Author Archives: Zach Gilbert
10:55 am on Jan 9, 2012 |
If seeing the magnitude of leaks for os 7.1 haven’t gotten your mouth-watering then maybe seeing a few other features of the new OS at CES 2012 will tie you over until the full carrier launch. Also if you’re at CES then you’ll want to stop by the BlackBerry booth to get a little hands on time with some BlackBerry 7 devices running OS 7.1. You can check out the full release from RIM after the break.
RIM Showcases New BlackBerry 7.1 OS at CES 2012
New BBM, BlackBerry Traffic and BlackBerry Travel Updates Also Released
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA–(Marketwire – January 09, 2012) – (CES 2012) – A wide range of software improvements await BlackBerry® 7 smartphone customers at the BlackBerry® booth (South Hall 3 Booth # 30326) at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2012). Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM)(TSX: RIM) is showcasing the new BlackBerry® 7.1 OS as well as updates to the BBMTM (BlackBerry® Messenger), BlackBerry® TrafficTMand BlackBerry® TravelTM apps. The new OS and app updates make seizing and sharing the moment even easier.
BlackBerry 7.1 will begin rolling out from carriers around the world beginning today and over the coming weeks(1). The new releases of BBM, BlackBerry Traffic and BlackBerry Travel will be available on BlackBerry® App WorldTM beginning today.
10:09 am on Jan 9, 2012 |
If having up to 32 gigs of music on your BlackBerry wasn’t enough, get ready top have every FM radio station on your berry. As RIM preps to do a mass release of OS 7.1 for their newest line of BlackBerry smartphones a few unknown features are making their way to the surface. Namely support for FM radio. Officially there isn’t a date set just yet for a wide spread OS 7.1 launch, but I have a gut feeling that we’ll be seeing things moving quite quickly in the coming weeks, stay-tuned.
Source : CrackBerry
9:56 am on Jan 9, 2012 |
It has seemed like eternity since RIM announced the latest upgrade to the PlayBook operating system, version 2.0. Knowing that RIM would be making a BOLD statement at CES this year it doesn’t come as to much of a shock that they are letting CES attendees have a sneak peek at the new OS. RIM states in the release that the newest OS still has an expected release of February 2012, so only a month away. Check out the full release after the break to get an idea at what would be making it onto OS2.0.
RIM Previews BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 at CES
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA–(Marketwire – Jan. 9, 2012) – (CES 2012) – This week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) will be previewing new features of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 that will enable customers to stay even more connected and productive in their personal and professional lives.
“BlackBerry PlayBook is already recognized for delivering powerful performance, true multi-tasking, advanced web browsing and HD multimedia in an ultra-portable design,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. “With BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 we are building on this strong foundation, as well as leveraging our strengths in communications, social integration and productivity, to allow people to use their BlackBerry PlayBook in new ways throughout the day.”
CES 2012 attendees who visit the BlackBerry booth at CES (South Hall 3 Booth # 30326) will get a sneak peek of upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 functionality including:
9:40 pm on Jan 8, 2012 |
If you’ve been waiting for an official OS 7.1 to leak for your Torch 9860/9810 or Bold 9900, then you’ll have to wait a little bit longer. But to tie you over an unofficial version of the OS has made its way onto the web. The latest version includes the BlackBerry Tag application, and mobile hotspot. If you’re daring enough to take the dive and load a leaked OS onto your berry they hit up the links below. Oh, and don’t forget to toss in a comment to let others know how this OS is treating you.
Source : N4BB.com
- Win a BlackBerry Bold 9900 from TheBerryFix.com – Contest Winner Announced
- All PlayBooks on sale from BlackBerry.com! Only 299.99
- RIM Co-CEO’s Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie being replaced by new Chariman?
- RIM cancels plans to produce BlackBerry “Milan” slider
- Fruits and Ninja updated on the PlayBook – Now includes multi-touch support
- Rumor: RIM considers licensing BlackBerry 10 to Hardware Manufacturers
- BlackBerry 10 OS to be shown off at Mobile World Congress in Febuary
- BackBreaker Vengeance 2 now available for the BlackBerry PlayBook
12:07 am on Jan 7, 2012 |
When RIM launched the BlackBerry 7 devices we’ve all come to love and never want to see leave our side, they also announced a music store that was powered by Amazon Music. While having this store on the phones is awesome, it’s another revenue source for RIM and it gives us the consumers an option other than iTunes, it always made me wonder why they went amazon on the devices and 7Digital on the PlayBook. But it looks as though things are changing. Today RIM has pushed the 7Digital BlackBerry branded music store into Beta Zone.
- The Music Store powered by 7digital/Zdigital offers over 13 million songs, and tracks are available at prices starting as low as $0.79 with bitrates up to 320 kbps (DRM free).
- Music Store content is stored in the cloud via your 7Digital/Zdigital music locker for easy portability across devices and to help against accidental loss.
- Browse by top songs, top albums, new releases, and genres by artist or album
Preview a 30-second sample before you buy
- Choose from multiple content delivery options – Over The Air (OTA) and Wi-Fi®
- Tell friends about your favorites via BBM™, email, SMS, Socials Feeds, Facebook®, and Twitter®
- Bookmark a song and come back to it whenever you’re ready for a preview or download
- Integrated with BlackBerry® smartphone features and functions, including Universal Search and Media Library
- Use promotional voucher codes to get free tracks or discounts
So if you have the privilege to get access to this download let us know your thoughts and options. Should RIM be using 7Digital? or should they be leveraging the connections they’ve made with music lanes due to BBM Music and make their own music store, you let us know.
2:26 pm on Jan 6, 2012 |
Well isn’t this interesting, and by interesting I mean awesome! Verizon has officially dropped the hammer and has released OS 7.1 for the BlackBerry Torch 9850. The latest OS brings new features of epic proportions.
- Device will no longer repeatedly indicate that new software has been installed.
- Device will no longer reset while connected to a charging source.
- Device displays the correct wireless service provider while making calls or sending text messages.
- While in a global roaming condition, connect to a previously registered CDMA network without experiencing lengthy search periods.
- Improvements in home screen responsiveness and reduced touch screen lockups.
- No longer experience delays in audio reception or unexpected call termination.
- Improvements to audio quality during playback for audio files downloaded using the V CAST application.
- The zoom in and zoom out function on the browser application renders the page properly.
- When downloading an application, the device will display the correct number of bytes being downloaded.
- Device now supports Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS).
- Device now supports Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot (MHS).
email & messaging
- Duplicate text messages will no longer display in the Messaging application.
- Improvements in Visual Voice Mail.
So if I were you, which I’m not but I still would get home/to a computer ASAP and get your updating on, why not, it’s free. Let us know if you’ve been able to download the latest update, and let us know what you think.
Source : CrackBerry
2:14 pm on Jan 6, 2012 |
Back at last years BlackBerry Developer conference I was able to get a sneak peak at one of the new game tittles that would be making their way onto the PlayBook, and now yet another is available for download.
BackBreaker Vengeance 2, a game where you’ll put your reaction time to the test as you dodge some of the toughest football players in the world. BackBreaker Vengeance 2 will run you $2.99 from BlackBerry App World and should be available for download, if not wait a few hours as RIM updates the App World servers around the globe.
12:05 pm on Jan 5, 2012 |
As we approach the release date of the BlackBerry 10/PlayBook 2.0 Operating System, the rumors are bound to begin flying, and the latest one doesn’t seem far from the truth. Pocket-lint is hearing that RIM will be in Barcelona, Spain during this years Mobile World Congress in February to demonstrate the power of the BlackBerry 10 Operating System. One thing to note is that there will probably not be any BlackBerry 10 devices on hand and it will be more videos and candid on stage demos.
This doesn’t stray to far from the information we’ve been receiving, though from the rumors it looks as though RIM might demo the new OS for the PlayBook later next week at CES.
Source : Pocket-lint
10:34 am on Jan 5, 2012 |
As we continue to celebrate our second anniversary at TheBerryFix.com, we wanted to help our readers get their hands on yet another BlackBerry 7 powered device. Last week we announced the winner of the Bold 9900 and today I am proud to announce that we will be giving away a brand new BlackBerry Torch 9860. The contest will run for TWO weeks and will end on January 21st 2012.
Win the All new BlackBerry Torch 9860!
The contest will run until Friday January 21st, 2011 at 11:59pm EST. Full contest rules can be found here. We would like to thank BlackBerry for this giveaway, and there will definitely be more to come!
**Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United States*
10:23 am on Jan 5, 2012 |
The team over at BoldCloud, the creators of the popular Sling Golf game on the PlayBook, had let us know that they’ve gone and unlocked course number two in the free version of the game. The new level brings even more challenging obstacles and if you’re like me a few hours of game play as you attempt to get a few hole in ones. You can hit up the link below for the free version, or get all the levels and characters in the paid copy.
11:08 am on Jan 4, 2012 |
Fans of the popular iOS game, Fruit Ninja may want to take a look and the newly updated game available on the PlayBook, Fruits and Ninja. The latest update is available for both the phones and tablet bringing along a few bug fixes, as well as multi-touch support for the PlayBook. The update is available at no cost for those who have bought the game. But those looking for some fruit slicing action can get in on the fun for a measly .99 cents from BlackBerry App World.
4:41 pm on Jan 2, 2012 |
While the PlayBook sales haven’t ended in Canada just yet, RIM is offering all models of the BlackBerry PlayBook for $299.99 to their American customers. So while the 16GB model is a steal at $299, which is $200 off, why not spring for the extra storage that the 64GB model will supply at no extra cost? You’ll definitely want to act fast as RIM has set this promotional offer to end on 2/4/2012, giving you just over a month to get in on the offer.
10:51 am on Jan 2, 2012 |
I wanted to thank all who entered into our anniversary contest to win a BlackBerry Bold 9900. While I truly with we could give everyone a new BlackBerry, we can’t. Which is why I wanted to congratulate RobJohn on winning the Bold 9900! RobJohn please contact us at contests @ theberryfix.com as per the contest rules. For those who entered and didn’t win, the celebration isn’t over……
- Verizon axes the proposed 2$ “convenience” fee for paying your bill
- BlackBerry sponsoring Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2012
- BlackBerry Torch 10000: 5-digit numbering for next-generation BlackBerry Devices?
- Get a BlackBerry PlayBook for $199.99 – Before time runs out!
- Vault password keeper application makes it’s way to the BlackBerry PlayBook
- RIM responds to BBM patent suit with Media Statement
- BlackBerry Traffic update brings voice navigation and more
- Porsche Design BlackBerry P’9981 UK release date and pricing confirmed
- RIM being sued by BBM Canada for illegal use of the trademark
- RIM responds to BGR’s “BlackBerry 10 is a Failure” post
- BlackBerry PlayBook Scrapbooking app updated to version 2.0
- The entire Angry Birds series is now Available on the BlackBerry PlayBook
- Vampire Hunter by Smarter Apps now available on BlackBerry smarphones