CNBC Pro is a new application for BlackBerry that allows you to get the latest news, stock prices and information, and view live CNBC content all from your BlackBerry. Some of the main features are:
- Real-time global market data – Access 100+ exchanges around the world and across asset classes, including equities, real estate, commodities, futures, bonds, currencies, indices and futures
- Custom Real-Time Price & Exclusive CNBC Breaking News Alerts – See breaking stock market news, analysis and expert investment opinions. Set the triggers that matter most to you and CNBC will alert your BlackBerry when they fire!
- Live CNBC TV & VOD Archive – Watch CNBC US, CNBC Europe and CNBC Asia Pacific live programming anytime, and get on-demand archive access to more than 200,000 CNBC clips
- Unlimited Personalization – Create and track your favorite securities, in real-time, with access to integrated charts and live CNBC related news headlines
- Superior Analytics – View company-specific news, videos, profiles and key metrics. Check rankings, analysis, and historical charts, and see which countries have the highest interest rates to securities that are the most/least volatile
- Automatic Mobile/Desktop Sync – Sync your personal settings between your computer and BlackBerry so you’ll never be without the market news and information you need!
The application and full access to the service is available on a monthly basis for $24.99 or you can purchase a yearly subscription for $269.99. The subscription gives you unlimited access to CNBC content both on your computer and BlackBerry. If you’re interested in this app there is a free trial available so you can check it out before you make the nearly 300 dollar commitment. You can check out the full press release from CNBC after the break and check out the app and free trial at the link below.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, December 14, 2010 – CNBC, first in business worldwide, announced today the global launch of CNBC PRO(http://pro.cnbc.com/info). A new premium, professional-level online and mobile service, CNBC PRO provides subscribers with a comprehensive suite of features and services including real-time global market data from over 100 exchanges worldwide, live access to CNBC global programming and Real-Time price and news alerts.
“For investors around the globe, having access to the Real-Time market data, news and information they need whenever, wherever they are, has become essential to being successful in these challenging economic times,” said Scott Drake, Vice President, CNBC Digital. “CNBC has always been in the business of delivering the best Real-Time financial information and we are proud to now offer CNBC PRO as the affordable solution for active investors on the go.”
CNBC PRO features include:
Real-Time Global Market Data
o 100+ exchanges from around the world, covering 95% of the world’s market cap
o Cross Asset Classes
-Land and Real Estate
Custom Real-Time Price & Exclusive CNBC Breaking News Alerts
o Real-Time data with mobile push technology means you will never have to miss a market event
o Set the triggers that matter most to you and CNBC PRO will let you know when they fire
o Push notifications alert users to critical business news breaking around the world.
o Plus, all the stock market news, top stories, instant analysis and expert opinions on investing that only CNBC can provide – updated throughout the day
Live CNBC TV & VOD Archive
o Watch CNBC US, CNBC Europe and CNBC Asia Pacific live programming anytime from your desktop or BlackBerry® smartphone.
o Video-on-demand archive access to more than 200,000 clips including CEO & analysts interviews
o My CNBC – subscribers can create and track their favorite securities, in Real-Time, with access to integrated charts, live CNBC and related news headlines
o Stocks on CNBC – access to the top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC
o Ability to configure desktop layout so that users can see first what matters most to them
o From which countries have the highest interest rates to securities that are the most/least volatile, CNBC PRO provides quick rankings and analysis across asset classes
o Real-Time Interactive & Historical Charts – offering custom timeframes from one day to 5 years, including pre & post market trading
o Company specific news, videos, profiles, returns and key metrics
On Your Phone and on Your Desktop
o CNBC PRO goes where you go and automatically syncs your personal settings between your computer and BlackBerry® smartphone
At launch, CNBC PRO (http://pro.cnbc.com/info)will be available at the introductory price of $24.99 a month or $269.99 a year. Complete pricing information is available here. CNBC is offering members of the press a free, 30-day trial subscription. To arrange your press pass, please contact Amy Zelvin at email@example.com or 201-735-4740.
CNBC worked with CarryQuote, an award-winning pioneer in mobile real-time financial information solutions, to develop and launch CNBC PRO. In addition to the CNBC PRO retail product, the companies have collaborated to develop CarryQuote Enterprise CNBC Edition, a private label mobile/desktop solution that will be available to financial institutions worldwide in January 2011.
CNBC PRO is currently available on all desktops and BlackBerry® smartphones running OS 4.5 and higher. In early 2011, PRO will also be available on other smartphones and mobile devices including the iPhone/iPad, Android phones and Nokia phones.
The BlackBerry® and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.