Tag Archives: App World
12:48 pm on Feb 21, 2013 |
BlackBerry World has received an update today. This update is available for all BlackBerry users, from OS 4 devices all the way to BlackBerry 10. The update should be showing up on your BlackBerry, but if it’s not, you can download the update at the link below.
The change in BlackBerry World for users running OS 4 through 7.1 is a minimal one. This is just rebranding from “App World” to “BlackBerry World” for the inclusion of apps, music, and videos. The change for BlackBerry 10 users is a bit bigger. The updates for the BlackBerry 10 version of BlackBerry World include some minor bug fixes and enhancements that are meant to improve performance and battery life.
12:40 pm on Jan 21, 2013 |
RIM announced a while back that BlackBerry App World, the storefront for apps and games for BlackBerry OS, would be getting an overhaul for BlackBerry 10. The changes include a name change to just BlackBerry World and the addition of music and video content. That transition has started today, with BlackBerry World being the official, one-stop-shop for all apps, games, music, and movies for BlackBerry users.
Until BlackBerry 10 launches, the music and movies portion of BlackBerry World will be unavailable. This new storefront will serve as the place for downloads on your BlackBerry 7 smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, and BlackBerry 10 smartphone. You can hit the link below to check out the redesigned BlackBerry World.
- Check out the completely redesigned BlackBerry World
9:13 am on Nov 29, 2012 |
RIM announced last night at BlackBerry Jam Asia that BlackBerry App World is now rebranded. The portal, which was named App World because it was the place for applications only, is being renamed as just “BlackBerry World.” This shift is due to a change in content of the store. Beginning with BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry World will be the one-stop-shop for all entertainment on a BlackBerry device. From games, to music, to movies, BlackBerry World will be the place to go.
3:12 pm on Oct 18, 2012 |
Research In Motion has just revealed another piece of the BlackBerry 10 puzzle with the announcement of the music store content provider. Ben Drury, CEO of 7digital, has announced that their music platform will be the back-end for the BlackBerry Music Store in BlackBerry 10. 7
digital is the current partner that RIM has been using for music on the BlackBerry PlayBook and current BlackBerry Smartphones and will continue to be the provider when BlackBerry 10 launches in calendar Q1 of 2013. Here are some more tidbits RIM had to offer in regards to this announcement:
- BlackBerry 10 users will be able to browse, preview and purchase high quality digital music from BlackBerry App World, with over 22 million tracks available to them from the 7digital catalogue.
- The music section of the BlackBerry App World, powered by 7digital, will feature new releases, best sellers, regional selections, a full back catalog, independent artists and more.
- 7digital and RIM are working closely together to leverage both 7digital’s open music platform technology and BlackBerry platform abilities, such as the social integration and recommendation engines. 7digital’s platform allows BlackBerry App World to build digital music services into the core of the product.
I know that most people were hoping to see RIM come out with their own music store for BlackBerry 10; however, at this point in the game, it’s just not possible for RIM to both build an operating system and a content store. 7digital does a good job of handling music on the PlayBook and I’m sure it will only get better as they come to BlackBerry 10.
10:46 am on Oct 17, 2012 |
RIM has just released an update to BlackBerry App World. The update officially brings version 4.0 out of the BlackBerry Beta Zone and into official territory. The update, version 22.214.171.124, is now available for download and features the following changes:
- Integration with BlackBerry Commerce Payment Services for Credit Card and PayPal Purchases
- NFC Tag Integration
- Ability to Permanently Delete Apps from My World
- Ability to Re-Install All Apps From My World
- Automatic Find in My World
- SMS Authentication
- Removal of Gifting/Begging and Ringtones
The update is rolling out across the servers now, so if you’re not getting the update notification, just try again later. It can take up to 24 hours for updates to reach all users. You can grab the update manually from the link below or check for updates in App World.
App World has been around for a while and, until now, there hasn’t been a clear guide for what apps get approved and what apps get rejected. RIM has just released what they are calling the “BlackBerry App World Vetting Criteria” which helps developers know what not to include in their applications if they want App World approval. You can check out the brief criteria explanation past the break or just click the link below to check out the PDF containing the full criteria for apps in App World.
11:11 pm on Sep 26, 2012 |
Yesterday during the keynote at BlackBerry Jam Americas 2012, BlackBerry 10 was finally shown off to the public. One of the key features of BlackBerry 10 is App World. We all know App World in its current form; however, when BlackBerry 10 comes around, App World will be an entirely new experience. There is a ground-up redesign of the App World software for BlackBerry 10. You’ll have all the great apps and games available to you, plus music, movies, and TV shows. Check out the video above for a nice preview of the awesome, all-new, BlackBerry 10 App World.
5:04 pm on Sep 25, 2012 |
There is a ton of BlackBerry 10 action going on at BlackBerry Jam Americas right now, but what about current BlackBerry devices? Well, RIM has just released a huge update into the BlackBerry Beta Zone for current BlackBerry owners. BlackBerry App World 4.0 is now available for testing in the Beta Zone. App World 4.0 is the latest iteration of the store for all current BlackBerry devices. Some of the new features in this Beta release include:
- Integration with BlackBerry Commerce Payment Services for Credit Card and PayPal Purchases - BlackBerry Commerce is a payment service which manages all credit card and PayPal purchases and transactions made on BlackBerry App World 4.0
- NFC Tag Integration - NFC tag integration will allow users to swap applicatons lists
- Ability to Permanently Delete Apps from My World - Users are able to permanently delete apps from My World
- Ability to Re-Install All Apps From My World - Users will have the ability to re-install all apps from My World
- Automatic Find in My World - Automatic Find will allow users to search and find apps more easily in My World
- SMS Authentication - Will allow carrier billing to function for certain carriers who switch from WAP to SMS
- Removal of Gifting/Begging and Ringtones - Ability to remove ringtones when user receives a gift/beg
You can grab the update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone or click the link below to head over and get the download.
Source : CrackBerry
1:12 pm on Aug 29, 2012 |
RIM has just released a new update to BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) into BlackBerry App World. The update is version 126.96.36.199 and is now available for all users. The changes; however, only apply to users running BlackBerry OS 7.1. Those changes include the following:
- Broadcast messages now appear in purple
- Improved layout for the Chinese Handwriting feature
- Added support for Finnish
You can grab the update for free in BlackBerry App World or by clicking the link below.
It’s back to school season and RIM is making it easy for students to get ready to hit the books this fall. We have been featuring a guide from RIM on “Easing the Back to School Blues with BlackBerry” and now we’re showing you another handy guide RIM has for Black to School. The BlackBerry Back to School App Guide is being prominently featured in the App World carousel and it provides students with a list of 13 of the best apps for back to school. They range from the free Dictionary.com app to the $9.99 BrebsFlash Flashcard app. If you’re heading back to school with your BlackBerry, head on over to App World and stock up on some great apps for class.
RIM has just pushed to an updated version of BlackBerry App World. This new version, 188.8.131.52, doesn’t really bring a lot of new features, but instead makes the features of version 3.1 better. There are many bug fixes in this version, as well as the following changes:
- “Upgrade All” allows you to upgrade all apps at once
- Share your list of installed apps via NFC
- View friends’ installed apps via NFC
- App World is now BBM-Connected
These are all great features and the bug fixes are sure to make using App World a more pleasant experience. You can grab the update from the BlackBerry App World Site or refresh your existing copy of App World to get the download.
Source : CrackBerry
3:50 pm on Jul 6, 2012 |
RIM has announced today that they have hit a big milestone for the company. App World, the company’s application storefront that launched back in April of 2009, has reached Three Billion App downloads in just over three years of existence. This is a big announcement for a company that many think is on its way out. With over 28,000 App World vendors and over 90,000 available applications, RIM’s App World is proving that it can stand up against the likes of the App Store and Google Play. You can read all about RIM’s 3 Billion milestone at the Inside BlackBerry Developers Blog, linked below.
10:01 am on Jun 27, 2012 |
Have you been wondering what App World will look like in BlackBerry 10? Well, wonder no more, because the conceptual designs for the BlackBerry 10 iteration of App World have been leaked. What you see above, and past the break, are the initial conceptual designs for BlackBerry App World. While this isn’t 100% what we’ll see when BlackBerry 10 launches, it gives us a good idea of the look and feel that RIM is going for in BlackBerry 10. Take a look at the images and let us know what you think of the design.
RIM has released an official update to BlackBerry App World. This update brings the latest official version to 184.108.40.206. This update brings all of the features of the latest Beta Zone App World release to the official version of the BlackBerry storefront. Some of the new features in this release include:
- Find an app in “My World” by typing a keyword term
- “Other Devices” filter view in “My World” allows you to filter out apps not available for your device e.g. PlayBook Apps
- Announce downloads to BBM Status
- NFC is now an additional method to share a single app
- A new “Share” channel in the App World Home page allows you to share your app list via NFC
- Various Bug Fixes
You should be prompted in App World that you have an upgrade available. If not, hold down ALT then press R-S-T and your App World cache will reset and the update should appear. If you don’t already have App World installed, click the link below for the download.
- News: The News category has been expanded to include magazines. This category is now called News and Magazines and includes Blogs as a subcategory.
- Beta: The Beta category is discontinued. The apps located the Beta category have been moved to relevant categories.
- Reference and eBooks & Education: The Books and Reference category has been divided in to separate categories so that these are now individual categories respectively. The Reference category includes Education. This new category is Education & Reference.
- Shopping: The Shopping category has been renamed Lifestyle.
- Maps & Navigation: The Maps & Navigation category now includes Travel and has been renamedNavigation and Travel.
- Music Creation (*NEW*): There is a new subcategory Music Creation available under the Music and Audio category.
- Children’s Categories (*NEW*): There are two new children’s focused categories:
- New Children’s Games category within the Games Channel
- New Children’s Books subcategory within the Books category
Source : Berryreview.com