RIM is releasing the Gold version of BlackBerry Theme Studio 6.0 to developers today. The Gold Master version brings Theme Studio 6 out of beta and adds many additional features. These features and enhancements include:
- Support for the latest BlackBerry devices, including the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 and BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 handsets, and BlackBerry® 6.
- Support for theming BlackBerry 6 features such as graphic popup menus, plus the addition of BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), Facebook®, and Twitter® feeds to Today screens.
- New productivity features allow you to batch update all of the graphics in a theme automatically. You can also change fonts across multiple phone screens automatically. Also, BlackBerry Theme Studio continues to be compatible with popular graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop® and Corel® Paint Shop Pro.
- A Background Wizard makes it easy to add dynamic wallpapers to your theme. Options include date-based or time-based changes (to highlight a special holiday or change images by the time of day), and slideshow backgrounds (to cycle through your favorite photos).
- A new user interface lets you click on any item on the preview and directly edit its settings. This allows faster editing and a shorter learning curve, plus you can select multiple items to change them all at once.
- A new export option makes it easier to offer themes through BlackBerry App World™. The export packages all of the correct files and settings into a single zip file, ready for upload to BlackBerry App World.
This release is a good step for RIM and comes at a time where we all need a little reminding of what BlackBerry is all about. With all the coverage on the PlayBook these days, it’s nice to see the focus coming back to the smartphone. Developers can grab the GM release of Theme Studio 6 from the link below and get started making some awesome new themes.
Source: Inside BB Dev Blog