12:27 pm on Nov 3, 2011 |
Tether, the popular solution for free internet tethering with your BlackBerry SmartPhone, has just announced a huge price drop. The app has retailed for $49.99 for the past 3 years and will now be selling for just $29.99. Tether is a great way for those with an unlimited BlackBerry Data package to get free internet tethering for their Mac or PC anywhere they have a cellular connection. Tether has also updated their software, so it you’re an existing user then there’s an update waiting for you. You can download Tether from the link below.
RIM promised us some free applications as a “Thank You Gift” for sticking with BlackBerry through the outages and now some of those applications are live in App World and available for download. The first app available is DriveSafe.ly Pro, a $19.99 app, and the second is Bubble Bash 2, an app the retails for $4.99. These, and all the free Thank You Apps, will be found in the new “A Thank You Gift” category in App World. Check back often as RIM will be adding new free apps every few days. Now that the gifting has started, do you feel RIM is doing a good job at making reparations for the outage?
4:45 pm on Oct 19, 2011 |
RIM has just let us know that Twitter for BlackBerry v2.1 is now available for download in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This 2.1 update brings the following two big features to the application:
- Additional Profile Functions – The ‘My Profile’ will have two new icons: Edit Profile and Switch Accounts. Now users can use the Edit Profile icon right from the Profile screen to change a picture or update personal information.
- Multi-Account Support - The new Multiple Account Support feature allows users to have up to five accounts on their Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones app. When logged into multiple accounts, the current user name will appear in the upper-left corner of the header bar and the user picture will appear in the My Profile icon. Users can switch between accounts by using the Switch Account function, accessible from My Profile or via the Menu. Users can also cross-post Tweets and Retweets from one account to another without switching the current account view.
These new features are available to all BlackBerry Beta Zone members who wish to upgrade. The multiple account feature is a big one that many users have been asking for and is finally here. You can read more about the update at the Inside BlackBerry Blog and if you’re interested in downloading the update, you can grab it at the Beta Zone link listed below.
12:15 pm on Oct 14, 2011 |
The team over at Smarter Apps has let us know about their latest soon-to-be-a-hit game for the BlackBerry. Zombie Attack pits you, the human, against a plethora of attacking zombies. Your mission is to save yourself, and earth, from the oncoming Zombie attackers. The game features 100 beautiful levels and works on BlackBerry SmartPhones running OS 4.6 or higher. For a limited time, Smarter Apps is giving away Zombie Attack for free. If you’re interested in a high-quality game for your BlackBerry then you can read the full description of the game after the break or click the link below to get your free copy today.
Foursquare for BlackBerry has gotten the update treatment today. The newest version, version 3.3, brings only one big change, the Foursquare app icon. Foursquare has made a major change in the look of their app icon and this change is displayed in the latest update. In addition to the icon change, there are some bug fixes and speed improvements, but nothing major or noticeable. It’s nice to see Foursquare updating the BlackBerry app but it’s still pretty far behind the other versions. Hopefully the Foursquare team will remedy that soon.
11:52 am on Oct 7, 2011 |
Its been almost a month since we’ve seen a decent leaked OS for any BlackBerry 7 devices with OS 18.104.22.1680 being the latest leaked version. Today OS 22.214.171.1240 has leaked onto the web for all to download. As it stands we’re not to sure what has been fixed and what has been broken, if you’re brave enough to download it let us know your findings in the comments below.
If you’re a power buyer or ebay seller, you’ll want to hit up the BlackBerry Beta Zone and get the newest version of ebay for BlackBerry. The application brings along a lot of new features as well as BlackBerry 7 support, some of the new features are:
- BBM Connected –Post a recently purchased item as your personal message or share a listing with your BBM contacts and chat through BBM. You can even invite them to download the application if they don’t already have it.
- New User Interface – The user interface has been completely redesigned and updated, while maintaining core eBay design and functionality, to provide users with a closely integrated BlackBerry /eBay experience.
- Sell from your device – Create and publish a listing on eBay from just about anywhere. With core integration to your BlackBerry Camera and photo library, you can upload an image to the listing you created, directly from your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Improved buying experience – Looking for a collector’s item? The advanced search makes it easier to find what you’re looking for. Modify your search with your preferences and indicate whether you’re looking for a new or used item, which country sites you’d like to search and more!
This app is available in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. With the selling feature available to customers in the United Kingdom and the United States.
So, if you’re an ebay addict or just need a few cool things and love the action from an auction, hit up the link below and download ebay 2.0 for BlackBerry from Beta Zone.
1:20 pm on Sep 15, 2011 |
If you’re a CDMA BlackBerry 7 device owner and a fan of official OS builds over the leaked versions then this post may be of great interest to you. An official OS update for the Bold 9930, Curve 9350, and Torch 9850 has just been released by PTCI. The update is build number 126.96.36.1992 for all three devices and should bring some nice changes and bug fixes to your BlackBerry 7 device. Hit the link below and select your device from the drop-down menu to get the update.
9:00 am on Sep 9, 2011 |
The popular music streaming service, Pandora, has just updated their BlackBerry app to v1.1.11. The update brings support for all BlackBerry 7 devices and a few other fixes and improvements to the application. Many people have asked if Pandora will remain relevant now that BBM Music has debuted, and my answer is a definite YES! Many people will not want to pay the monthly fee for BBM Music when they can get streaming based on artists and songs they like on Pandora for free. If you’re still a Pandora fan, you can grab the update at the link below.
Foursquare users rejoice! The BlackBerry version of Foursquare has just received another update bringing the official version to 3.2.5. This new update doesn’t add any new features, but it enhances the features that are already there. The changes include:
- Improved location support
- Fixes to the checkin flow that affected older devices
- Fixes to special details on venue pages
- Larger venue icons
- Improved add venue flow
These are all good improvements that will help make your Foursquare experience better in the long run. Hit the link below to grab Foursquare for App World and then get to checking-in!
1:17 pm on Sep 7, 2011 |
UberSocial, the most popular 3rd-party Twitter client for BlackBerry, has just been updated to version 1.250. This new version brings many enhancements and new features, most importantly, support for BlackBerry 7. The full list of changes includes:
- Direct support for the latest OS 7 BlackBerry devices
- For BlackBerry OS 6.0 and 7.0 devices we now support the home screen message notification bar so DM’s, @replies/mentions and inner circle tweets will show up there for quick access from the device home screen. When you see the mini UberSocial icon, click the bar and the tweets/DM’s that caused the notification will be displayed along with a snippet of the tweet. Clicking the tweet snippet will take you directly to it.
- Fixed bug where mini-icon would sometimes have a zero next to it
- Improved load times for the inner circle timeline
- Added a ‘Theme’ menu item so you can easily change themes from the home timeline without going into options
- Changed the menu text of ‘My Timeline’ to ‘My Tweets’ to more accurately reflect the functionality
- Support for new device screen sizes for installable themes
These are some big updates that push the app even farther ahead of the native Twitter for BlackBerry application. Hopefully this competition will motivate RIM to further refine the native app. You can get UberSocial using the link below and selecting your current Operating System.
12:56 pm on Sep 1, 2011 |
Foursquare has long been a staple for BlackBerry owners looking to get into the location check-in game. Today Foursquare for BlackBerry has been updated with an overhaul of the User Interface and addition of many new features. These features include:
- In line specials
- Improved BBM support and performance across a range of devices
- Redesign of the Venue and Checkin screen
- Updates to location/gps logic
- As always, small tweaks and bug fixes to improve battery life and performance
- Greater support for a range of screen densities
These are some great updates that will help to bring the BlackBerry version of Foursquare up to date with the versions on other platforms. One thing the BlackBerry version has that others do not is the BBM Integration. If you’re a Foursquare fan you’ll want to grab this update today!
8:58 pm on Aug 24, 2011 |
Wow, this is quite a massive leak we have tonight. OS 188.8.131.523 has leaked for all five of the newly released BlackBerry 7 devices. Those devices are the Bold 9900 and 9930, Torch 9810, 9850, and 9860. There’s no word on what has changed in any of these OS updates. If you own any of these new BlackBerry 7 devices and want to keep up with the latest available OS, check out the appropriate link below to get started.
**WARNING: These are not an official releases for BlackBerry and therefore have not been fully tested and may contain bugs. TheBerryFix.com cannot be held responsible for any issues that may arise ether during or after installation. You are installing the leak by choice. To help the BlackBerry community please don’t forget to post your findings in the forums.
If you already have a brand new BlackBerry Torch 9810 I would imagine you’re pretty happy with the device and the stock OS that came loaded on it. But if you’re one of those users that always want to have the latest and greatest OS on your device or you want to see if RIM has included any new features in higher OS builds, then you’ll want to give this leak a try. OS 184.108.40.2066 for the Torch 9810 has leaked and is available for download at the link below. There’s no word yet as to what has changed in this OS and, as always, back up your device and use caution when installing a leaked OS.
**WARNING: This is not an official release for BlackBerry and therefore has not been fully tested and may contain bugs. TheBerryFix.com cannot be held responsible for any issues that may arise ether during or after installation. You are installing the leak by choice. To help the BlackBerry community please don’t forget to post your findings in the comments.
Applications are all the rage with smartphone users these days, and rightfully so. With BlackBerry’s rapidly expanding application space, App World, users have access to a vast library of high quality apps. To get everyone in the Back to School spirit, RIM has put together the following list of BlackBerry apps that can help make class a little easier to handle.
Down to Business
Access and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments through your BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry PlayBook. Bring computer documents with you when you’re on the go with Dropbox, and take notes and stay organized with the Notes for the BlackBerry PlayBook. The BlackBerry News Feeds app and BlackBerry News App for PlayBook keep you up to speed with current events, and the Kobo e-reader lightens the load, so those heavy text books won’t weigh you down.
Make quick plans with friends and keep in touch with parents on the go, for free with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). Looking to get everyone together for dinner on campus or planning a team meeting? BlackBerry Messenger groups let everyone contribute to the same conversation so that organizing the group is fast and easy. With BBM 6, BBM is integrated with your favorite apps, like Poynt, foursquare, ScoreMobile and Huffington Post, so that you can share restaurant information, sports scores, games and interesting articles with BBM friends. Stay on top of club meetings, courses, lectures and homework assignments with Student Buddy, while Facebook and Twitter make sure you never miss a beat with your high school friends back home.
Keep entertained during study breaks with applications like Slacker, Tetris and Need for Speed. Got some down time between classes? Bring the BlackBerry PlayBook from room-to-room to share the latest YouTube sensation with your floor mates. Easily hook up the PlayBook to a TV monitor using an HDMI cable to bring all your videos, games, and music to the big screen. Going out to the movies this weekend? Use Flixster to buy movie tickets and share reviews, trailers and ratings with friends.