Author Archives: Team BerryFix
12:10 pm on Aug 2, 2011 |
TheBerryFix.com is growing, and growing faster than we would have thought, so we need you! TheBerryFix.com is looking for talented writers with a passion for RIM and BlackBerry. Previous writing experience is not a requirement, but it wouldn’t hurt.
We are mainly looking for writers in the San Francisco and NYC area, but apply even if you’re not in that area because we may have other openings.
Q: What do I need to apply?
A: Send an Email to jobs @ TheBerryFix.com with the following.
- Two writing examples (Something new and relevant not something you wrote somewhere else)
- A little about yourself, why you like BlackBerry and what you can bring to the team.
- Your favourite BlackBerry and why.
- Write a few words on why you think TheBerryFix.com is different from the other BlackBerry sites on the net.
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can’t hire minors.)
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. If it’s less than 10hrs then you probably shouldn’t bother, and keep in mind we’re looking for people to be available to write as much as possible. But be realistic, okay?
- Any experience you have with CS5.1 PhotoShop / HTML.
- Any other questions you may have about the position.
Note that we will only review fully complete applications.
- Play guitar on your PlayBook with Guitar Star from Smarter Apps
- BlackBerry Torch 9860 poses for the camera
- Blaq for the PlayBook updated to version 1.1
- Poll: Which 2011 BlackBerry will you be upgrading to?
- BlackBerry PlayBook Law Enforcement Software Concept from Mobile Innovations
- New concept car from Renault outfitted with the BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry School: Video tutorial on using the web based version of App World 3.0 for BlackBerry
- BlackBerry WebWorks SDK Updated to 2.1 for BlackBerry Smartphones
- RIM adds over 1 million subscribers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa in less than three weeks
- Bell set to launch the Bold 9900, Torch 9810 and the Torch 9860 in August
- RIM prepares developers for transition to App World 3.0
- BlackBerry Torch2 9810 launching in August on AT&T?
- ScoreMobile launches BlackBerry PlayBook app
- Video Review: OEM Leather Sleeve for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Monza could launch on T-Mobile June 29th
- BlackBerry School Lesson 23: How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry
- First PlayBook television and radio Ads Air
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 gets official WiFi certification
- Getting to know TheBerryFix.com
- RIM acquires cross-platform cloud based calendar provider Tungle
- BlackBerry OS 6.1 renamed BlackBerry 7
- Get social with AppVerse in ShopTheBerryFix.com
- RIM announces Wireless achievement Award Finalists
- BlackBerry Partners Fund launches 3 million dollar BlackBerry developer challenge
- More detailed look at the digital compass found in BlackBerry 7
- OS 18.104.22.168 Leaked For The BlackBerry Curve 9330
- BlackBerry 6 Leaked For The Bold 9650!
- OS 22.214.171.124 Leaked For The BlackBerry Torch 9800
- Could This be the BlackBerry Storm 3?
- RIM Trademarks The Name SurfBook
- Meebo Releases IM Application For BlackBerry!
- BlackBerry Bold 9780 Makes Another Appearance
- Bold 9780 Gets Previewed On Video
- DropBox For BlackBerry Is Now Available For Everyone!
- RIM Launches The DevCon Mobile Guide
- OtterBox Releases The Commuter Case For The BlackBerry Torch 9800
- BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife Updated To Version 1.8
- The Canadian BlackBerry Torch 9800 Launch Update
- RIM Launches The BlackBerry Business Blog
- The BlackBerry 9670 Clamshell Gets FCC Approved
- Review: The BlackBerry Curve 3G From Verizon
- BlackBerry Torch “Coming Soon to Telus” Page Goes Live
- Who’s Your Carrier of Choice for the Torch?
- BlackBerry Curve 3G Headed to T-Mobile
- Rogers confirms Blackberry Torch release date; September 24th
- OS 126.96.36.1992 Leaked For The Curve 9300
- Verizon Set To Debut Prepaid BlackBerry Plans?
- Telus To Launch BlackBerry Torch On September 24th
- BlackBerry 9670 Clamshell to be Called the BlackBerry Style?!
- Starbucks Launches Mobile Starbucks Card App For BlackBerry
- Virgin Mobile Canada Set To Launch The Torch 9800 September 24th
- Telus Set To Be The First Carrier To Offer Carrier Billing In App World
- Official OS 188.8.131.522 For The Curve 8520 And Curve 8900 Released By T-Mobile
I must say, this week has been quite exciting. RIM has finally announced the developer tools for BlackBerry 6, they also let us know that developer support for Mac would be coming soon. Along side that there have been a few leaks for the Curve and Pearl 9100 and we recorded another great Podcast. After you check out all the links make sure you enter into the Powermat contest that ends sunday night.
- OS 184.108.40.2064 Leaked for the BlackBerry Pearl 9100/9105
- OS 220.127.116.116 Leaked for the BlackBerry Curve 8530
- LinkedIn Updated To Version 1.2
- Justin’s App Of The Day: Light Bulbs
- Blackberry 6 Developers Webcast
- Review: The Jabra Stone Bluetooth Headset
- AT&T Officially Releases OS 18.104.22.1682 for the Bold 9000
- Rogers Officially Releases OS 22.214.171.1242 for the Bold 9000
- Bell Launches a Sign-up Page for The BlackBerry Torch 9800
- BlackBerry Curve 9330 Headed to Sprint
- Quick Look: BlackBerry HS-700 Bluetooth Headset
- First Image Of BlackBerry Theme Builder For BlackBerry 6 Devices
- New BlackBerry 6 Developer Tools Now Available
- BlackBerry Super App Challenge Deadline Soon!
- TheBerryFix.com Podcast: Episode 012 Torch 3 Weeks Later
- inPulse Smartwatch (Aka BlackBerry Watch) Enters Into Alpha Testing
- Personalize Your BlackBerry Torch With Coveroo
- First Look At The BlackBerry Bold 9780
- Video Of BlackBerry 6 Running On The Bold 9700
- The BlackBerry Torch 9800 Coming Soon To Vodafone UK
- RIM Releases The HS-700 Wireless Headset
- RIM Releases BlackBerry App World 2.0 Out Of Beta
- BlackBerry 9670 Clamshell Gets Named Oxford, Previewed In Leaked RIM Slides
- BlackBerry 9780 Leaked In RIM Training Slides
- Unboxing Video Of The Jabra Stone Bluetooth Headset
- Rogers Retail Locations Begin Receiving Torch 9800 Display Kiosks
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 To Launch On Rogers In September
- BlackBerry 9670 Clamshell Coming To Sprint
- RIM Sold 150,000 BlackBerry Torch Devices on Opening Weekend
- Video Of BlackBerry 6 On A Bold 9650
- BlackBerry Torch in White Coming Excusively to Rogers
Things seem to be heating up for those of us in the BlackBerry world. With the release of the Torch this week we got our first official taste of the next generation BlackBerry design and BlackBerry 6. It has also been all about apps for the past week. RIM released many updates to accomodate BlackBerry 6 and they released some new ones such as Desktop Manager 6.0 and the BlackBerry Podcast app. Check out the articles below to catch up on anything you may have missed this past week on TheBerryFix.com
- Telus Set to Launch Torch 9800 Septerber 16?
- RIM Officially Announces the Curve 3G (9300)
- T-Mobile To Launch Curve 3G in Grey and Violet
- RIM’s BlackPad Tablet Rumored to Launch in November
- Torch 9800 Unboxing Video
- Verizon Bold 9650 Review
- RIM Releases Desktop Manager 6.0
- RIM Releases BlackBerry Podcasts App
- BBM 126.96.36.199 Officially Available
- Device Simulator for the Clamshell 9670 Leaked
- Telus to Launch Curve 3G at the End of August
- Unboxing Video of the Jabra Cruiser
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 Review
- Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone Review
Now that the BlackBerry Torch 9800 is officially announced and the simulators are up, we’ve been snooping around checking out the many new features. We also took some time to check out some of the old goodies we have known to come and love. I’m talking about BrickBreaker. Looks like there are some small visual changes and an improvement that a lot of the Storm 1 and Storm 2 users have been waiting for. Thats right, Portrait Mode (Except you’re going to have to get the Torch, or maybe the Storm 3?).
Quite an interesting week we had don’t you think? Had a slew of devices leaks like the 9300 and 9780, a contest and a few unboxings were done. If you’er sitting there thinking that this past week was a boar, then i just dont know what to say other than your out of your frakin mind! But! this coming week is going to be amazing I can feel it. Grab the links below and get prepped for a new week.
- Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9650 Unboxing
- Bell BlackBerry Curve 9300 Color Choices and Pricing Leaked
- TheBerryFix.com Radio Show: Episode 010 By-By Verizon Storm 9550
- BlackBerry Bold 9780 Makes Its First Video Appearance
- RIM Registers BlackPad.com Domain Name – BlackBerry Tablet Around the Corner?
- BlackBerry 6 Is Coming For The BlackBerry Bold 9650 !!!
- BlackBerry and AT&T Hosting Event In NYC?!
- Telus To Launch BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300) Near The End Of August
- BlackBerry Bold 9780 Shows Off Again For The Camera
- Bell Launching The BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300) On August 12th
- RIM Launches New Geolocation Service Using Cellular Towers Instead Of GPS
This has been a quiet but still good week in BlackBerry news. RIM offered another peek at the soon-to-be-released BlackBerry 6 operating system, we recorded a fun podcast, and Apple tried to make us look bad… Take a look at the news from this past week to see what you may have missed.
- BlackBerry 6 Previewed again by RIM, Set for Summer Release
- RIM Releases BlackBerry Protect into Beta
- BlackBerry Messenger, a Simple App or a Way of Life? (Editorial)
- Please, For The Love of BlackBerry, Stop Rebroadcasting Spam Messages (Editorial)
- BlackBerry 9800 Replacement Parts Show Up Online
- BlackBerry School Lesson 15: How-to Security Wipe Your BB
- Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650 Unboxing
- TheBerryFix.com Radio Show 009: “I Can Hold My BlackBerry Any Way I Want”
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 Antenna Test
- Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie Speak Out About Apple Statements
The BlackBerry faucet hasn’t been dripping to much this past week, but we did see a few videos on the 9800 and a nice video from Sal on the 9650 and 9300. So take a look at this past weeks news before we dive into another week on TheBerryFix.com.
- BlackBerry Curve 9300 Gets Some Love from The FCC
- Official BlackBerry Twitter Application Comes Out of Beta, Tonight?
- Video Overview of The BlackBerry Curve 9300
- BlackBerry 9670 Gets Some Screen Time….Again
- BlackBerry 9800 Slider Gets Featured In Yet Another Video
- Video: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9700 Unboxing
- New Information on the Upcoming BlackBerry Shield Program
- Unnamed BlackBerry Device Coming to T-Mobile In September
- BlackBerry School Lesson 14: How-to Password Protect Your BlackBerry
- Video: Review of the BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone
- Video: New BlackBerry WebKit Browser Shown Off in 3 Min 41 Seconds
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9700 Review
11:04 pm on Jul 3, 2010 |
If you missed anything on TheBerryFix.com this week don’t get mad we have you covered. Make sure you grab the links below because last week was quite entertaining, nothing crazy happened in BlackBerry news but if you havent heard our latest podcast we suggest you do…..its an entertaining one.
- OS 188.8.131.525 Leaked for The BlackBerry Storm 9530
- Theme Review: iV3 From Z Man Designs
- Lauren Conrad Shows off Her BlackBerry Tour 9630
- Justin’s App of the Day: OpenTable
- BlackBerry Bold (Torch) 9800 to Launch in Late August on AT&T
- BlackBerry Curve 9300 Photos and Specs Leak Out
- S4BB Offers Their Apps For Just .99 Cents To Celebrate Independence Day
- eBay For BlackBerry Now Out of Beta
- BlackBerry School Lesson 13: How-to Enable and Connect a Bluetooth Device
- TheBerryFix.com Radio Show: Episode 008 Randomness…
- Registration Now Open for BlackBerry Developer’s Conference 2010
- FaceBook Chat for BlackBerry Coming Soon?
This past week has been full of rumors and speculation in the BlackBerry world. Lots of new possible device and BlackBerry 6 information, as well as information on App World 2.0. RIM released their Q1 earnings report and things are looking good so far and the outlook for the second half of the year looks even better.
- TheBerryFix.com Radio Show: Episode 007; BlackBerry App World 2.0
- Video: App World 2.0 Walkthrough
- Review: Hyberpad by Bishop Scientific
- Support Your Country With a BBM Flag
- Announcing TheBerryFix.TV; View all our Videos in one place
- New Photos of the 9800 Slider
- DriveSafe.ly announces Caller ID App for BlackBerry
- Official Bold 9700 OS 184.108.40.2064 from T-Mobile
- BitBop Brings TV Streaming to BlackBerry
- Screenshots of BlackBerry Shield Leak Out
- Theme Studio 5.0 Updated with Service Pack 1
- RIM Announces 1st Quarter Earnings
- T-Mobile Curve 9300 Makes it’s Video Debut
- Official OS 220.127.116.112 for the BlackBerry Tour 9630 now Available from Verizon
- Video: White BlackBerry Bold 9700 Hands on
- The BlackBerry Torch? Will it be Lighting up soon?
- RIM Hosting BBM Contest for a $5,000 Grand Prize: Tell Us How You BBM!
- Justin’s App of the Day: Aerize Alerts
- Analysts Show Proposed Device Roadmap for RIM in 2010
- Rogers Makes Bold 9700 OS 18.104.22.1683 Official
- AT&T Officially Releases OS 22.214.171.1242 for the Bold 9700
- Buzzd Version 3.0 Released for BlackBerry
- Verizon Releases Official OS 126.96.36.1993 for the BlackBerry Storm 2
- Digital China Launches The All New BlackBerry Curve 8910 in China