RIM announced today that they will be hosting a Blackberry 10 Jam from May 1st to 3rd concurrent with BlackBerry World™, the largest annual gathering for the BlackBerry® ecosystem.
RIM has set up Blackberry 10 Jam as a venue for developers to explore the advantages and opportunities of the new Blackberry platform. Developers will also be able to gain insight into building applications and other goodies for the new Blackberry 10 launch later this year. Developers will be able to take part in instructor led labs, information sessions and more. Sessions and labs will be dedicated to:
- BlackBerry® Native SDK – a C/C++ environment with support for open source libraries
- HTML5+BlackBerry® WebWorks™ – HTML5 tools with an added layer for app enhancement through BlackBerry WebWorks
- Adobe® Flash® – The AIR® SDK for BlackBerry allows developers to build apps with Flash+AIR tools
- Android – the Android runtime will run applications that have been packaged from APK files to BAR files and submitted to BlackBerry App World™
The Blackberry 10 Jam conference will be held in Orlando, Florida at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, you can visit the website via the link below. The conference is limited to developers only; however, it will be running simultaneously along with Blackberry World 2012.
A few tidbits for you. Did you know?
- The BlackBerry platform has become one of the most profitable platforms for mobile developers
- BlackBerry App World has more paid downloads per month than the Android market. (Yankee Research Group)
- In Q2 2011, BlackBerry App World generated 43% more average daily downloads per app than App Store (research2guidance)
- 13% of BlackBerry developers have made more than $100,000 from their apps on BlackBerry App World, considerably more than Android or Apple developers (Evans Data Corp)
- Carrier Billing, which has proven to dramatically increase paid downloads, is available with 40 carriers in 36 countries. No one else can boast those numbers.
- BlackBerry App World is the premier channel for app distribution for BlackBerry devices
- More than two billion apps have been downloaded from App World alone. The first billion were downloaded in just over two years, the second billion were downloaded in the last seven months
- More than six million apps are downloaded every day from App World alone
- App World is available in an industry-leading 164 countries and territories