If you weren’t feeling daring and didn’t install one of the many leaks that made their way onto the internet for the 9800, then today AT&T is going to be your best friend. All Torch owners are going to want to get out their USB cables, power up BlackBerry Desktop manager 6 (or install it if you haven’t) and load up the latest official OS from AT&T. OS 18.104.22.168 is the highest OS number we have seen to date and there are some welcome changes, like no lag when switching from you app screens! Let us know how the Torch and this OS are working for you.
BlackBerry Torch customers who upgrade will benefit from overall system performance improvements, including:
- Browser – faster page loading and improved panning
- User input – handled more efficiently, improved responsiveness after unlocking device
- Applications – faster launching, exiting and switching
- Home Screen – faster rendering and smoother transitions when switching between panes
- Media – faster rendering of thumbnails in picture application
- Email/Messaging – faster and smoother scrolling in message list and when reading email
- Voice- Software improvements for improved audio quality
Thanks for the Tip everyone! If you have a Tip for us send and email to tips (@) theberryfix.com!