Latest BlackBerry Apps
10:26 am on May 1, 2013 |
It’s Wednesday again and that means it’s time for another round of BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections. With the Q10 now being officially available in Canada, even more users can benefit from the BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday selections this time! This week’s list features some great, new apps to check out, plus a new feature called BlackBerry Developer Picks of the Week. Each week, Developers at BlackBerry will pick out their top 5 must-have apps for the week and then pass those recommendations on to you. BlackBerry also wanted us to let you know that Real Soccer 2013 is coming soon to BlackBerry 10. Check out this week’s selections past the break!
The BlackBerry Q10 has officially launched, and with it comes the launch of a major app for BlackBerry 10, Skype. BlackBerry has worked hard and spent a lot of cash to bring Skype to the platform, and it’s finally here. The current version of Skype only works on BlackBerry OS 10.1 devices, so that means only the Q10, for now. The OS 10.1 update for the Z10 will be available for those users in the coming weeks. Here is some information on the new Skype app for BlackBerry 10:
- Free face to face video and voice calls
- Instant messages
- low cost voice calls and text messages to landlines and mobiles over WiFi® or wireless network connections.
While we’re talking about OS 10.1, here’s a list of some of the big, new features coming with this exciting, new OS:
The BlackBerry 10.1 OS update includes support for the physical keyboard and display on the BlackBerry Q10. There are also enhancements for the Hub, Camera, Phone, Calendar and Notifications, as well as support for additional IT policies and controls for customers connected to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
The Q10 is available now at select retailers, with a full Canadian launch coming on May 1st. If you already have a Q10, grab Skype from the link below.
3:53 pm on Apr 24, 2013 |
BlackBerry has just announced an update to Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones. The new version is 4.0, and it is available for Smartphones running OS 5.0 and above. The big changes in this update include:
- Better navigation – Facebook 4.0 provides a new navigation list that allows you to quickly access messages, chat, friend requests and notifications.
- Enhanced photo experience – You now have more options with the Facebook 4.0 update giving you a richer photo experience. Enjoy full screen photo browsing, add or view tags, and instantly Comment and Like.
- Quicker access to updates – Facebook 4.0 gives you faster content updates with a “pull down to refresh” option so you can check for the latest “News Feed” posts, “Wall” posts, “Messages”, “Events” and “Nearby” pages.
This is a big update and should be available now in BlackBerry World. It’s free, as always, so hit the link below to grab the update.
1:01 pm on Apr 24, 2013 |
With the BlackBerry Q10 launching next week, the focus of this week’s BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday is going to be exclusively on apps that will be ready for that device at launch. It’ll have all the native BlackBerry apps like BBM and Email, plus all the great native BB10 apps like Twitter and Facebook. Also, Skype for BlackBerry 10 will be available on the Q10 from launch. ATP Tour, Cut the Rope and Viber are all three coming to both the Q10 and Z10 in the next few weeks. Follow on past the break for the full rundown of Q10 apps in this week’s BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday. Keep in mind that even though all these apps are available on the Q10, most are already currently available on the Z10, also.
3:21 pm on Apr 17, 2013 |
BlackBerry 10 is hitting markets all around the world, and with that rollout comes more and more apps for the platform. This week’s BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday features apps from all the categories, with an emphasis on utilities and banking. The Amazing Spiderman from GameLoft has also hit BlackBerry World for BlackBerry 10. Follow on past the break for all of this week’s selections.
4:12 pm on Apr 3, 2013 |
It’s Wednesday again, so that means it’s time for another BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday. This week, BlackBerry is announcing that there are now over 100,000 apps for BlackBerry 10 available in BlackBerry World. This is huge news for a platform that’s only two months old. BlackBerry has been shelling out big bucks to get developers on board and making apps for the platform. Android apps also make up a huge percentage of these apps, showing that BlackBerry’s decision to build around Android was a great one. Follow on past the break for this week’s selection of just a few of the over 100,000 apps available for BlackBerry 10.
3:49 pm on Mar 31, 2013 |
PressReader has been available on the BlackBerry PlayBook for a while now, and you can check out our feature on that app Here. Now that BlackBerry 10 is available worldwide, PressReader has made the necessary adjustments to their app and it is now available on BlackBerry 10. All the features that you know and love in the Playbook version are now available on BlackBerry 10. You can keep up with all the latest newspapers and magazines from around the world with PressReader. Support for the Z10 is available now and the Q10 will be supported from launch. Check out Press Reader at the link below.
The MLB.com At Bat 13 app is now officially available for the BlackBerry® Z10, just in time for opening day! This must-have app for baseball aficionados brings all the regular season and postseason action straight to your mobile device. Considered one of the top-selling sports app of all time, MLB.com At Bat 13 makes its way to BlackBerry 10 with a full roster of features, including:
- Free MLB.TV Game of the Day
- MLB.TV Premium subscriber login to watch every out-of-market game live and on-demand
- Home and away radio broadcasts
- In-progress highlights
- Gameday pitch tracking with realistic ballpark renderings
- Condensed Games
- Classic games library
- League and team news
- Schedules and statistics
- Favorite team selection
Taking advantage of the BlackBerry Z10’s powerful browser, large 4.2” touchscreen and sharp display, fans will have everything they need to enjoy a ballgame on the go. MLB At Bat 13 will run you $19.99 for the entire 2013 season. Grab the download in BlackBerry World, using the link below.
BlackBerry has released major updates to both Twitter and Facebook for BlackBerry 10. these updates bring some great new features to both applications, while adding bug fixes and enhancing app performance. The changes include the following:
- Friends Nearby – Facebook 10.0.1 allows you to discover if your Facebook friends are nearby. You’ll be able to see when they’ve checked in on Facebook to a location that’s close to where you are.
- Photo Updates – There are new ways of interacting with your Facebook photos. With Facebook 10.0.1, you can now easily add photo tags to a photo you’re uploading within the Facebook application. Plus if you like that photo or funny picture your friend just shared on Facebook, you now have the ability save Facebook photos locally on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Events – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it even easier to plan and keep track of your events. You can now view and respond to events, invite your friends to attend, create and view posts on the event wall, post photos, and even tag guests.
- Sharing – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it easier than ever to share what matters to you with all of your contacts. Using the BlackBerry 10 share framework, you can now easily share links from your Facebook newsfeed to BBM™, email, SMS, Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and others.
- Your Connect Tab – Twitter 10.0.2 allows you to view all interactions in one place, including new follows, favorites and mentions.
- Enjoy More Content – Take a look at photos, article summaries and other updates within your Tweets.
- Added Perspective – The latest Twitter version allows you to see the number of times a Tweet has been favorited.
eBay has long been a mainstay on BlackBerry OS. With BlackBerry being one of the first major smartphone platforms, and eBay being one of the first online marketplaces, this partnership only makes sense. Now, the availability of easy eBay shopping on the BlackBerry continues with the release of the eBay shopping app for BlackBerry 10. You can grab the free download from BlackBerry World at the link below, or head on past the break for information on all the awesome features in the eBay app for BlackBerry 10.
Amazon has finally released the long awaited Kindle Reader app for BlackBerry 10. This is a huge addition to the app catalog for BlackBerry, bringing one of the world’s most widely used e-reading solutions to their customers. It’s also another compelling reason for iOS and Android users to give BB10 a try. The Kindle app is one of over 100,000 BlackBerry 10 apps that are now available in BlackBerry World. The Kindle app for BB10 brings all the Kindle reading features that users love in the iOS and Android apps, including:
- Personalization – Adjust the text size, change the screen’s brightness, choose your background color, and read in either portrait or landscape mode.
- Look Up Words – Tap and hold any word in a book to view the word’s definition with the built-in dictionary or use the Google or Wikipedia links to get more information.
- Sample Books Before Buying – Easily shop for ebooks and read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy.
- Bi-Lingual – Kindle is available in English and French.
The Amazon Kindle app is available for free in BlackBerry World. But remember, it could take up to 24 hours for all users to see this app in BB World, so if you don’t see it yet, keep checking. Hit the link below to see if it’s available for you yet.
There have been many fans of BlackBerry Travel who have been asking when it would launch for BlackBerry 10. We never got a solid answer from them, until today. BlackBerry Travel has officially launched for BlackBerry 10. The BB10 version of the app has all the features users have come to know and love in the original version, plus some new additions. The new features for BlackBerry 10 include:
- Trip Status Sharing – Post your trip updates on BBM, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. With Trip Status Sharing, you can keep your friends and colleagues up-to-date on your travel adventures immediately as they unfold.
- Flight Status Sharing – Share this information with your colleagues, friends and social networks. If your flight is delayed, cancelled or changed terminals, you can easily and quickly inform others and make sure they know when and where to pick you up from the airport.
- Price Alerts, Change Offers and Upgrades – This service with BlackBerry Travel helps ensure you are always getting the best hotel deal. It automatically notifies you if there’s a better price for the hotel room you booked, a comparable hotel for a cheaper price, or if there’s a much better hotel for slightly more. In many cases, you can cancel your original booking without penalty and re-book the better deal through BlackBerry Travel.
- BlackBerry ID – With BlackBerry ID, you’ll never have to login to BlackBerry Travel again. You’ll have instant access to all of its features as soon as you launch the app. Even on your first time using BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry ID will automatically fill in the registration form for you.
BlackBerry Travel for BB10 will be rolling out across servers over the next 24 hours, so be sure to check back if you don’t see it yet. It’s available for free from BlackBerry World, just click the link below to grab the download.
Today is a big day for BlackBerry World and BlackBerry 10 apps. Earlier, we had the announcement that BlackBerry World now houses over 100,000 app for BlackBerry 10. Now, we have the arrival of OpenTable in BlackBerry World. This is a reservations application with access to tables at over 27,000 restaurants. You can not only make reservations, but you can see ratings, reviews, and menus right from your BlackBerry 10 device. here is the feature list for OpenTable:
- FIND restaurants nearest to your current location & see real-time table availability.
- SEARCH by restaurant name
- REFINE results by cuisine, price, reservation time.
- RESERVE your table free
- EARN Bonus 1,000 points on eligible dining times
The app is free and making reservations is completely free, as well. You can grab it at the link below in BlackBerry World. It may take up to 24 hours for the app to show up, so clicking the link may not show the BlackBerry 10 version for you yet.
8:49 am on Mar 21, 2013 |
BlackBerry knew they had a problem even bigger than hardware or Operating System software prior to the launch of BlackBerry 10. That problem was apps, and the fact that no one wanted to develop for the platform. With BlackBerry 10, that has all changed. BlackBerry World now boasts over 100,000 apps that work on the BlackBerry 10 platform. That’s more than any other platform had at this point in their existence and it shows the true commitment that BlackBerry has made to bring their customers the apps they want to use. Check out the full Press Release from BlackBerry, with more information on some of these apps, past the break.
7:24 pm on Mar 20, 2013 |
It’s that time of week again, another BlackBerry 10 App Wednesday. This week, BlackBerry has chosen another even mix of applications from all categories. The feature apps from this week’s selection include the new Need for Speed and Delta Airlines applications, specifically crafted for the BlackBerry 10 platform. Check out the full selection of apps, handpicked by BlackBerry for BB10, past the break.