2:57 pm on Feb 20, 2013 |
OtterBox has long been one of the top brands for mobile device cases. They have been making BlackBerry cases for many years and now they are shifting some of their focus “Back to BlackBerry” with their latest offering. The OtterBox Defender case for the BlackBerry Z10 takes the legendary performance of the Defender line and applies that to a case designed exclusively for the new BlackBerry. As always, the Z10 Defender is $49.99 and you can grab it from the link below. If you want the official word from OtterBox on this release, check their full Press Release past the break.
4:17 pm on Oct 22, 2012 |
It’s the end of the MLB regular season and time for the playoffs and World Series. Research In Motion has tons of great apps and accessories available through their partners to help enhance your MLB World Series experience. Here are a few choices, handpicked by RIM, for your MLB season’s end enjoyment.
MLB.com At Bat 2012:
The MLB.com At Bat 2012 is the official app of Major League Baseball and is live baseball – every pitch from every at bat – for the entire 2012 season. Catch up on team and player stats with comprehensive, up-to-the-moment action, including live audio broadcasts. Download from BlackBerry AppWorld.
Players Choice by MLBPA:
The Players Choice by MLBPA is the official app of the Major League Baseball Players Association! Follow your favorite players via Twitter feeds, keep up on the latest association news, and check out videos of what your heroes are up to off the field. Download from BlackBerry AppWorld.
ScoreMobile for BlackBerry:
Get up-to-the-minute scores with the ScoreMobile app. View player stats, betting odds, game previews, recaps, top stories, and league standings. Follow ScoreMobile’s exclusive live blog to the World Series while on-the-go.
Download from BlackBerry AppWorld.
MLB Coveroo Cases:
Rivalry is brewing and what better way to show your team pride that on the back of your BlackBerry smartphone. Keep the rivalries alive and show your support at the game or around town with some of these colorful custom hard covers.
Purchase from Coveroo from $24.95.
RIM has released an update to their popular enterprise networking solution, Mobile Voice System. The update, v5.2, contains the following new features:
- New functionality: call forwarding, enhanced reliability in areas of poor or no data coverage. Whether located in a congested metro area or roaming remotely, BlackBerry MVS helps you stay connected. Enhanced call timers with administrative control help improve the reliability that calls made to and from a user’s business number will be processed successfully, even when a device has poor or no data coverage.
- Expanded business phone systems support: Siemens OpenScape v5, Cisco Business Edition 5000 & 6000
- Supports BlackBerry Handheld 7.1 (except BlackBerry 9220, 9230)
BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System is designed to unify desk phone features with BlackBerry® smartphones – with services extending over Wi-Fi networks and mobile carrier networks. Click past the break to see what some of RIM’s BlackBerry MVS customers had to say about the service:
6:14 pm on Jun 29, 2012 |
RIM knows that a large chunk of their user base is located in the United States, so to celebrate one of America’s greatest holidays, the 4th of July, they have compiled a nice guide of BlackBerry apps and accessories for you to check out. These apps and accessories can help you use your BlackBerry to make your 4th of July experience the best yet. The guide starts below and follows past the break!
Planning your Getaway
The Fourth of July is one of the busiest travel times of the year. It’s important to plan ahead, but it’s equally important to be ready to adjust on the fly so you can avoid the unexpected, sometimes nightmarish travel.
BlackBerry Travel lets you plan and manage your trips. This app puts all travel updates in one place. If there are any changes to train/plane/bus reservations, you’ll receive an immediate notification!
Want to avoid traffic as best as you can? BlackBerry Traffic, with hands-free turn-by-turn directions, gives you an ETA, as well as the most efficient travel routes based on current traffic conditions.
Earlier this month, RIM released the BlackBerry Music Gateway. This device was based on the previous BlackBerry Stereo Music Gateway but it was a total, ground-up, redesign. The original Gateway was clunky and pairing required a few steps. Both of these issues had been remedied with the all-new BlackBerry Music Gateway. We unboxed this device a few weeks back, and I had nothing but good things to say about it in my initial impressions video. I have now spent some in-depth time with the Gateway and my full review of this great, new device can be seen past the break.
Today we are unboxing and taking a first look at Jawbone’s latest entry into the Bluetooth headset market, the Jawbone ERA. The ERA is one of the most advanced Bluetooth’s on the market, featuring technology like Noise Assassin 3.0 and Motion-X technology. It’s light and has great looks. The product is packaged in one of the most innovative boxes I have ever opened. The ERA is located at the top and then in the bottom you have all the accessories neatly laid out in a flip-top box.
Check out the video above to get the full experience of unboxing the JawBone ERA and check back sometime in the next two weeks for a full review of this revolutionary headset. If you’re already convinced that the ERA is the headset for you, hit the link below to grab one for just $129.99.
12:47 pm on Jun 5, 2012 |
Father’s Day is just around the corner, June 17 to be exact, and that means it’s time to decide what to get day this year. Sure, you could go the traditional route and get him a tie or shirt, but wouldn’t your old man love it even more if you got him something he could really use and enjoy? That’s exactly why we have created TheBerryFix Father’s Day Gift Guide! Whether you’re looking to get dad a new case, headset, or even a new BlackBerry, follow us past the break for some of our favorite gifts for Father’s Day 2012.
5:20 pm on Jun 4, 2012 |
I just got my hands on the completely redesigned BlackBerry Music Gateway that RIM released last week and I am pretty excited about this accessory. I’ve only just unboxed it and had a few minutes to play with the gateway, but I’m very impressed. RIM includes everything you’ll need right in the box and setting it up is a snap. You just plug in the power cord and then plug the gateway into your TV, sound system, speakers, etc. and you’re ready to go. The NFC tap-to-connect is a flawless new feature and NFC-enabled BlackBerry owners are going to love this. Take a look at the video above to see the BlackBerry Music Gateway and watch TheBerryFix early next week for my full review of this device.
1:09 pm on Jun 1, 2012 |
RIM unveiled the all-new BlackBerry Music Gateway at BlackBerry World 2012 and set its release date for June. Today is June 1st and the BlackBerry Music Gateway is now officially available. Here are some of the great features of this device:
- Simple Connectivity – Using NFC, simply tap your NFC enabled BlackBerry to connect to the BlackBerry Music Gateway, or connect via standard Bluetooth pairing.
- Universal Compatibility – Play music from your BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or any other Bluetooth enabled device. BlackBerry Music Gateway connects to any existing home stereo equipment or car stereo using the RCA or 3.5mm cables included in the box
- Wireless Freedom: Use your device as the remote for complete control of playback, track changes, and volume from up to 30 feet.
- Multitasking: Access other applications or surf the web while playing music. Music automatically pauses when an incoming phone call is received and continues when the call is ended.
You get all these great features for just $49.99. Not only does this gateway work with BlackBerry devices, it will work with any Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone or tablet that supports A2DP. Grab yourself a BlackBerry Music Gateway at ShopBlackBerry.com.
2:19 pm on Apr 30, 2012 |
RIM is set to introduce a product tonight in preparation for BlackBerry World 2012. The product they are introducing is called the BlackBerry Music Gateway and it’ll be officially unveiled tonight at the BlackBerry Solutions Showcase. This product is a totally redesigned version of the currently available BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway. The new Music Gateway will work with your BlackBerry Smartphone, PlayBook, and even your other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Here are the features:
- Connections Made Simple – Using NFC, simply tap your NFC enabled BlackBerry to connect to the BlackBerry Music Gateway**, or connect via standard Bluetooth for universal connectivity of any Bluetooth enabled device such as smartphones, tablets and computers
- Enjoy Wireless Freedom - Stream music from your BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or any other Bluetooth enabled device. BlackBerry Music Gateway connects to any existing home stereo equipment or car stereo using the RCA or 3.5mm cables included in the box
- Wireless Remote Control – Use your device as the remote for complete control of playback, track changes, and volume.
- Multitasking – Access other applications or surf the web while playing music. Music automatically pauses when an incoming phone call is received and continues when the call is ended without skipping a beat.
This accessory will go on sale in June and will retail for $49.99. This is just the first of many announcements that will be coming from this year’s BlackBerry World, so keep your browsers here at TheBerryFix for all the latest announcements. You can check out some more photos of the gateway past the break.
RIM just sent over some great tips to help you make Mother’s Day extra special for your Mom. The list includes everything from accessories to apps, so take a look and see what RIM recommends. Whether it’s a new BlackBerry PlayBook or just an accessory for the one she has, Mom will appreciate any of these gift suggestions for her special day. The full list of awesome gifts can be found after the break.
10:31 am on Apr 10, 2012 |
The next case in line for a review comes to us from the premium casemaker, Vaja. They specialize in high-quality leather goods for everything from smartphones to passports, and they don’t skimp on quality. They are a member of the “Built for BlackBerry” program so you know their cases are engineered to the exact specifications of your BlackBerry smartphone or tablet. The case featured in this review is the Aero Grip case for the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930. Follow me past the break for the full review of this beautiful case.
4:00 pm on Apr 2, 2012 |
The latest BlackBerry accessory that TheBerryFix is reviewing comes to us courtesy of Dicota. The case we’re checking out is the Dicota Flexi Case for the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930. They also make the Flexi Case for Bold 9790 and Torch 9850/60 with features very similar to those on the case reviewed here. Dicota is a member of the “Built for BlackBerry” program, so you know the cases are endorsed by RIM and will fit your device perfectly. Follow me past the break for a full review of the Flexi Case for the Bold 9900 from Dicota.
11:26 am on Mar 28, 2012 |
Now that the BlackBerry PlayBook Mini Keyboard has launched, RIM is doing a great job of getting word out about its features and benefits. The latest bit of information details some of the ways you can boost your productivity using the keyboard.
- Full Screen Viewing. When using the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, you can take full advantage of the PlayBook tablet’s high-resolution screen while typing – no on screen keyboard to take away valuable screen real estate.
- One cord, less wires! The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard can hold a charge for up to 30 days. When a boost is needed, simply use your PlayBook tablet charger to charge the keyboard.
- Familiar Shortcuts. The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard makes it easy to conduct familiar keyboard shortcuts for copying, pasting, selecting all and more.
- Run Your Office Desktop Remotely. Combined with the Citrix Receiver for BlackBerry PlayBook, business users can work from their PlayBook tablet just as they would from their office desktop.
- Portable. Complete with a convertible case that doubles as a device stand, the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard enhances your PlayBook as a mobile computing solution – whether you’re in a coffee shop, at the airport or anywhere in-between.
- Let Your Fingers Do The Walking. The keyboard’s integrated touchpad allows you to easily navigate your PlayBook tablet – tap to simulate a mouse click, tap with two fingers to right-click, and scroll vertically using an two-fingered up or down swipe.
3:16 pm on Mar 27, 2012 |
Jabra is one of the most widely recognized names in bluetooth and mobile audio. They are debuting a new series of communication devices in May called the Jabra Supreme UC. This is a follow-up to the successful Jabra Supreme. The UC will retail for $149 and be available in May. The Press Release starts below and continues past the break.
JABRA SETS THE STANDARD FOR MOBILE WORKERS; SUITE OF PRODUCTS ENABLES COMMUNICATING ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
Nashua, NH – March 23, 2012– According to a recent forecast from IDC*, the mobile worker population in the United States will account for 75% of the nation’s workforce by 2015, indicating that workers everywhere are leaving the 9-to-5 days in the office behind and working remotely, traveling and collaborating via the cloud. Much of this increase is driven by the popularity of laptops, smartphones and tablets. To meet the demands of the mobile worker, Jabra has introduced a suite of products geared toward this growing category. The line includes the new Jabra SUPREME UC launching in May, and the critically acclaimed Jabra FREEWAY and Jabra SPEAK 410.