Latest BlackBerry Apps
1:05 pm on Feb 20, 2012 |
Javatek Media has just let us know about their latest BlackBerry application, Profile Scheduler. Until now, automatically changing your BlackBerry sound profile was only a dream. Now, using some of the new developer features and API’s in OS 7.1, Javatek Media has made automatic profile switching a reality. Profile Scheduler does just what the name implies, you set up a schedule and your profiles switch automatically, according to the schedule. Some examples of use for this app include:
- Automatically schedule your phone to go silent at night and back on in the morning. Easily schedule different times for weekends.
- Have a job? Change your profile automatically when you start and end work. Easily schedule in a profile change for your lunch break as well.
- Going to school? Schedule your classes so that your phone is always silent in class and back on in between.
- Ever changed your profile to Silent during a movie, meeting or other event only to find later that you forgot to change it back? Use the temporary activation feature to automatically change back your profile after a certain period of time.
This app brings some great new functionality to your BlackBerry and it’s only $1.99 in App World. To get Profile Scheduler, make sure you have a compatible BlackBerry and you’re running OS 7.1. If you’re not on OS 7.1, you can grab a leaked copy from one of our many posts. Hit the link below to get automatic profile switching on your BlackBerry.
12:04 pm on Feb 20, 2012 |
Foursquare has updated their BlackBerry application and the new official version is 3.8. This latest update brings Explore v2.0 to the BlackBerry, allowing you to find new and exciting places to check out near you. There are also lots of bug fixes and speed improvements to go along with this update, especially for CDMA BlackBerry users. If you currently check-in with Foursquare, or you’re looking to start, hit the link below to grab the update today.
10:26 am on Feb 13, 2012 |
While many have been using the latest version of BBM 6 (v220.127.116.11) RIM has pushed an updated version to BlackBerry Beta Zone for testers to pull apart. They’ve loaded version 18.104.22.168 for all to download, carrying a few bug fixes.
Updated in Version 22.214.171.124
- You couldn’t open locations in BlackBerry Maps that you sent or received – FIXED.
- The Group Updates section didn’t show a red star on new items – FIXED.
So if you’re a beta zone member grab the link below, and if you’re not click on that link anyway and sign up to make a deference in future RIM products.
11:50 am on Feb 10, 2012 |
RIM has just uploaded a new Beta into the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This one is an App World Beta and its version number is 126.96.36.199. RIM has noted a few changes in this update , which include:
- Alternate billing options show in purchase confirmation screen
- Submitting apps has a new, easier-to-use confirmation screen
- OS 7.1 Support
- Various Bug Fixes
If you’re a Beta Zone user and like to keep on the cutting edge of available app updates, you’ll want to head over to the Beta Zone and grab this one today.
12:02 pm on Feb 9, 2012 |
We has previously heard of some carrier sponsored offers for Free BBM Music Trials, and now RIM has stepped it up, offering free trials to all their users, regardless of carrier. BlackBerry users in the US and Canada are eligible for 4 Free months of BBM Music. Users in the UK, Spain, and Italy are eligible for 6 Free months. This offer only applies to new BBM Music users. If you have already downloaded the app for the original 1-month trial, or if you’re already a paying user, you’re not eligible for the free trial. To learn more about BBM Music and download the app, click the link below.
Source : Inside BlackBerry
11:31 am on Feb 9, 2012 |
RIM has just let us know that the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app has been updated to v3.0 One of the biggest changes in this version is the ability to recognize numbers in the UK and support for that country. This is a great app for scheduling conference calls right from your BlackBerry, and here are some of the features of the app:
- Join Now Button– The BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app adds a button to calendar reminders on your BlackBerry smartphone that can dial you in to a call with one click. If the invite includes multiple dial-in numbers for different locations, the app can choose the most appropriate one for you (within Canada, the US and the UK only).
- Reconnect – Reconnect with one click if you’re disconnected or need to drop off a conference call.
- Easy Conference Scheduling – You can schedule a conference call complete with conference bridge details directly from the BlackBerry Calendar in an easy two-step process. To enable this capability, you can set your conference call profile once in the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app, including dial-in numbers and access codes, and then simply add the profile as part of the calendar invitation. (The moderator code is kept hidden from participants in the calendar invitation.) Many of the leading audio conferencing systems are supported.
- Optimal Conference Call Number Selection – If multiple dial-in numbers are provided to accommodate participants in different regions, the application can automatically choose an optimal number to use, such as using the local number if you’re within the local calling area rather than a toll-free number; or a toll-free number if the dial-in number would otherwise be long distance. You can also select or modify a specific dial-in number manually.
- Convert an email to a meeting invite – Help put an end to long email threads by scheduling a conference call with email participants with just a few clicks. The sender and recipients of the email are included as meeting attendees, the email subject becomes your meeting subject and part of the email message is copied into your invite automatically. Just add your conference call details from a stored profile, click send and you’re set.
- New features available in version 3.0 include ‘tell a friend’ for sharing the app through BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), Facebook®, Twitter®, email and instant messaging; and access to help videos from the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing icon on your BlackBerry smartphone.
BlackBerry Mobile Voice conferencing is available for Free to users in the US, UK, and Canada. The app comes preinstalled on all OS 7.1 BlackBerry Smartphones and is available for download in App World.
12:45 pm on Feb 7, 2012 |
The BlackBerry Partner’s Fund holds multiple competitions for developers every year.The results from their 2011 Developer Challenge in Europe are in, and here are the winners:
- Best B2C app developed for a customer by an agency or ISV – Yemeksepeti by tmob
- Most useful enterprise application – MDC Mobile Data Collection by Gulliver
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform – Salzburger Nachrichten Mobil by Salzburger Nachrichten
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics – InStyle.de by ISEC7
- Top performers – Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service – Bellshare
- Academic – Most compelling app created by a student or faculty member – Polar Slide by Dustyroom
You can hit the underlined names in the list above to check out each particular company and you can head past the break for the full press release from the Partner’s Fund with more information on the Developer Challenge and the winners.
9:10 pm on Feb 6, 2012 |
It’s the year of BlackBerry and it’s the year to BeBold, and what better way to do that then letting the one you love know on Valentine’s Day. RIM has released an expansion pack to their TAT inspired PlayBook app called ScrapBook. The latest expansion pack gives you some Valentine’s Day love with hearts, kisses, and festive backgrounds to create some works of art.
You got to love these updates with no need to update the application, just hit the “download” button on the new expansion pack. Team BlackBerry, let us know how you plan to BeBold this Valentine’s Day!
5:27 pm on Feb 2, 2012 |
RIM has rolled out the BlackBerry Music Store for BlackBerry Smartphones, which is sponsored and run by 7Digital, to Berry users in Canada and Australia. This is Smartphone version of the store that has run on the PlayBook since launch. There’s no word on when this will be made available in the US or UK, but hopefully support for additional countries will come soon. Some of the features of the BlackBerry Music Store include:
- Browse the catalog by what’s new, top songs, top albums and genres
- Store your music in the cloud via your 7Digital Music Locker easy portability across devices (BB Smartphone and PlayBook)
- Preview a 30-second sample before buying
- Download over the wireless network or Wi-Fi®
- Let friends know what you’re checking out via BlackBerry Messenger, Email, Text Messaging, Socials Feeds, Facebook and more…
- Download directly to your BlackBerry music library
If you’re in Canada or Australia, be sure to grab the BlackBerry Music Store today, especially if you’ve already been using the service on your PlayBook. Like we said before, we hope to see US and UK support sometime soon. Let us know if you’re liking the new store and if you plan to start getting your music from there!
4:08 pm on Feb 2, 2012 |
While it’s no six months like Rogers customers are getting, Telus and Bell subscribers are able to receive a free BBM music trial themselves. Telus and Bell are offering up a 4 months premium subscription to their customers when they download BBM Music but it’s only for a limited time. The offer is valid until the end of February 2012.
The only downside is, if you’ve downloaded the app already you aren’t able to get in on the free months. If you haven’t downloaded the app, what are you waiting for. Hit up the link below to get a 4 month BBM Music subscription for free.
Test your Hockey knowledge with the Liam Maguire Ultimate Hockey Experience app for BlackBerry smartphones
1:32 pm on Feb 2, 2012 |
If you’re a hockey fan than this app for BlackBerry is right up your ally. he Liam Maguire Ultimate Hockey Experience App is available for BlackBerry smartphones and gives you a new way to test you brain on all that is hockey, also gives you a chance to win some cool stuff.
“The Liam Maguire Ultimate Hockey Experience App is a new concept app that combines, news, trivia, chat, video and Wayne Gretzky Authentic Sponsored memorabilia prizes.”
- Chat with other hockey fans and join Liam once a week for his unique insite of the week that was in the NHL.
- Wayne Gretzky has sponsored the Trivia Contest area by offering up WG Authentic Memorabilia.
“Liam Maguire is a hockey trivia expert, author and has appeared on Hockey Night in Canada and various radio and TV shows. With the Liam Maguire Ultimate Hockey Experience app, users can play a trivia game and if opt to “Ask The Expert” for insider information and trivia directly from Liam Maguire’s personal vault of facts and stories. During the trivia games, users have the opportunity to win NHL memorabilia provided by Wayne Gretzky Authentic. The app also gives you direct access to Liam as once a week fans will be able to hear Liam’s unique perspective on what transpired in hockey during that week.”
So if you’re looking for a way to kill time and are down for some free memorabilia then grab the link below to BlackBerry app world. Let us know what you think of the app, and what apps you’re playing yourself.
12:40 pm on Feb 2, 2012 |
RIM is trying hard to get as many apps as possible onto the BlackBerry PlayBook before OS 2.0 launches. Their latest venture is aimed at Android developers and hopes to entice them with a free PlayBook. All you have to do is submit your repackaged Android application to App World by February 13th and you’ll get yourself a free PlayBook. RIM has made it incredibly easy to repackage your Android apps for the PlayBook, and with the growing number of units out there every day, you’re sure to make some easy money. Hit the link below to get all the details on submitting your Android app to App World.
Source : CrackBerry
11:30 am on Feb 2, 2012 |
Rogers has snuck a little treat into App World for their BlackBerry customers. The wireless carrier has teamed up with RIM to provide 6 months of BBM Music to their subscribers for free. All you have to do is download BBM Music to your BlackBerry any time between now and March 30th and Rogers will foot the bill for your first 6 months. There are; however, a few restrictions. The free 6 month offer is only available to Rogers customers and you must either be a new or trial member, if you’re already paying for BBM Music, you’re not eligible for the free 6 month trial. This looks like an attempt by both RIM and Rogers to drum up interest in BBM Music, and it wouldn’t surprise us here at TheBerryFix if other carriers jumped on with similar offers.
Source : CrackBerry
12:12 pm on Jan 24, 2012 |
Wunderlist is quite possibly the best productivity app available for Smartphones. It has been available on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac for quite some time, and now BlackBerry users can enjoy all the awesome features that Wunderlist has to offer. What exactly is Wunderlist, you ask? It’s an all-in-one task management and planning solution that helps simplify your life. With Wunderlist, you can create tasks and separate them in a number of ways that allows you easy access to your lists. Not only can you access and organize your tasks right on your BlackBerry Smartphone, but you can access your list from the web, your Mac, your PC, or even your iPad (if you’re so inclined), and your information is synced across the WunderCloud on all your devices!
Wunderlist is now available for free and you can get it Directly from BlackBerry App World, which is the first link below. Wunderlist works on all BlackBerry devices running OS 5.0 or higher, including both touch and non-touch devices. The second link below will take you to the Wunderlist website where you can learn all about the app and even download the program for your computer or other mobile devices. If you’re looking for the perfect productivity solution, give Wunderlist a try today!
RIM has released a small update to the BlackBerry Traffic application. The update features bug fixes and overall speed improvements. For those of you that didn’t already know, BlackBerry Traffic is a RIM-powered navigation solution for your BlackBerry Smartphone. It gives you turn-by-turn, voice guided directions, construction alerts with alternate routes, estimated arrival times, and much more. BlackBerry Traffic is free in App World.