RIM has rolled out the BlackBerry Music Store for BlackBerry Smartphones, which is sponsored and run by 7Digital, to Berry users in Canada and Australia. This is Smartphone version of the store that has run on the PlayBook since launch. There’s no word on when this will be made available in the US or UK, but hopefully support for additional countries will come soon. Some of the features of the BlackBerry Music Store include:
- Browse the catalog by what’s new, top songs, top albums and genres
- Store your music in the cloud via your 7Digital Music Locker easy portability across devices (BB Smartphone and PlayBook)
- Preview a 30-second sample before buying
- Download over the wireless network or Wi-Fi®
- Let friends know what you’re checking out via BlackBerry Messenger, Email, Text Messaging, Socials Feeds, Facebook and more…
- Download directly to your BlackBerry music library
If you’re in Canada or Australia, be sure to grab the BlackBerry Music Store today, especially if you’ve already been using the service on your PlayBook. Like we said before, we hope to see US and UK support sometime soon. Let us know if you’re liking the new store and if you plan to start getting your music from there!