 |
Another day and another update to the FaceBook application for BlackBerry, but this time it’s an update to the Beta Zone version brining it to “Beta3″ and they’ve packed a few highly requested features in the update. If you are heading to download the update you’ll get things like wifi support, ability to delete posts and comments, also the application will ask you if you’re sure you want to delete that message before it’s gone for ever. Let us know if you notice anything different in the comments or the new forums.
- BestBuy quite impressed with BlackBerry PlayBook sales , says BestBuy representative
- PlayBook App Alert: News apps for PlayBook
- Doom for the BlackBerry PlayBook now available in App World
- New Level Available for Paperplane on the BlackBerry PlayBook
- OS 220.127.116.116 for the Bold 9700 and Curve 3G 9300 Leaked
- Stream CTV programming to your BlackBerry PlayBook
- Looking for accessories from Built for BlackBerry Partners? We have the full list
- Twitter for BlackBerry 2.0 now available in App World
- Poll: How is the battery life on your PlayBook?
- Getting the most out of the PlayBook optimized BlackBerry.com web page
- BlackBerry Monza, Bold Touch, and Apollo headed to T-Mobile
- Slacker launches new premium radio service with on-demand access to their music library
- BlackBerry PlayBook pre orders now available from Carphone Warehouse, shipping June 16th
- Tungle.me now available for your BlackBerry Smartphone and PlayBook
- RIM responds regarding the PlayBook recall from Staples
11:46 am on May 17, 2011 |
Here at TheBerryFix its been a life long debate on which internet radio service is top dog, from Rdio to Slacker there are a whole bunch of options available and while some stack up against each other quite well others just don’t.
Today Slacker Radio has announced their new offering pinning them self more against Rdio, with both services now offering on-demand access to the music you want to listen to. Slackers new service is available today for $9.99 giving you access to a whole slew of features like ad free music, unlimited skips, listen to specific songs or artists and a whole bunch more awesome features. To get the full 101 check out the press release after the break.
Slacker Launches Slacker Premium Radio with On-Demand Access to Music Library
Slacker First to Provide Complete Range of Services for Listeners from Free Personal Radio to On-Demand Music
SAN DIEGO – May, 17 2011 – Slacker, Inc. today launched Slacker Premium Radio, a new tier of service that provides music lovers with on-demand access to the Slacker music library including individual songs, albums, top charts, station playlists, single-artist radio stations and more. Slacker Premium takes the power, functionality and music discovery that Slacker Radio provides and combines it with the flexibility of integrated on-demand access for a new tier of service that provides the best of all worlds. Slacker Premium is available today on the web, and on new applications for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and BlackBerry smartphones. These applications deliver new features for all listeners, including free listeners, subscribers to Slacker Radio Plus and now subscribers to Slacker Premium Radio.
8:19 pm on May 9, 2011 |
During BlackBerry World 2011 RIM gave us a little glimpse into the new BBM social platform on FourSquare and today they have posted a video on Inside BlackBerry demoing the ScoreMobile app.
BBM social is a social platform that will leverage the use of BlackBerry Messenger into the apps we use everyday like FourSquare, Kobo and ScoreMobile, letting you socialize within the application leveraging the SuperApp concept. We should see the new BBM platform launching within the coming months but until its launch we’re just going to have to use this video as a stand in.
Source: Inside BlackBerry
I will admit everyone at Theberryfix.com are avid Xobni users and it’s the first application I install on a new BlackBerry, so when the Xobni team let me know that they’ve update the application to v2.0.11 I hit the download button immediately.
- Free users can now also enjoy the Universal Search functionality (w/ daily limits)
- Edits in native BB address book now are updated in Xobni
- A users account is temporarily locked after 5 failed login attempts (when user is logged out)
- Added a “show password” checkbox on login screen to assist with small keyboard typing
- Added low memory state manager, to detect when device is low on memory
- Ability to restart a stopped contact scan due to server issues
- Edit contact details improvements and refinements
- Edit recipient screen improvements for composing emails and ability to set cc:, bcc:
- Xobni Pro icon shown for Pro users in all screens
- Improvements on forgot password dialog
- “Xobni Cloud” now used through app for updating Xobni Cloud
- Added a loading spinner to the LinkedIn login page for OS 5.0 and higher
Search & Ranking Improvements
- Search refinements for improved search recall and ranking
- Improvement to ranking to avoid new contacts from showing up too high in ranking
- Improvement on phone number parsing for 6.0 devices
- Merging improvements on initial load
- Ability to search for suffix titles (e,g: Dr., Mr., etc.)
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- International character (UTF-8) fix when posting updates, for foreign characters support
- Improvements and potential fix for email loss on app deletion/install
- Fix to be able to add Xobni contacts to bcc line
- Logout and login no longer prompts users to choose email accounts
- Login screen retry and error handling improvements
- Speed improvement for LinkedIn and Facebook profile rendering
- Fix for pictures taken on touchscreen device to be incorrectly rotated
- Only emails composed from Xobni, have Xobni signature appended (when on)
- Fix for properly showing the date of a meeting in Xobni for recurring meetings
- Loading spinner on facebook tab now detects if no profile match was found
- Fix for handling snooze correctly during initial contact loading & later resume loading
- Expanding the network section now selects the 1st member in the network
- Various improvements and fixes
If you already have Xobni they the update should be live and if you haven’t picked up xobni yet then head over to ShopTheBerryFix.com and pick up your copy for the low, low price of $1.99.
3:18 pm on May 4, 2011 |
Consumers are demanding high quality music and video media on their PlayBooks and while we already have the 7Digital music store and the BlackBerry Podcast player, we really don’t have a decent way to play HD music videos.
Yesterday RIM and Vevo (an online source for HD quality music videos) announced that they will be brining their popular tablet optimized application to the BlackBerry PlayBook. Vevo streams thousands of music videos right onto mobile devices and through their YouTube channel, but now you can get the best quality right onto your PlayBook. Though there is no official word on when the app will be available for download it’s safe to say we should see it in the coming weeks.
Just a few days ago RIM announced the finalists for the wireless achievement awards, there were some pretty impressive apps. Probably my most favourite app would have to be the Sherwin-Williams app, and yes I’m quite aware it’s a painting app but it’s still cool because essentially what the app lets you do is take a photo of something and then have some paint created to match the image…cool I know!
So today at BlackBerry World 2011 RIM has announced the winners, and the company that will take home the highly coveted BlackBerry World attendees choice award is Delta mobile app an application that makes flying a little less stressful. The full list of winners and the press release can be found after the break.
RIM Announces Wireless Achievement Award Recipients
Waterloo, ON - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the recipients of this year’s Wireless Achievement Awards at BlackBerry® World™ 2011.
The Wireless Achievement Awards are presented to customers who are doing business in new and innovative ways with BlackBerry products and services. These customers have mobilized corporate systems to help increase performance, impact the bottom line and simplify life for their employees.
2:49 pm on May 2, 2011 |
With BlackBerry World 2011 kicking off today RIM has made the PlayBook app for Blackberry World available for download. The application will allow you to access sessions, speakers, your agenda and more all on your PlayBook. The BlackBerry World app is also available for most BlackBerry smartphone handhelds through App World.
2:34 pm on May 2, 2011 |
Early on at CES we saw the first videos of TAT’s applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook. First we saw their weather application and then we were able to see their scrap booking app (my favourite) and now they have submitted the scrap booking application to App World and is now available for download. Check out the app and see what you can great, it’s actually quite simple and intuitive.
8:31 am on May 2, 2011 |
Since the PlayBooks launch the only way we’ve been able to access FaceBook was via their website. Today RIM has announced plans to launch FaceBook for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and will be demoed at BlackBerry World Conference. FaceBook for the PlayBook will allow you to access a of the core FaceBook features like;
- View and add friends
- Enjoy Seamless photo and video viewing
- Connect with friends using FaceBook chat
- View and interact with the news feed
The application is said to launch in the month of May shortly after the BlackBerry World event. Full press release can be found after the break.
May 2, 2011
RIM Announces New Facebook App for BlackBerry PlayBook
Waterloo, ON – Following on the success of the Facebook for BlackBerry® smartphones app, Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced Facebook for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ — a new app that delivers popular features of Facebook, optimized for the 7″ high resolution, multi-touch LCD display of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
“There are over 30 million users of our Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones app who are staying in touch with their social network while on the go,” said Tom Goguen, VP, Collaboration and Social Networking at Research In Motion, “Now with Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook we can also offer customers highly engaging social experiences optimized for the PlayBook including the ability to share FaceBook pictures and videos with friends and family on an HDTV.” (more…)
What FaceBook did to the internet AppVerse is about to do it to BlackBerry apps. AppVerse is a social network for applications, letting you read a nice quick review from someone within the community to help you decide if that fart sound app for your Torch is with $3.99 or not.
Joining AppVerse is super easy and your probably half way done and your don’t even know it! First sign up for an account at ShopTheBerryFix.com, then fill in some details about yourself and upload an avatar. After those simple steps you are on your way to reviewing and sharing apps with your Twitter and FaceBook friends!
I’ve been using it for a few weeks now so be sure to follow me TheBerryFix Zach and see what apps I’m downloading.
After a long awaited week, I can finally get back to my normal groove of things. I’ve been constantly looking through applications to find the ones I think have the most appeal at the moment. Right now I like simplifying things, and being able to customize things a little more. I found applications that help me when my memory gets the best of me, and how to improve problem solving skills.
Check out these apps, after the cut!
We’ve seen tones of photos of Poynt for the PlayBook but not one video. Today I’m going to take a quick look at Poynt on the BlackBerry PlayBook which, is available in App World. If you haven’t used Poynt before let me give you a little break down. Poynt is a location-based application for BlackBerry that gives you up to date information on movies, gas prices, restaurants and more, even allowing you to book a reservation at your favourite place to eat. For full details head over to Poynt.com or you can always watch out Poynt for the PlayBook video.
There’s very few things that I look for in an application. I just want something that works…. and maybe keeps track of my usage, and help pass the time… but who can really be picky. Today i’m bringing you a bunch of cool applications that will save you time and money. Manage your bills better, and have a game to keep you distracted in the process.
Check them out after the break!