4:45 pm on May 9, 2013 |
Today, BlackBerry has released updates to both the native Twitter and LinkedIn applications for BlackBerry 10. Both updates bring some new enhancements and features to the apps, plus speed and performance enhancements. Here’s what’s new in each update, click the app name for the link to download the update for free in BlackBerry World.
- Enjoy more content with Universal Search – Twitter 10.0.3/10.1.3 allows you to see more content when you’re searching. You’ll be able to view related profiles, tweets and top tweets, photos and relevant searches all on one page.
- Always Fresh Content – The latest Twitter update ensures all of your content is always fresh and up to date. Automatic caching gives you the current information at your fingertips without having to manually refresh your tabs.
- Finding Your Contacts – Quickly make connections by importing and inviting your current contacts from your personal address book through the ‘Add Connections’ wizard.
- Enhanced Inbox – On the Inbox page, you can easily view the number of unread messages and invitations waiting for you.
- Refreshed Design – Check out the updated application design for an enhanced LinkedIn experience.
- Follow and Learn About Companies – With LinkedIn 10.0.3/10.1.3 you can now view details of the companies you follow as well as details of the companies suggested for you to follow.
- Delete and Archive Messages – On the Inbox page, you can now choose to delete or archive your messages.
- Change Profile Picture – There are three new and easy ways to change your profile picture. Change it from the ‘You Page’, the ‘Full Screen View of your Photo’ or from the ‘Native Picture Viewer’.
11:25 am on May 9, 2013 |
RBC and Bell have teamed up to bring a new mobile payments solution to market. This new service will harness the security and power of BlackBerry, along with various other Android devices, to allow users to make credit and debit payments directly from their smartphones. The BlackBerry devices included on the service at launch will include the Z10, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9790 or Curve 9360. The service will be utilize NFC for making payments. Look for it to launch towards the end of the year and read on below and past the break for the full Press Release regarding this upcoming release.
RBC and Bell to launch secure mobile payments solution
Canada’s largest bank and Canada’s largest communications company to offer efficient and secure mobile way to purchase goods and services with credit and debit
MONTREAL AND TORONTO, May 9, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ – RBC and Bell today
announced the upcoming availability of an easy, fast and secure way for
RBC mobile banking customers to purchase goods and services with debit
or credit by simply using their compatible Bell Mobility smartphones.
Golf fans, rejoice! The official PGA Tour app is now available on BlackBerry 10 for the Z10. This app brings you all the latest news from the Tour, including scores, videos, and current rankings. The PGA Tour app is integrated with BlackBerry 10′s native Peek and Flow, so your updates will show up in BlackBerry Hub. The full feature list includes:
- Native BlackBerry® navigation (“peek”) for easy access to all your favorite sections
- Live scoring & leaderboards for all PGA TOUR events, including “favorites” to follow the players you care about
- Highlights & other videos
- News & blog posts from PGATOUR.com writers & talent
- FedExCup standings
- Searchable player profiles & statistics
- Course overviews and hole-by-hole information for PGA TOUR courses
- Twitter feeds from PGA TOUR staff and players
Get it free in BlackBerry World using the link below and start enjoying the PGA Tour on-the-go.
10:53 am on May 8, 2013 |
It’s Wednesday and that means it’s time for some more BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday Selections. BlackBerry Live is only a week away and the BlackBerry 10 app catalog is filling up quicker than ever. We’ve got tons of awesome games, utilities, and even the best BlackBerry Twitter client available, Blaq. From now on, the App Wednesday selection will be double the size, including apps for both the Z10 and Q10. Follow on past the break for all the amazing new apps available for BlackBerry 10.
10:38 am on May 6, 2013 |
Last week we had the leak of the upcoming BlackBerry R10 in Red. Today, we’re bringing you a new photo, featuring the R10 in Black, plus a bunch of the specs on this next-generation Curve device. The R10 will be like the little brother to the Q10, the same form factor but with a smaller design and lesser specs. This is the BlackBerry 10 device that is slated to take the place of the BlackBerry Curve. The rumored specs for this new device include:
- QWERTY keyboard
- 3.1-inch display, 720 x 720 resolution
- 5MP rear camera, front camera
- Support to shoot up to 2560 x 1920 resolution photos
- 2G of RAM
- 8G internal storage
- 1800 mAh non-removable Battery
- BlackBerry 10.1 OS
3G connectivity and HSPA+ is a given on the R10, LTE may or may not make it into the first iteration of this device. We can also assume that the body of the R10 will be a bit smaller, and possibly thinner, than the Q10. Read on past the break for more pictures of the R10 in Black.
Here’s an exciting leak for budget BlackBerry fans. The BlackBerry R10 has shown up again in photographs, this time it’s a beautiful red version of the device. What’s the R10, you ask? It’s the next-generation, Curve device that will be a flagship of the BlackBerry 10 platform. As seen in this leaked image, the R10 will feature the classic, chicklet-style keyboard made famous on the Curve series and come in a variety of color choices. It will run the full BlackBerry 10 OS, but will have lower screen, processor, memory, and camera specifications than the Z10 and Q10.
There’s no word on when this device will be available, or in what markets it will initially release. The rumor mill is placing this one at sometime in Q3, possibly mid to late in the quarter. We’ll let you know the minute we hear more on this upcoming device. Maybe in just a few short weeks at BlackBerry Live…
Source : N4BB
9:36 am on May 3, 2013 |
Big news coming out of Washington, by way of Waterloo, today. BlackBerry has announced that BlackBerry 10 has officially been approved by the Department of Defense for US Government use. This new ruling includes use of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, the BlackBerry Z10, the BlackBerry Q10, and BlackBerry PlayBooks running OS 2.0. This is huge news for BlackBerry, especially considering iOS and Android devices have now received the same approvals. The war for DOD smartphone use is just beginning and BlackBerry is bringing all they have to the fight. Check out the full Press Release from BlackBerry after the break.
10:26 am on May 1, 2013 |
It’s Wednesday again and that means it’s time for another round of BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections. With the Q10 now being officially available in Canada, even more users can benefit from the BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections this time! This week’s list features some great, new apps to check out, plus a new feature called BlackBerry Developer Picks of the Week. Each week, Developers at BlackBerry will pick out their top 5 must-have apps for the week and then pass those recommendations on to you. BlackBerry also wanted us to let you know that Real Soccer 2013 is coming soon to BlackBerry 10. Check out this week’s selections past the break!
The BlackBerry Q10 has now officially launched in Canada. It is available for purchase today from all major Canadian carriers. This includes Bell, Rogers, Telus, and many other retail locations like Future Shop and Walmart. The Q10 will run you $199 with a 3-year contract agreement or about $700 outright. You can grab your new Q10 at any of these retail locations today, or you can hit the link below for your favorite carrier and order yours online.
1:02 pm on Apr 29, 2013 |
BlackBerry has some big news that will help push the deployment of BlackBerry 10 in enterprise even farther and faster. ISEC7 has opened up their BlackBerry 10 Readiness Support Service to companies all around the world. While this doesn’t mean anything for most BlackBerry fans, it’s great news for the spread of the platform. This service is designed to help new enterprise customers get ready for BlackBerry 10 and to convince current customers to stay with BlackBerry in the transition.
Follow past the break for the full Press Release with all the information on this service.
The BlackBerry Q10 has officially launched, and with it comes the launch of a major app for BlackBerry 10, Skype. BlackBerry has worked hard and spent a lot of cash to bring Skype to the platform, and it’s finally here. The current version of Skype only works on BlackBerry OS 10.1 devices, so that means only the Q10, for now. The OS 10.1 update for the Z10 will be available for those users in the coming weeks. Here is some information on the new Skype app for BlackBerry 10:
- Free face to face video and voice calls
- Instant messages
- low cost voice calls and text messages to landlines and mobiles over WiFi® or wireless network connections.
While we’re talking about OS 10.1, here’s a list of some of the big, new features coming with this exciting, new OS:
The BlackBerry 10.1 OS update includes support for the physical keyboard and display on the BlackBerry Q10. There are also enhancements for the Hub, Camera, Phone, Calendar and Notifications, as well as support for additional IT policies and controls for customers connected to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
The Q10 is available now at select retailers, with a full Canadian launch coming on May 1st. If you already have a Q10, grab Skype from the link below.
9:14 am on Apr 26, 2013 |
Today, BlackBerry is announcing a new partnership with Clifford Chance, an international law firm. They have chosen BlackBerry to be their mobile computing platform and will be deploying 1,600 BlackBerry Smartphones to their employees in the UK. They will also be using BlackBerry Mobile Fusion and Enterprise Server to manage all the smartphones and tablets in their organization. The full Press Release on this partnership starts below and follows past the break.
26 April, 2013
Clifford Chance Selects BlackBerry 10 for Mobile Computing
London, UK and Waterloo, ON – International law firm Clifford Chance and BlackBerry® (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced that Clifford Chance will roll out 1,600 BlackBerry® 10 smartphones with BlackBerry’s recently launched Enterprise Mobility Management solution, BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10. Clifford Chance is a long-standing BlackBerry customer, with BlackBerry smartphones at the core of the law firm’s enterprise mobility strategy for over 10 years. The firm’s new investment in BlackBerry 10 will see 1,600 employees, initially in the UK, being issued with BlackBerry® Z10 (all touch) and BlackBerry® Q10 (touch with physical keyboard.) smartphones, beginning early this summer.
BlackBerry has released a new version of BlackBerry Link for both Mac and PC. This update helps make the link between your BlackBerry and computer even stronger with new features like:
- Remote File Access - You can remotely access media and documents on your computer from your BlackBerry device running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1 or later.
- Sync enhancements - You can customize the folder locations you import media and documents to.
- BlackBerry ID disassociation - You can remove devices from BlackBerry Link that are associated with your
- Corporate liable device support – Support for connectivity to corporate liable devices and the ability to limit features and connectivity through IT policies.
These are some great new features that many BlackBerry 10 users will appreciate. We can also assume that device compatibility for BlackBerry OS 10.1 and the Q10 are both included with this update. Hit the link below to download the update for your computer now.
1:29 pm on Apr 25, 2013 |
Verizon has begun pushing out an OS update for BlackBerry Z10 users on their network. This looks like one of BlackBerry’s new incremental feature updates, as the version number on the update is 10.0.9.422, but users who download the update will experience some enhancements. The new features include:
- Improved Battery Life: Over 60 battery-saving improvements have been made to keep you moving.
- Photo Enhancements: The camera has been optimized for better photos in low-light situations.
- And More: You’ll also enjoy fixes to Gmail® calendar, improved performance for 3rd party applications, and better browser video playback.
If the update isn’t showing yet on your Verizon Z10, keep checking back as these things can take a few hours to propagate to every device. Be sure to let us know if you find anything else in the update.
Source : Crackberry
4:27 pm on Apr 24, 2013 |
BlackBerry Live is coming up in just a few weeks in Orlando, Florida. If you’re still on the fence about attending, this latest bit of news may help you decide. All attendees of BlackBerry Live & Jam 2013 will receive a Z10 as their “Conference Tool.” These devices will be given out courtesy of Brightstar and will serve as the map, guidebook, and session calendar for your time at BlackBerry Live.
This year’s version of BlackBerry Live takes place at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, Florida on May 14-16. Brightstar is sponsoring the event and it’s sure to be a great time filled with big BlackBerry news and maybe even some surprises. Register at the link below.
Source : Inside BlackBerry Developer Blog