2:17 pm on Jan 16, 2013 |
RIM has been hosting BlackBerry 10 Port-A-Thons where thousands of app developers have easily ported their applications over to BlackBerry from other platforms. The last chance Port-A-Thon starts January 18th at Noon EST and continues for 36 hours. Here are some requirements and what you’re eligible for if you port:
- Port one or more approved apps and you’ll receive $100 per eligible app, to a maximum of 20 paid applications per Vendor
- Additionally, submit five (5) or more apps and be entered into a random draw for one (1) of two hundred and fifty (250) Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 devices. You’ll receive one (1) entry for the first five (5) approved apps and an additional entry for each approved app after that.
Be sure to check out all the details for this last chance even on RIM’s BlackBerry Developer Blog, which is linked below. Porting is easy and pays off very quickly.
- Learn More at the BlackBerry Developer Blog
1:59 pm on Jan 16, 2013 |
RIM has announced today that their Secure Element Manager using NFC has been officially approved by Visa as an authorized mobile payment provider. This is a big step for RIM in making mobile payments via NFC a major feature on BlackBerry. Check out the full Press Release for all the details.
RIM Receives Approval from Visa for Mobile Payment Solution
WATERLOO, ON – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that its Secure Element Manager (SEM) solution for NFC (Near Field Communication) mobile payments has been approved by Visa. RIM’s SEM is the backend solution for carriers that can securely manage credentials on SIM (subscriber identity module) cards installed in all types of NFC-capable mobile devices.
1:52 pm on Jan 16, 2013 |
We’ve seen some small leaks of the upcoming BlackBerry X10 QWERTY keyboard device, but now we’re getting an even better look. An Instagram user has posted some shots of the X10. One model is connected to Verizon’s network and the other isn’t showing a carrier connection. This device looks almost identical to the current Bold 9900, but with a much larger touch display. Enjoy these shots, they are likely the last few we will see before RIM officially unveils this device on January 30th.
Source : Crackberry
9:57 am on Jan 14, 2013 |
While Canadian and US carriers have been confirming that BlackBerry 10 is coming, European carriers haven’t been so giddy about announcing RIM’s new platform. EE one of the first European, and UK specific, carriers to announce that BlackBerry 10 will be launching on their network this year. EE is one of the European carriers that feature 4G LTE and this is great for BlackBerry fans looking to get the most out of their BlackBerry 10 device. We don’t have any concrete details on when the actual launch will be, just that it is happening in the first quarter of this year. Stay tuned to TheBerryFix for all the latest.
Source : EE Twitter
1:21 pm on Jan 12, 2013 |
We have a leaked roadmap from T-Mobile’s internal channels showing a launch date for BlackBerry 10. And the date is not what anyone was hoping for; however, it’s not concrete and could change. The date is March 27th and it actually falls in line well with what we have heard from T-Mobile representatives. They have stated that T-Mobile will be launching BlackBerry 10 “later this year.” March would qualify well with that statement. Either way, we know T-Monile is getting BlackBerry 10. So, if you’re on that network you’ll get a chance to have the BlackBerry 10 goodness sometime this year.
Source : TmoNews
11:23 am on Jan 12, 2013 |
We know that RIM is revealing BlackBerry 10 on January 30th; however, it’s only a reveal and not a release. The actual release could come anytime after the 30th, be it February 1st or March 31st. We have some new leaked information that shows the launch date may actually be somewhere in the middle of that range. The information shows BlackBerry 10 launching on Bell on February 28th. The leaked image also shows a price for the device, $799. This date and price would line up well with what we’ve been hearing, but we won’t know for sure till January 30th.
Source : BGR
11:18 am on Jan 12, 2013 |
We’ve heard before that BlackBerry Desktop Manager was going to be replaced with the aptly named ‘BlackBerry Link’ when BlackBerry 10 rolls out. Now we have more confirmation and some good images of the newly designed syncing interface. BlackBerry Link looks much more modern and the interface is much cleaner than past installs of BlackBerry DM. Check out the rest of the images past the break and get ready to link your BlackBerry 10 device up with this software sometime soon.
3:06 pm on Jan 10, 2013 |
This week at CES 2013 in Vegas, RIM didn’t have a booth and there weren’t any major announcements from partners. This, however, didn’t mean that RIM wasn’t present at the biggest and most important electronics show every year. RIM was meeting secretly with partners and potential partners in backrooms at CES. There were also big confirmations from the 4 major American carriers regarding BlackBerry 10. Read on past the break for how the confirmation from each carrier came in.
11:22 am on Jan 9, 2013 |
We saw the Verizon branded BlackBerry 10 touchscreen device debut last week in a quick photo. Now, we’ve gotten an even better look at the device, thanks to a foreign source. These photos, which can be seen after the break, show off a dummy version of the first full-touchscreen, BlackBerry 10 device with Verizon branding. There’s not much more to say about this besides wait until January 30th and we’ll have all the details.
3:32 pm on Jan 8, 2013 |
It’s a new year, 2013, and it’s time for a new you. New Year’s resolutions almost always include getting healthier and more fit, and BlackBerry has you covered. The following is a list of five free apps, brought to you by RIM, that help you meet your resolutions and get into better shape in 2013:
- Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal(Free): Weight loss is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions. With the largest food database of any BlackBerry calorie counter (over 1,700,000 foods), and fast food and exercise entry, MyFitnessPal is a fast and easy diet app that will help you take those extra pounds off.
- Gym Technik (Free): Many of us make efforts to stay fit and healthy. Whether you’re just getting started on a fitness regimen in the New Year or are a seasoned gym rat, Gym Technik is a handy mobile web application that assists in planning your workout routines and keeping track of them on the spot. The app offers workout guidance and allows you to track workouts, body stats, and schedule monthly workout routines to motivate and reach fitness goals faster.
- adidas miCoach (Free): Can’t afford a personal trainer? No need! With adidas miCoach, put your trainer in the palm of your hand. GPS and real time audible coaching keep you going past your personal best; you can choose a training plan customized for your sport and build the speed and endurance to go even farther. Sync up to miCoach.com so you can save and view your detailed workout analysis.
- Endomondo Sports Tracker (Free): For those taking on a new activity while staying fit, Endomondo Sports Tracker allows you to use your mobile as a free personal coach and training partner. Using the built-in GPS, it tracks your running, cycling, hiking, kayaking, skiing – you name it! As a bonus, you get audio feedback while working out and, for an extra motivator, you can see your friends’ latest workouts in real-time.
- Quit Smoking Tracker (Free): Stick to that resolution to stop smoking with the help of Quit Smoking Tracker. Quit Smoking tracks your current and potential smoking habits beginning the minute it’s activated – the app keeps track of how much time you have quit smoking and helps you stay motivated. You can track the amount of money saved, the life you extended and the number of cigarettes you avoided since you quit smoking.
12:33 pm on Jan 8, 2013 |
Virgin Mobile Canada is the latest Canadian carrier to open a pre-registration page for customers who may be interested in BlackBerry 10. The page is very similar to others online now, featuring a brief overview of BlackBerry 10, a signup page, and a contest to win a BlackBerry 10 device at launch. Click below to head over to Virgin Mobile and pre-register for BlackBerry 10.
- BlackBerry 10 at Virgin Mobile Canada
10:22 am on Jan 8, 2013 |
QNX is a leader when it comes to infotainment in vehicles. The RIM owned company is a driving force in-vehicle innovation and they don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. The latest push they are making is with the release of QNX CAR Platform 2.0. They are showing off the platform at CES 2013. Read all about QNX CAR 2.0 in the Press Release below.
QNX Announces Release of QNX CAR Platform 2.0
Platform already being adopted by automotive community for next-generation infotainment systems
LAS VEGAS, 2013 International CES (North Hall, Booth 1837), January 8 — QNX Software Systems Limited, a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, today announced that a release of the QNX CAR™ application platform 2.0 and of its associated tooling environment, the QNX CAR™ development platform 2.0, is now available to the automotive community.
10:44 pm on Jan 7, 2013 |
If you’re a TELUS customer and are waiting for details on the soon to be released BlackBerry 10 platform, then look no further. Today TELUS has opened their information page for BlackBerry 10. The info page offers some insight to the new platform, but also lets you sign up for updates. The updates will include information on when you can pre-order your device, as well as BlackBerry 10 features. Grab the link below to head over to the TELUS webpage to get all the details.
11:58 am on Jan 4, 2013 |
Today we have confirmation from another carrier that BlackBerry 10 is coming to their network. Bell is the latest network to confirm BlackBerry 10, and they aren’t just confirming it. They have set up a page where you can pre-register for updates and enter a contest to win 1 of 5 BlackBerry 10 devices at launch. The contest runs from now until January 30th, when RIM will reveal BlackBerry 10 and release launch details. Hit the link below to register for the contest at Bell.
- Sign up to win a BlackBerry 10 device from Bell
5:44 pm on Jan 3, 2013 |
Earlier today we told you about the new BlackBerry Curve 9315 coming to T-Mobile this month. Now we have some information on the Curve 9320 coming to Bell Canada. Some internal documentation shows that Bell has ordered a batch of 9320′s and they will be launching on January 11th. This device has been on sale at various other retailers and now Bell is looking to get in on the action. Rumor has it that the 9320 will be retailing for $199.95. If you’re looking for a low-end BlackBerry device, this would be a great one to get, as RIM won’t be launching any low-end BlackBerry 10 devices for quite some time.
Source : Mobile Syrup