- News: The News category has been expanded to include magazines. This category is now called News and Magazines and includes Blogs as a subcategory.
- Beta: The Beta category is discontinued. The apps located the Beta category have been moved to relevant categories.
- Reference and eBooks & Education: The Books and Reference category has been divided in to separate categories so that these are now individual categories respectively. The Reference category includes Education. This new category is Education & Reference.
- Shopping: The Shopping category has been renamed Lifestyle.
- Maps & Navigation: The Maps & Navigation category now includes Travel and has been renamedNavigation and Travel.
- Music Creation (*NEW*): There is a new subcategory Music Creation available under the Music and Audio category.
- Children’s Categories (*NEW*): There are two new children’s focused categories:
- New Children’s Games category within the Games Channel
- New Children’s Books subcategory within the Books category
Source : Berryreview.com
The latest update for Blackberry Bridge came out late today, with a fix for predictive text issues on Playbook OS 2.0.1. It isn’t a huge update but one that I’m sure most of us Playbook users have been waiting for. Check out App World or use the link below to get the updated version.
Source : crackberry
Perhaps in preparation for all the news that will be coming from Blackberry World and Jam this week, Twitter for Blackberry was updated to 126.96.36.199 this morning. There are only a few minor bug fixes and changes with this update, check them out below.
- Fixed error preventing some users from launching app
- Fixed a freezing issue that some users encountered when becoming BBM connected
- Limited valid username characters when signing up for new Twitter account
- Re-enabled Profile Location mapping for latitude/longitude coordinates
- Fix continuous loading bug when encountering certain tweets
If you are interested in getting the new updated Twitter for Blackberry check out the link below and happy twitting.
3:58 pm on Mar 6, 2012 |
**Update: Currently this offer is for BlackBerry Subscribers in the US only.**
RIM has been offering some Free PlayBook games to promote PlayBook OS 2.0, and now they are doing a similar promotion for owners of BlackBerry OS 7 devices. Anytime between now and May 31st, BlackBerry OS 7 users can download a ton of free apps and games “Compliments of BlackBerry.” Some of the offered apps include:
- Fixmo Tools
- Screen Muncher
- Color ID
- Pinball Deluxe
- And many, many more!!!
As long as you’re on BlackBerry OS 7, hit the link below to check out all of the games that RIM is offering “Compliments of BlackBerry.” Make sure you check it out and download the ones you want before May 31st. The games you’ll be looking for will clearly state “Compliments of BlackBerry” in the app title. Happy Downloading!
12:26 am on Feb 22, 2012 |
RIM has added one more update to the list for today with the release of BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac version 2.3. This update for Mac users brings some additional features and enhancements for PlayBook OS 2.0. The full change log from RIM says the following:
“With BlackBerry® Desktop Software 2.3, you can synchronize your media files, back up and restore your data, and update software on BlackBerry® PlayBookTM tablets running BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0. For more information about this release, visit http://www.blackberry.com/desktop/docs/.”
If you’re a Mac users, especially if you’re a Mac and PlayBook user, you’ll want to grab this update to keep your BlackBerry Desktop Software current. You’ll be prompted to update if you open Desktop Software on your Mac or you can grab the download from the link below.
2:14 pm on Jan 9, 2012 |
The latest iteration of RIMs proprietary messaging platform, BBM, has been in beta form for the past few months and today during the 2012 Consumer Electronics show RIM took the wraps of the new client. BBM version 188.8.131.52 is now available for all BlackBerry users. The new version brings along a slew of bug fixes, enhancements and new additions that are sure to keep you BBM’ing along smoothly.
New in BlackBerry Messenger v184.108.40.206
- Animated avatars
- 12 new emoticons
- Increased character count for personal messages
- Colored chat bubbles
- Camera/Display Picture Integration
- Support for BlackBerry Tag (found in OS7.1)
So if you’re feeling like a change and want to get in on the latest version of BBM then make sure you backup your BBM contact list (check in the BBM options menu) and grab the download link provided or check App World for an update. Let us know your thoughts!
12:10 pm on Nov 23, 2011 |
Foursquare has just released a big update for their BlackBerry app. The update to v3.4.1 brings some new features that BlackBerry users have been waiting for. The new features included in this update are:
- Check-in details for you and your friends
- UI changes, including the friend management screen and help menu navigation.
- Added the ability to share your tips on your BBM profile
- Updated GPS technology to clear up location issues and improve battery life
- More updates and bug fixes
These additions help to put the BlackBerry app on more even ground, but we’re still behind on some of the features that other platforms have. I’m thinking that once BBX hits, we won’t be left behind any longer when it comes to app development. If you’re a Foursquare user, and you want to get the latest features on your Berry, hit the link below.
11:44 am on Nov 23, 2011 |
A new version of Twitter for BlackBerry has just been made available in the Beta Zone. This version, 220.127.116.11, includes several bug fixes and speed improvements. Some of the fixes include:
- Timeline – Freezing while scrolling
- Timeline – Loading icon remains on screen, new items do not appear
- Touch screen – Retry button does not respond to touch
If you’re using the current Twitter for BlackBerry Beta or just want to try out the latest version, hit the link below to grab it from the Beta Zone.
3:28 pm on Nov 11, 2011 |
Smarter Apps has just let us know that there’s a free update to Zombie Attack available in App World. This new update brings 100 additional levels for players to destroy the evil zombies. Zombie Attack is the latest in a long line of high quality games from the Smarter Apps crew. This game is available free for a limited time, so be sure to download your copy today to get in on all the Zombie action!
RIM has just updated their native Podcast downloading application to v18.104.22.168. There’s no word from RIM on what changes have been made in this update, so we can assume it’s mostly bug fixes and speed improvements. Hopefully RIM has fixed the issues many were experiencing with new podcast episodes not being downloaded. Let us know if you find any changes in this update.
12:27 pm on Nov 3, 2011 |
Tether, the popular solution for free internet tethering with your BlackBerry SmartPhone, has just announced a huge price drop. The app has retailed for $49.99 for the past 3 years and will now be selling for just $29.99. Tether is a great way for those with an unlimited BlackBerry Data package to get free internet tethering for their Mac or PC anywhere they have a cellular connection. Tether has also updated their software, so it you’re an existing user then there’s an update waiting for you. You can download Tether from the link below.
RIM promised us some free applications as a “Thank You Gift” for sticking with BlackBerry through the outages and now some of those applications are live in App World and available for download. The first app available is DriveSafe.ly Pro, a $19.99 app, and the second is Bubble Bash 2, an app the retails for $4.99. These, and all the free Thank You Apps, will be found in the new “A Thank You Gift” category in App World. Check back often as RIM will be adding new free apps every few days. Now that the gifting has started, do you feel RIM is doing a good job at making reparations for the outage?
4:45 pm on Oct 19, 2011 |
RIM has just let us know that Twitter for BlackBerry v2.1 is now available for download in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This 2.1 update brings the following two big features to the application:
- Additional Profile Functions – The ‘My Profile’ will have two new icons: Edit Profile and Switch Accounts. Now users can use the Edit Profile icon right from the Profile screen to change a picture or update personal information.
- Multi-Account Support - The new Multiple Account Support feature allows users to have up to five accounts on their Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones app. When logged into multiple accounts, the current user name will appear in the upper-left corner of the header bar and the user picture will appear in the My Profile icon. Users can switch between accounts by using the Switch Account function, accessible from My Profile or via the Menu. Users can also cross-post Tweets and Retweets from one account to another without switching the current account view.
These new features are available to all BlackBerry Beta Zone members who wish to upgrade. The multiple account feature is a big one that many users have been asking for and is finally here. You can read more about the update at the Inside BlackBerry Blog and if you’re interested in downloading the update, you can grab it at the Beta Zone link listed below.
Foursquare for BlackBerry has gotten the update treatment today. The newest version, version 3.3, brings only one big change, the Foursquare app icon. Foursquare has made a major change in the look of their app icon and this change is displayed in the latest update. In addition to the icon change, there are some bug fixes and speed improvements, but nothing major or noticeable. It’s nice to see Foursquare updating the BlackBerry app but it’s still pretty far behind the other versions. Hopefully the Foursquare team will remedy that soon.
If you’re a power buyer or ebay seller, you’ll want to hit up the BlackBerry Beta Zone and get the newest version of ebay for BlackBerry. The application brings along a lot of new features as well as BlackBerry 7 support, some of the new features are:
- BBM Connected –Post a recently purchased item as your personal message or share a listing with your BBM contacts and chat through BBM. You can even invite them to download the application if they don’t already have it.
- New User Interface – The user interface has been completely redesigned and updated, while maintaining core eBay design and functionality, to provide users with a closely integrated BlackBerry /eBay experience.
- Sell from your device – Create and publish a listing on eBay from just about anywhere. With core integration to your BlackBerry Camera and photo library, you can upload an image to the listing you created, directly from your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Improved buying experience – Looking for a collector’s item? The advanced search makes it easier to find what you’re looking for. Modify your search with your preferences and indicate whether you’re looking for a new or used item, which country sites you’d like to search and more!
This app is available in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. With the selling feature available to customers in the United Kingdom and the United States.
So, if you’re an ebay addict or just need a few cool things and love the action from an auction, hit up the link below and download ebay 2.0 for BlackBerry from Beta Zone.