Tag Archives: 2012
8:30 am on Jul 24, 2012 |
The 2012 Olympic Games start this Friday in London and if you plan on being a part of history, you’ll need the proper app for your BlackBerry. The official London 2012 app for both the Olympic and Paralympic is now available in BlackBerry App World. The app includes the following features that will keep you in the action for this year’s Olympics:
- What’s on: full and up-to-date event listings for thousands of exciting activities, including free events, London 2012 Festival cultural events and big screens (Live Sites), across London and the UK – find out what’s happening near you, on an hour-by-hour basis.
- Torch today: view the Olympic Torch Relay with street-level routes for 1000+ communities over 70 days, and details of Torchbearers. View the current Torch position in real time using the Torch Tracker function.
- Paralympic Torch Relay: find out about the Flame Festivals taking place across the UK in August.
- Spectator guide: get searchable maps, details of facilities and information about how to get the best out of your historic day out.
- Road events: find out about free medal events such as the Marathon and Road Cycling Race.
- Jump to: interactive, searchable maps of the Olympic and Paralympic Torch Relays, the UK, London and the Olympic Park.
- Detail maps: access and seating maps for the Olympic Park and 20+ venues.
- Live updates: news, photos and social commentary from the Games.
- My Games: create a personal schedule creation to help you plan your Olympic and Paralympic experience.
- Facebook, Twitter and BBM integration: tweet, upload photos, post to your wall, check-in and let your friends know what you’re doing.
10:58 pm on Apr 27, 2012 |
What have we here? Could this really be the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device that attendees of the BlackBerry 10 Jam next week will be receiving? From what we know and what we’ve heard, the answer is looking like a definite YES. We know that the festivities are heating up down in Orlando, and though the actual event doesn’t start till next week, many devs are already there.
The photos of this device, which can be seen above and past the break, show exactly what we have been hearing about BlackBerry 01 devices. It looks like a miniature PlayBook with the same button scheme and a slightly different camera layout. This is NOT a device that will be going on sale, but developers will have them and start making awesome applications on them. The actual device launching later this year will most likely resemble this, but with more embellishments. We’ll be bringing you all the BlackBerry World and Jam action, so keep it here at TheBerryFix. Be sure to check the other photos of this device past the break.
Source : CrackBerry