RIM has pushed out the Scoreloop social gaming SDK v1.0 for developer use on PlayBook OS 2.0. This SDK allows developers to use the Scoreloop system, which RIM acquired last year, for things like high-scores and achievements. This SDK allows developers easy access and development for:
- Leaderboards – Allow players to compete on regional and global leaderboards
- Awards and Achievements – Keep players engaged with challenging achievements
- Player Challenges – Add competitive edge with social challenges
- Player Profiles – Personalize the experience with editable profiles
- Friend Management – Spur competition between closest rivals
This new technology is available now for developers to begin implementing into their applications. RIM worked with the developers of Kami Retro HD to implement the Scoreloop SDK into their app as a conceptual design for other developers to follow. If you’re a developer and interested in using the Scoreloop SDK in your app, hit the link below for all the details.
Source : BlackBerry DevBlog